Page 213 of 465 FirstFirst ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 11607
    Overturned semi shutdown EB I70 for 5+ hours today. Got off at Dumont and avoided the shitshow/parking lot a couple miles downstream. Just as we hit the backed up detour around the twin-tunnels, it reopened right in front of us (rope drop!). Looked like an extra 1.5-2 hours easily during the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Overturned semi shutdown EB I70 for 5+ hours today. Got off at Dumont and avoided the shitshow/parking lot a couple miles downstream. Just as we hit the backed up detour around the twin-tunnels, it reopened right in front of us (rope drop!). Looked like an extra 1.5-2 hours easily during the middle of the day on a Wednesday.
    Where was the truck? East side of Idaho Springs? Or in the Twin Tunnels?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

East of veterans tunnels (the twin tunnels you speak of).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by SkiLyft; 05-31-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Sat in it for about 45 minutes until I decided my biz lunch wasnt worth it, turned around only to sit at the tunnel for 15 minutes with red lights (no idea why) then the 1st frisco exit was closed for bridge work. Should have went for a mtb ride...

wonder what they do for emergency vehicles? Urgent births up here get sent down the hill if < 8 months or heart attacks of Texans etc..

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Sat in it for about 45 minutes until I decided my biz lunch wasnt worth it, turned around only to sit at the tunnel for 15 minutes with red lights (no idea why) then the 1st frisco exit was closed for bridge work. Should have went for a mtb ride...

wonder what they do for emergency vehicles? Urgent births up here get sent down the hill if < 8 months or heart attacks of Texans etc..
    Outer Range Brewery. FYI. Literally the best brewery in the state hands down.

really thought summer touron season started in mid june, looks like it got pushed to memorial day weekend this year
    as for the frisco exist closure, well mad props to cdot for really using their head, they could have done that two weeks ago, but decided it would be a better idea to wait till things got busy again

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I dunno about that. While I love the type of beer they make and the atmosphere of their bar & patio, I gotta go with Broken Compass for the best brewery. I have never tasted a mediocre beer of any style from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    They make good beer. But they basically have one variations on one style. Its a fuckin' hip and tasty style no doubt. But if cloudy, hoppy ales aint' your thing, its nothing. Bierstadt is making one of the nations best pilsners, maybe its the best. Or Casey. Or Hogshead. Or insert your favorite brewery that makes your favorite type of beer here.

I'm waiting for someone to unseat Epic, it's been my #1 for years.
    Big I70 rebuild through Denver starts next month, woot woot!

Fuck the Renaissance Festival....I 25 is a complete clusterfuck today

That and the Senior Open and the Holidays make going south suck. It makes me miss Saturdays on I70 at about 730am in February.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd just like to throw a little love around
    to all the fuck ups, morons, tourons, gapers, extended families, assorted dip shits who never leave home
    welcome to scummit county, thanks for coming I hope you are having a great time
    I think we are breaking many many records this fourth of july week (end)
    Understandably I do live in one of the biggest disney land shit shows for mountain vacations in the country
    its almost like we are now the gatlinburg of coloroado
    I get it, but allow me a moment to shit all over you people
    the traffic is absolutely horrendous, your heads are so far up your ass
    most people have no clue how to walk politely down the sidewalk
    don't smoke eat vape or even bother drinking and driving
    you can't drive sober so how the fuck do you think you can drive high
    Don't just step out into traffic, I know we are all cuddly to pedestrians but look both ways, wait, think, and walk
    I'm pretty sure most people are mentally unable to function outside their normal daily routines
    it's ok, I understand, barely, but take your head out of your ass for a second
    put the cell phone down
    pull over if your lost and get your bearings
    Don't stand right in the way

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    to all the fuck ups, morons, tourons, gapers, extended families, assorted dip shits who never leave home
    Understandably I do live in one of the biggest disney land shit shows for mountain vacations in the country
    Don't just step out into traffic, I know we are all cuddly to pedestrians but look both ways, wait, think, and walk
    I'm pretty sure most people are mentally unable to function outside their normal daily routines
    put the cell phone down
    I think that was a Haiku.. beautiful.

Just got back from Alaska, where the cruise people are the gapers. Interesting how it can be gauged by how many ships are in town each day. At least most of them don't have cars or stray very far from the terminal. Weird dynamic, but mostly a necessary evil for local economies.

put the cell phone down
    Touching and beautiful. *vibes*

Leadville to tunnel has taken two hours so far. Still not to tunnel. Traffic stopped. Fuck Colorado.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180716_153635.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	241609

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Was driving E from Berthoud Pass ~1pm on Saturday. It was smooth sailing for us. But completely fucked from Floyd to 470. Who the fuck is leaving for the mountains at noon on a Saturday and thinks it is a good idea?

I do have to say that this thread has made me appreciate you Colorado lot.

Never would I be able to tolerate traffic like ^^^^^ above.

I already bitch way too much about summer traffic up here in MT, when really it's nothing like I-70. Drove the tunnels once, and vowed to never do it again if possible.

ha glad to see some old fashon complaning
    thought I was the only one having an aneurysm when driving around

traffic has been pure hell this summer from memorial day on, ever day is worse than the one before

there is no traffic patterns like you get in the winter, 70 has been a cluster fuck every hour and every day
    wednesday morning, I'll head up to the mountains, who the fuck drives up to the mountains on wed morning? Well everyone

just driving around scummit has been hell
    the volume of people is off the charts, who the hell goes to the grocery store at 9am on a sunday? Every fucking family of gapers it seems
    a buddy was just telling me driving from trailerthorne to breck at 7am on a weekeday is a shit show of tourists, volume, and stupidity
    I never had any issues with toursts, they are just there and in the way, but there is so many now, I'm starting to lose it as I near yr 25 I might be cracking

ha glad to see some old fashon complaning
    thought I was the only one having an aneurysm when driving around

traffic has been pure hell this summer from memorial day on, ever day is worse than the one before

there is no traffic patterns like you get in the winter, 70 has been a cluster fuck every hour and every day
    wednesday morning, I'll head up to the mountains, who the fuck drives up to the mountains on wed morning? Well everyone

just driving around scummit has been hell
    the volume of people is off the charts, who the hell goes to the grocery store at 9am on a sunday? Every fucking family of gapers it seems
    a buddy was just telling me driving from trailerthorne to breck at 7am on a weekeday is a shit show of tourists, volume, and stupidity
    I never had any issues with toursts, they are just there and in the way, but there is so many now, I'm starting to lose it as I near yr 25 I might be cracking
    Get an E-bike

There were no less than a dozen overheated cars between silverthorne and the tunnel. I lost count of the number of overheated suburarus. Most were new in the past 5 years. Tons of seemingly new Ford SUVs as well.

Finally made it home to Golden. Should have taken 1.5 hours, but took 3 hours. Guess I should have known better than to drive I70 on a Monday afternoon.

How early on Friday do things get shitty WB coming up from Denver these days? Have an able but aged parental heading up and the smoother the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    How early on Friday do things get shitty WB coming up from Denver these days? Have an able but aged parental heading up and the smoother the better.
    Perhaps the most annoying thing about the current state of I70 is that it is so unpredictable outside of ski season (which is always a junk show). Best to leave way in advance of whenever your parent needs to be there. Plan for heavy traffic and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Perhaps the most annoying thing about the current state of I70 is that it is so unpredictable outside of ski season (which is always a junk show). Best to leave way in advance of whenever your parent needs to be there. Plan for heavy traffic and hope for the best.
    Going to leave the D about 9-10a. They initially said they would leave about 2-ish and I gave a polite hell no.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Better leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Better leave now.
    I just did and it was a great decision... go west lads.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums