Page 285 of 465 FirstFirst ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    giving up on life at any age weather 25 or 85 is sad
    stay engaged stay alive
    stay happy
    not always easy
    loss of hearing/eyesight/spouse/etc changes a person
    figuring out that we are mice in the wheel, endlessly running and spinning the contraption of life has an effect
    if you stop to take a breath, it can all come tumbling down, unless you have resources...
    just sayin....
    Last edited by MiCol; 09-24-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Took 75 minutes to go the last 4 miles up Kenosha pass this afternoon at noon.

So many leafers.
    I70 backed solid from just E of Dillon. I dunno how you do it.

Yeah yeah, I know YOU don't do it.

Still beats living in most major metro areas elsewhere in the country

I was referring to those from major metro areas returning home on a Sunday.
    I was heading home opposite said traffic.

Gotta get those insta-leafpeepers shots for the likes, even if you’re in traffic longer than the short hike.

Ironically there was zero traffic coming eastbound out of Denver on Sunday mid-day. The shitshow on the pass was entirely due to people trying to get back to Denver having to dodge families darting across Kenosha combined with the general idiocy of ~500 cars parked on the summit.

Even saw a group of bros posted up playing cornhole 2-3 feet off the road

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Ironically there was zero traffic coming eastbound out of Denver on Sunday mid-day. The shitshow on the pass was entirely due to people trying to get back to Denver having to dodge families darting across Kenosha combined with the general idiocy of ~500 cars parked on the summit.

Even saw a group of bros posted up playing cornhole 2-3 feet off the road
    Glad that spot and Boreas suck up all the tourons, leaving other wildly better spots quiet.

Heavy snow coming this week to the I70 corridor. Over/under at 5 for number of long closures.

Over.

Any guesses at what time(s) Vail Pass will close and for how long?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Over.

Bastards. I have to go to Keystone for a conference Wednesday morning till Friday afternoon. Hope it all closes on Thursday if it has to close.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Bastards. I have to go to Keystone for a conference Wednesday morning till Friday afternoon. Hope it all closes on Thursday if it has to close.
    Better leave now

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I'm heading to the front range for work today, supposed to drive back on Thursday. So it will definitely close on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I'm heading to the front range for work today, supposed to drive back on Thursday. So it will definitely close on Thursday.
    Vibes ***

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Over.

It will close within 15 mins of the snow starting; 3 hour closure. Multiple accidents involving 2wd cars and semis.

Wild card! Semi truck caught fire at the bottom of the hill coming into silverthorne, closing 70 westbound. Didn't even take a single snowflake to fuck up the highway

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Is it just me, or does it seem like way more trucks are catching fire on 70 lately?

Tommorow is an unofficial holiday in Colorado. Its "Recent Transplant Car Crash Day". It happens every October when the first nasty storm come through town. The folks that moved to the front range at some point after the month of May, empowered by their 4x4 or AWD automobile, will be driving a little too fast tommorow morning. Some of them will find themself in the ditch or causing a multi car accident. Wave at them as you drive by.

The day after this first storm is called: "OMG I need better tires day".

The nice thing about the forecast is that it is going to not really do much in the central mountains, so hopefully Denver gets a nice heavy wet slick coating and that sends the message early.

One can hope. But yes, the passes will close regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The nice thing about the forecast is that it is going to not really do much in the central mountains, so hopefully Denver gets a nice heavy wet slick coating and that sends the message early.

One can hope. But yes, the passes will close regardless.
    I had to go to Denver and back today and everybody I talked to in the city talked as if a 5 foot blizzard was inbound. One person asked me if I was nervous.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I had to go to Denver and back today and everybody I talked to in the city talked as if a 5 foot blizzard was inbound. One person asked me if I was nervous.
    Well... are you?

looks like they are closing it preemptively tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Tommorow is an unofficial holiday in Colorado. Its "Recent Transplant Car Crash Day". It happens every October when the first nasty storm come through town. The folks that moved to the front range at some point after the month of May, empowered by their 4x4 or AWD automobile, will be driving a little too fast tommorow morning. Some of them will find themself in the ditch or causing a multi car accident. Wave at them as you drive by.

The day after this first storm is called: "OMG I need better tires day".
    The entire week is also known as "front rangers put their snow tires on week". Beware going to Discount Tire.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

EB Vail Pass is closed
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

roads are typical in summit county, slushy and a bit icy, drove across the county and back for coffee this morning, did 45-55, got pulled around alittle, been a few months of no snow driving, 70 was fine, but add in hundreds of other cars in the next hour and it'll be a mess, one of my employees likes taking photos of cars on their roofs, wonder how many pics he gonna get today, nuking in breck