Page 244 of 465 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    And construct an elevated deck highway!
    For the record, this was my idea, and I still think it is brilliant.

Or just a retractable roof over the highway for any time it snows.

And construct an elevated deck highway!
    I'm thinking double-decker. Lower level is westbound traffic, middle elevated platform is east, and top level is MONORAIL!!

It's brilliant!

There are NO drawbacks!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    For the record, this was my idea, and I still think it is brilliant.

Or just a retractable roof over the highway for any time it snows.
    Haha.

How is construction of the Hyperloop system coming along?

Denver to Like Nothing on Earth in under 7 minutes IS the future.
    Old's Cool.

Haha.

How is construction of the Hyperloop system coming along?
    I thought we named it the fart tunnel since people would gain 5000ft in 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I think a tunnel from Denver to GJ with intermittent elevators to local towns would be best. Since the two cities are roughly the same elevation, there'd be no climbing involved and no altitude gain until the elevator which could be pressurized to prevent rapid decompression. Maybe Elon Musk could drill the tunnel.

I think a tunnel from Denver to GJ with intermittent elevators to local towns would be best. Since the two cities are roughly the same elevation, there'd be no climbing involved and no altitude gain until the elevator which could be pressurized to prevent rapid decompression. Maybe Elon Musk could drill the tunnel.
    We're going to BBI Euro hosted by Vendul in Sedrun to investigate this option:

The elevator: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porta_Alpina
    The tunnel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotthard_Base_Tunnel

A couple years ago there was a bad accident just past the turd plant north of trailerthorne.

Ways and all the stupid traffic apps told people that they could use the residential streets in the north 40 subdivision and sage creek so everyone is hauling ass through the neighborhood only to find that they closed the rode between the neighborhoods thirty years ago.

I laughed my ass off all afternoon as people came to the dead end and were very lost.

People are stupid and believe there computer over anything.

The old lady finally drove down to the highway and reamed the sherif and cdot suddenly no one was turning around in her driveway

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    That's just crazy talk.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    A couple years ago there was a bad accident just past the turd plant north of trailerthorne.

Ways and all the stupid traffic apps told people that they could use the residential streets in the north 40 subdivision and sage creek so everyone is hauling ass through the neighborhood only to find that they closed the rode between the neighborhoods thirty years ago.

I laughed my ass off all afternoon as people came to the dead end and were very lost.

The old lady finally drove down to the highway and reamed the sherif and cdot suddenly no one was turning around in her driveway
    Reminds me of how Waze and Gmaps has routed truckers over Independence Pass or via Sylvian Lake to get pass a Vail Pass shutdown or the Glenwood Springs construction shitshow. Fucking morons.

It's funny how everyone likes to bitch at waze and google, but how many of you don't use those apps, especially when you're somewhere unfamiliar? Seems somehow related to the notion that you're not in traffic, you are traffic (which I most certainly thought of last night).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I like the 'Police ahead' notifications on the Waze.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm shocked how few people ski here Monday-Friday, even when they report 6+.

Shhhhhhh
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

There does need to be some other routes around Dilverthorne interchange at Exit 205 for when this shit happens. Gridlock gets annoying for local traffic that is just trying to get through to get to work.
    years ago there was talk of putting a road in between wilderness and frisco, a frontage road along 70
    got shut down by the county commissioners and all the other do gooders because roads are bad

and everyone was talking about a tunnel under breck so you could bi pass trafffic in town and get to where you needed on the other side of the county

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I never knew Conan wrote that episode...
    go upside down.

I love how all the butt-hurt summit county "locals" think they can take a public road paid for by tax dollars and restrict use of that road to themselves and their friends.

YOU chose to buy an overpriced condo in one of the most popular mountain towns in america, 2 hours from a city of 3 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I love how all the butt-hurt summit county "locals" think they can take a public road paid for by tax dollars and restrict use of that road to themselves and their friends.

YOU chose to buy an overpriced condo in one of the most popular mountain towns in america, 2 hours from a city of 3 million people.
    ^

I didn’t buy anything and wouldn’t be able to use it, if restricted. I’m not local. My DL is Denver. I just think its fucked up that tourists are turning a local’s 10 minute drive into a 40 minute drive just so they can shave 5 minutes off their 3 hour drive home or to the airport. Just stay on the highway. Jesus.

YOU chose to move to the city of 3 million people and be a weekend warrior driving I70 to some of the most popular mountain towns in America. Overpriced? Have you check the Denver housing market lately?

I think the only person suggesting a local's only route was Lindahl, who is probably your neighbor.

The "locals" would just like a solution to the complete gridlock that occurs every time the highway shuts down when they are just trying to get to work or home. Probably happens 5-10 times a season, and where I live and work, I am rarely affected but I know a lot of people who are and it sucks.

And our shitty small town newspaper concurs with the causes of the clusterfuck:
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/wha...maps-to-blame/

YOU chose to move to the city of 3 million people and be a weekend warrior driving I70 to some of the most popular mountain towns in America. Overpriced? Have you check the Denver housing market lately?

I think the only person suggesting a local's only route was Lindahl, who is probably your neighbor.

The "locals" would just like a solution to the complete gridlock that occurs every time the highway shuts down when they are just trying to get to work or home. Probably happens 5-10 times a season, and where I live and work, I am rarely affected but I know a lot of people who are and it sucks.

And our shitty small town newspaper concurs with the causes of the clusterfuck:
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/wha...maps-to-blame/
    It’s pretty simple. People who have moved to CO in the last 20 years will have to leave.
    Including those “locals” that are just transplants in mountain towns.

Problems solved

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

dillon/silverthorne is the worst when the highway closes, people just give up on common sense and stop their car where ever they can, hoping to be first in line to get on the highway when it opens

I guess my "car culture" isn't that good, but these people who are at home sitting in their car for hours on end without moving it pretty weird, you'd think they'd get out of their cars and do something, but when you have wifi, tv's, and a cell phone why would you get out of your car?

I know plenty of people who have been screwed by the parking lot effect in dillon/silverthorne, just trying to get somewhere or get to work. One friend just ditched her car and walked over to the movie theatre and watched a movie hoping things would clear and she could drive the three miles to her house. Cdot and the police have tried to get people to go somewhere other than the middle of the road, but it's almost impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    It’s pretty simple. People who have moved to CO in the last 20 years will have to leave.
    Including those “locals” that are just transplants in mountain towns.

Problems solved

:-)

]
    I"m ready to go, just can't get my mouth off the million dollar tit I have, once I ween myself off the money I'll go

If I were in one of those gridlocked cars at 2PM on Loveland Pass, chances are VERY high that I just came from Breck or Keystone, so I'd pull off and ski Abasin... but people don't do that.

Yea you would think people would choose to go see a movie, or keep skiing until 4 then go to apres and get some dinner... but they choose to sit in their cars inching along for hours. Is there some business opportunity here to open some other apres activity business that people would come to?

Spending 45 minutes crawling through a residential neighborhood doesn't seem entertaining. Google/Waze cannot be expected to help... the computerized voice will say "alternate route will save 2 minutes... rerouting..." It doesn't say "fucking over everyone who just wants to go to work or needs to get their kid some dimatap from the store." What are some real practical solutions to encourage behavior change?

Locals are quite peeved... the traffic jam is the front page story today in the newspaper...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

YOU chose to move to the city of 3 million people and be a weekend warrior driving I70 to some of the most popular mountain towns in America.
    This was a conscious decision. I love Denver for what it is, i.e., the best combination of economic opportunity and outdoor recreation on this continent. I totally understand why so many people want to live here. At the same time, I will advocate for measures that will make it an even better place to live (such as upgrading infrastructure). The mountains are big enough for everyone to enjoy. There are millions of acres of them that almost nobody visits. The problem is not that Colorado is too crowded, the problem is that Coloradans refuse to upgrade our infrastructure to 21st century standards.

Based on figures provided by the Colorado Department of Transportation, this weekend was particularly bad for travel with 54,730 vehicles passing through the Eisenhower Tunnel on Sunday alone, only 3,000 shy of the single-day record.
    Don't forget the fact that it was really fucking busy! I love that Coloradan's have this super awesome perspective of everybody should change but me but really change can't happen because you know...change can't happen.

"Road Closed - local traffic only" why not?

"Congestion Charge 1pm to 7pm $30 - 4 or more people, commercial vehicles no charge" why not?

"Meter traffic leaving the ski areas" why not?

This was a conscious decision. I love Denver for what it is, i.e., the best combination of economic opportunity and outdoor recreation on this continent. I totally understand why so many people want to live here. At the same time, I will advocate for measures that will make it an even better place to live (such as upgrading infrastructure). The mountains are big enough for everyone to enjoy. There are millions of acres of them that almost nobody visits. The problem is not that Colorado is too crowded, the problem is that Coloradans refuse to upgrade our infrastructure to 21st century standards.
    This.

Am I reading that article right? Sunday was 3,000 cars shy of the single day record for summer and winter? That’s fucking crazy!