Page 298 of 465 FirstFirst ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 11607
    Probably had something to do with it being 60 degrees down in town, and there hasn't been any new snow in over a week also...

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Probably had something to do with it being 60 degrees down in town, and there hasn't been any new snow in over a week also...
    And yet there was a bunch of good ski around in the backcountry today. Found lots of nice consolidated pow.

I know this is the I70 BITCH thread......but I figure Breck is close enough to I70, right? Fuck this place right now.....what a goddamn madhouse. Is it worse than ever before, or is my memory failing? Ran a couple errands at lunch today and then came back to the office with no where to park, thanks to assholes like this.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RyA0V1S.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	897.9 KB 
ID:	308368

I hope the parking Nazis did their job.
    Old's Cool.

Speaking of which I thought they got rid of rental plates. How did they come back?

Got rid of red plates? Have you not been on i70? It is all red and out of state plates. It has only increased.

FLT= Fucking Losers from Texas

Breck has been a shitshow.

Well I avoid i70 when possible.
    Where it says flt for fleet it previously said Rtl or something for rental, and CO’s were in green or white I thought.
    Then a bunch of tourists in Florida and elsewhere started getting jacked and whacked and they decided it was a bad idea to let civilians know who the rental cars were.
    Yeah? Buller? Maybe like 8 years ago? 15?

I've been here 15 and always thought they've been red

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I know this is the I70 BITCH thread......but I figure Breck is close enough to I70, right? Fuck this place right now.....what a goddamn madhouse. Is it worse than ever before, or is my memory failing? Ran a couple errands at lunch today and then came back to the office with no where to park, thanks to assholes like this.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RyA0V1S.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	897.9 KB 
ID:	308368

I hope the parking Nazis did their job.
    As crazy as it is, still hasn’t barely been a line at tbar during my ski breaks, not bad skiing either.

They always were flt plates. It was assumed to be rental, because it's really easy to tell.

We never had rental plates per se, but the red plate special seems to be more and more ubiquitous. And it 100% is profiling, and it is 100% accurate. I could tell a couple red plate special stories a day.

I the I-70

Cool. Yeah noticed more reds lately but bought they were different back when. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Cool. Yeah noticed more reds lately but bought they were different back when. No biggie.
    I can understand why. People used to just rent a normal car from the airport with a plate that could be from anywhere. Now, increasingly, the parking lots are full of full-on morman movers which tend to carry flt plates. Good amount of regional Colorado rentals in the winter have shifted to flt plates as well.

Just stay the fuck away from them. Yesterday I was exiting the supermarket and stopped to let some tourons cross from the bus. Just as they cleared my bumper, the red plate, without any right away whatsoever, just cut in front of me from a perpendicular lane in the parking lot. I just raise my hands and wait a couple extra seconds to see what BS they'll come up with next.

I passed them as soon as I could get up the on ramp. They hung back at around 50. You can't change their behavior. You really cannot.

The red plates are extremely convenient...so much so I've (mostly) stopped getting mad at tourists as I immediately know to put them in my rear view as quickly as possible.

breck is not any busier pretty much on par with the past couple years
    we just forget how bad it really is
    a friend of mine said it took 50 mins to drive from frisco to the wellington neighborhod the other day, that's bad I suppose
    next year is going to be epic when we lose the gondola lot for parking garage construciton

the town spent a billion dollars on these huge signs to tell people there is no where to park in town but morons still drive around endlessly hoping to score a spot a buddy said he saw to people run into each other fighting over a spot by the river walk
    after complaining to the town over and over how a certain parking situation was negitively affecting us they finally made some adjustments but talk about I don't give a fuck attitude by the gov't while disregarding their own rules and laws

I've been working downtown and talk about a cluster fuck at least the meter maids have been nice and haven't been ticketing me or anyone who works for me
    Parking however and where ever I want has been nice usually you put half the car in a snow bank and that signals something

the light at lincoln and main is the biggest fuck in the world, people just crossing as they please even though they don't have the right of way
    my favorite ever a few years ago, this older toyota is coming into the intersection and all these people are crossing without the right away, guy took it out gear and hit the gas, the engine reved so loud as he rolled towards them slowly, people scattered suprised some fat tourists didn't fall on their ass
    if I see two more tourists up french gulch at a trailhead jerking each other off I tell you
    so yeah fuck breck, sometimes I hate living here

Even though working on Main St can be a pain, I love that I always have a spot to park haha

Last night at Giams there was a line of people outside waiting to get phone orders that extended all the way to pho on main.

Name:  1A894601-D996-436D-BE27-C3DE0930F62C.jpeg
Views: 894
Size:  58.5 KB

What a shit show out there. Soo slick for a about 4 or 5 miles coming into Silverthorne, they must have closed it not too far behind me. I think mag made it worse? I dunno.

Not going to Denver again til May

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Even though working on Main St can be a pain, I love that I always have a spot to park haha
    I'm always supposed to have a parking spot at my office, but that doesn't always work when tourons park in the lot illegally. That downtown parking is the best fringe benefit of my job.

Sunday and the great touron exodus can't come soon enough.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    breck is not any busier pretty much on par with the past couple years
    we just forget how bad it really is
    a friend of mine said it took 50 mins to drive from frisco to the wellington neighborhod the other day, that's bad I suppose
    next year is going to be epic when we lose the gondola lot for parking garage construciton

the town spent a billion dollars on these huge signs to tell people there is no where to park in town but morons still drive around endlessly hoping to score a spot a buddy said he saw to people run into each other fighting over a spot by the river walk
    after complaining to the town over and over how a certain parking situation was negitively affecting us they finally made some adjustments but talk about I don't give a fuck attitude by the gov't while disregarding their own rules and laws

I've been working downtown and talk about a cluster fuck at least the meter maids have been nice and haven't been ticketing me or anyone who works for me
    Parking however and where ever I want has been nice usually you put half the car in a snow bank and that signals something

the light at lincoln and main is the biggest fuck in the world, people just crossing as they please even though they don't have the right of way
    my favorite ever a few years ago, this older toyota is coming into the intersection and all these people are crossing without the right away, guy took it out gear and hit the gas, the engine reved so loud as he rolled towards them slowly, people scattered suprised some fat tourists didn't fall on their ass
    if I see two more tourists up french gulch at a trailhead jerking each other off I tell you
    so yeah fuck breck, sometimes I hate living here
    Sounds like you’re describing everyday in NYC.

Texans in the wild heading back east. Bare and wet blinker technique going 15 under. At least they were on the right...

https://i.imgur.com/tBpwgiT.gif

(Embed works in preview, but not in the post. I give up.)
    Last edited by skiandbike; 01-01-2020 at 11:15 PM. Reason: embed

Imgur don’t like us for some reason.... no imgur links will work here.

Thats classic

(Works in the app)

Westbound after Frisco was a hockey rink this AM around 830, multiple trucks ditched on the shoulder. The dull vs. shiny texture of the ice certainly fooled people. Also witnessed two dudes pushing their truck in the right lane in the construction zone near Empire, that couldn't have been fun.