Page 299 of 465 FirstFirst ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Westbound after Frisco was a hockey rink this AM around 830, multiple trucks ditched on the shoulder. The dull vs. shiny texture of the ice certainly fooled people. Also witnessed two dudes pushing their truck in the right lane in the construction zone near Empire, that couldn't have been fun.
    [tangentially related post] In Boulder Canyon (so not I-70), they have been putting something on the road that causes the entire road surface to look white (is it mag chloride? if so, they must be using more than has ever been used in road history). It's really thrown me for a loop, because the road looks snowpacked and icy, but it's just white from the crap they put down. [/trp]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Dumb Texans. Ugh. The road is fucking bare!!

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Came through Summit on the way to Aspen this AM. Dumb fuck delays at Idaho Sp and Frisco to Copper cost us 1 1/2 hours. 5 +hours to Aspen is the longest it’s ever taken me, even in a storm.

I guess that it was icy earlier but the 10 mile canyon delay was b/c everyone was lookylooing at 15 mph at the small trailer someone had dumped in the median Eastbound.

Then more stupid ass slowing coming into Vail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Came through Summit on the way to Aspen this AM. Dumb fuck delays at Idaho Sp and Frisco to Copper cost us 1 1/2 hours. 5 +hours to Aspen is the longest it’s ever taken me, even in a storm.

I guess that it was icy earlier but the 10 mile canyon delay was b/c everyone was lookylooing at 15 mph at the small trailer someone had dumped in the median Eastbound.

Then more stupid ass slowing coming into Vail.

This is what 10mile looked like when I went through and judging by how easily my blizzaks were sliding I'd say the slowdown saved some more carnage...but I imagine the residual delay sucked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5416.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	308850

I sat in that yesterday too. Saw the trailer in the middle of the road. Figured there was a shittier accident up on vail pass.

Talk of an abandoned trailer in the median yet no reference to the abandoned boat in the interstate lane from a few springs ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Crazy that there were a lot of people with the same idea as you and trying to get into the mountains the day after New Years.
    Old's Cool.

heard reports of 2 hours from keystone to silverthorne yesterday evening

Why is there a wreck at the Loveland exit. Fucking dumb ass drivers.
    East bound crash near 40. WTF

I left Dillon to go my friend’s house near Keystone. I’ve never seen it backed up like that before. A parking lot from Dillon all the way to Swan Mtn Rd. Was that because of the Ice Castles?

This morning looks extra brutal coming up. Red and maroon line on Gmaps from basically the Lookout Mtn exit all the way through Idaho Springs. Why bother?

Was that stop light in Dillon still broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I left Dillon to go my friend’s house near Keystone. I’ve never seen it backed up like that before. A parking lot from Dillon all the way to Swan Mtn Rd. Was that because of the Ice Castles?

This morning looks extra brutal coming up. Red and maroon line on Gmaps from basically the Lookout Mtn exit all the way through Idaho Springs. Why bother?
    Because the skiing (and traffic) is Epikonic. TM

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Was that stop light in Dillon still broken?
    Get a slice, a fat italian sub, a beer or two, and just hang out at jersey boyz. That's why I go there. Oh, shit, is that going to blow up too?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Get a slice, a fat italian sub, a beer or two, and just hang out at jersey boyz. That's why I go there. Oh, shit, is that going to blow up too?
    Last I heard Jersey boys lost their liquor license.

jersey boys is a shit show

The pass was closed yesterday so that is why people are saying it was so backed up but that light has been going in and out for a couple days now so that might have had something to do with it as well. I was hunkered down at home

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Last I heard Jersey boys lost their liquor license.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    This makes me happy. It has fulfilled my expectations in a great way.

From reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/COsnow/comm...ound_and_down/

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post

The pass was closed yesterday so that is why people are saying it was so backed up but that light has been going in and out for a couple days now so that might have had something to do with it as well. I was hunkered down at home
    It was even backed up before the pass closed. Someone crashed into the mechanical box a few days ago and they can’t seem to fix it.

Heard it took people 4 hours to get from Denver to Winter Park yesterday morning.

This weekend was an extra special I-70 shitshow!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Heard it took people 4 hours to get from Denver to Winter Park yesterday morning.

This weekend was an extra special I-70 shitshow!
    Left Golden at 7, park at MJ at 930.
    Ice from top of the pass down. That was sloooooow going.

All that said shit was great. Worth the hassle.

Yeah, you guys are right, it definitely wasn't worth it Saturday.

Those are obviously photoshopped.

traffic wasn't bad today, actually. maybe everyone heard the horror stories from yesterday and stayed home.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    traffic wasn't bad today, actually. maybe everyone heard the horror stories from yesterday and stayed home.
    I don’t know, it looks pretty Epikonic right now with dark maroon speeds by the tunnel and then by the dry roads of Evergreen, thanks to an accident closing all but one lane. That’s like a punch in the balls.

Had to go to Denver yesterday about 1p. Amazed at how much traffic was coming UP the hill. There was more going up at that time than down.
    Maybe previous page already detailed. Otherwise, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I don’t know, it looks pretty Epikonic right now with dark maroon speeds by the tunnel and then by the dry roads of Evergreen, thanks to an accident closing all but one lane. That’s like a punch in the balls.
    Can confirm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk