Page 233 of 465 FirstFirst ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 11607
    It's not like many of us want to live in the front range.
    So why do you? Do you mean that in a Utopian "I wish I could make what I make and my kids could go to good schools and my wife would be happy and I could immigrate to Canada and I could live in Squamish and telecommute and there would be no lift lines at Whistler"

or like

"I understand that life is a series of imperfect choices for just about everywhere. I chose to live in Denver because it is a pretty good life for me and my family. That said, driving I70 on the weekend to go skiing sucks!'

We all got choices to make that involve sacrifices. You make yours, I make mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    So why do you? Do you mean that in a Utopian "I wish I could make what I make and my kids could go to good schools and my wife would be happy and I could immigrate to Canada and I could live in Squamish and telecommute and there would be no lift lines at Whistler"

or like

"I understand that life is a series of imperfect choices for just about everywhere. I chose to live in Denver because it is a pretty good life for me and my family. That said, driving I70 on the weekend to go skiing sucks!'

We all got choices to make that involve sacrifices. You make yours, I make mine.
    Well yeah, except for revelstoke instead of squamish. Whistler is a shit show. Reality is too late in the game to change my career and my only options are denver or texas, so I try not to bitch too much until I can change careers.

If only I married a canadian...

I love how foggy rants can get the front range panties in a bit of a wad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How am I doing?
    Let me know how to "ski school", the mountain approved way, and I'll get back to you.

Bonus points for telling me how to spot "bitch milfs" from afar. I certainly don't want to get into conversation with someone before I label them.

How am I doing?
    You are killing it.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Some of you non-frontrangers are pretty fucking salty. It's not like many of us want to live in the front range.
    I don’t know, I do. At least, IN the city. Denver’s great.

Wow

I'm actually at work right now
    Plenty of quality material here can't wait to read up on it

On the other hand I am dying to get stoned and go skiing since town is empty and the sun is out

Keep up the solid work guys

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah. And unfortunately foggy is right

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Let me know how to "ski school" , the mountain approved way, and I'll get back to you.
    By accident, I learned that you can access Sorenson Park on skis from the top and avoid the calf scramble. But really what I'm talking about is not just mowing down kids on your way to scoop Johnny and load him up the Landcruiser, get his his organic treat, get Mom car "car bar" Pinot and get your traffic on. It was disgusting. Piles of happy kids burst out crying as a great day outside turned into the baggage carousel at O'hare on the Wednesday of Thanksgiving.

It honestly made me sad. As I kid, skiing meant so much to me. I spend most Sunday afternoons with a bunch of 4-7 year olds skiing the greens. Hanging out with them and seeing how much honest fun they are having and the sense of accomplishment they get from improving is a bright spot in my week. To see that turned into tears by I bunch of rat race parents was disheartening. The moment was totally ruined for many of them.

Bonus points for telling me how to spot "bitch milfs" from afar. I certainly don't want to get into conversation with someone before I label them.
    Pro-tip: Body language, raised voices, self-entitled parking...they paint a picture. Skiing is supposed to be fun. If it ain't why do it?

I am dying to get stoned and go skiing since town is empty and the sun is out
    Simple pleasures! I got a bit more office to do them I'm gonna take the dog XC.

There is a mountain somewhere that I forget with a sign that Mrs Beece loves to quote: “We are all here to have fun.”

I find that helpful to keep in mind.

Also I frankly never understood why you put your kid in ski school. Don’t you wanna ski with your kid? Sure it’s rough for a few years, but gravity is a leveler and you will be back to skiing real terrain by the time they are 7-8 and skiing kind of whatever you want by the time they are 12-13. And asking them to slow down when they are 14.

And by then they will be skiers for life and family ski days will be the best days of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Are they all mountiain-y all the time or do they flip a switch?
    That switch only works in Denver. I'm in Colorado Springs, and we've got a real live 14er sitting smack dab right there. Try turning that all mountain-y switch off and your gonna most likely possibly die one way or another. Like I said, it's a friggin' 14er, and it's sitting right there.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Also I frankly never understood why you put your kid in ski school. Don’t you wanna ski with your kid? Sure it’s rough for a few years, but gravity is a leveler and you will be back to skiing real terrain by the time they are 7-8 and skiing kind of whatever you want by the time they are 12-13. And asking them to slow down when they are 14.
    Because I ski plenty with my kid, but every time I put her in ski school, her skiing improved dramatically. Is it really that hard to understand? They are better at teaching skiing than most of us, than me at least. Not to mention that kids often have a less than pleasant dynamic with mom/dad that is totally different when skiing with kids their age and an authority figure that isn't mom/dad.

The goal is certainly to get her good enough to ski all over the mountain with me. But using ski school to achieve that end doesn't seem odd to me.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I wish I could put my wife in ski school. Same with a bunch of my buddies wives. That and drivers education with an emphasis on winter driving....

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I wish I could put my wife in ski school. Same with a bunch of my buddies wives. That and drivers education with an emphasis on winter driving....
    No kidding, especially when they complain that buying them a ski pass isn't considered a gift and then complain that it is too expensive to ski for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I love how foggy rants can get the front range panties in a bit of a wad.
    It’s a thing of beauty in this already glorious thread.

Back to I70: did the semi that crashed off Floyd Hill go down the embankment on the north side of WB?!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Back to I70: did the semi that crashed off Floyd Hill go down the embankment on the north side of WB?!
    Yeah and they lived. Never heard what the deal was with the car going off BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because I ski plenty with my kid, but every time I put her in ski school, her skiing improved dramatically.
    Not to keep us off topic, but this is worth replying to. I didn't really think of it this way. If you are seeing bigger improvement in ski school then with you teaching your kids, then I get that. I'll rethink my attitude on it.

Sorry. I just have a knee jerk reaction to these parents that dump their kids in ski school so they can ignore them and then can't figure out why they end up either not liking skiing or not liking skiing with mom and dad.

But you make a good point and I take it back in some circumstances like yours.

Not to keep us off topic, but this is worth replying to. I didn't really think of it this way. If you are seeing bigger improvement in ski school then with you teaching your kids, then I get that. I'll rethink my attitude on it.

Sorry. I just have a knee jerk reaction to these parents that dump their kids in ski school so they can ignore them and then can't figure out why they end up either not liking skiing or not liking skiing with mom and dad.

But you make a good point and I take it back in some circumstances like yours.
    Trust me, the entire kiddo program in my family is about turning my kiddo into a rad skier that loves skiing. But I am completely self-taught (and a tele skier to boot) so have no idea how to teach her. And she definitely resists learning things from mom and dad. And almost without exception, she was way happier and way more exhausted after every ski lesson vs days she skied just with us. Ski school was worth it.

But I get it, some people use it as alternate day care. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the days she was in ski school! But getting a "kid free ski day" was a bonus, not a feature.

Kids belong in ski school. They should also be put in driving school. These programs work to prevent them from being a drag on society and growing up to be Jerrys that drive slow in the left lane and slow down the lift by falling all the time. Kids don't need to be around their parents on the hill.

Last thing this world needs is more helicopter parents teaching their kids to ski.

just another front ranger taking themselves to seriously up in the mountains.
    This, more than anything else posted here, is the problem.

Skiing is fun. Don’t take everything so seriously.

Just because you can afford to go into Evo, drop $2K on a backcountry setup, and lift your Tundra doesn’t make you Chris Davenport. But I’m not either. Nor are the 1000 other people on Berthoud on a Saturday.

Relax. Have fun. Be humble. It’s doesn’t seem that hard...
    go upside down.

Also I frankly never understood why you put your kid in ski school. Don’t you wanna ski with your kid?
    Didn't know you aren't allowed to ski with your kid ever if you put them in ski school, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Relax. Have fun. Be humble.
    This will be a great caption for my next instagram post from the tailgate of my lifted Tundra next to my $2k backcountry setup - thx!

solid work today gentlemen

I'm pretty sure the shit show will start right up thursday afternoon
    in the meantime make sure you enjoy yourselves

foggy went off the deep end for sure, hope he is ok
    and if your looking for him in grand county just look for the car/truck that has the "local" colorado sticker on it