Page 322 of 465 FirstFirst ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Meanwhile it’s 60° in Denver. Great day for a hike. Fuck that shit.
    ski season is over folks heard it here

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Everyone must already be in the mtns. No traffic today heading up.

Not sure what just happened, but 1:50 up to breck, skied from 8:30-3, home in 1:30

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1916.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	688.7 KB 
ID:	315940

Not quite I 70, but I’m pretty sure this guy has shut it down in the past. I really wanted to help, but the rear end was flying all over the place, kind of like a decapitated snake. We just watched from the safety of a half ton truck until the lot attendant convinced him to drive backwards. Good advise if you ever find yourself driving a muscle car on a snow packed mountain pass.

Left Abasin at 1225 and just caught Loveland pass before it closed. The reason it closed? Wasnt the roads which were pretty ok. It was the 3 minivans and MULTIPLE others without AWD and snow tires that got it closed. At least the civic in front of me had snow tires on...

There was a sherriff at the bottom. Wouldn't that be an ideal place to do a check station and turn people around?

I hope everyone who was stuck got a ticket.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    Solution?

#1 Avoid it during problematic times.
    #2 Eliminate the Epic Pass.
    Post #2 in this epic thread.

Surprisingly, no issues at all this weekend with I-70. I chose MuchosPixels' option #1.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Surprisingly, no issues at all this weekend with I-70. I chose MuchosPixels' option #1.
    All the traffic and issues were sent to I25 to go to the NHL Outdoor game at Air Force Academy.
    Castle Rock to Falcon Stadium should be 40 minutes, reports it took 3.5-4.0 hrs. Lots of people missed most of the game.
    I guess they now understand what's its like to go skiing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    All the traffic and issues were sent to I25 to go to the NHL Outdoor game at Air Force Academy.
    Castle Rock to Falcon Stadium should be 40 minutes, reports it took 3.5-4.0 hrs. Lots of people missed most of the game.
    I guess they now understand what's its like to go skiing.....
    That sounded like a laughable clusterfuck. And they want to host the Olympics?!

Good to know if there was an emergency, we can rely on our government and infrastructure to guide us to safety.

Also had no issues on I70 yesterday. Found more powder than expected then got the fuck outta there. I’m sure traffic will be awesome today.

Skied all three days of President’s Day weekend. All days were super fun, two were sleeper (ish) powder days. I drove back and forth from my home in Golden all three days. I only waited in traffic 33 minutes longer than “normal” spread out over all 6 commutes. FKNA.

Oh wait sorry, this is the bitch thread. That construction near Idaho Springs is really brining me over, man.

Edit to add the point of the post was simply echoing a couple other's slight surprise at how little I-70 sucked this weekend. I was prepared for bad traffic, congested parking, huge crowds, long lift lines, etc. I found none of that... just an enjoyable three days skiing good snow with friends. Carry on.
    Last edited by Full Trucker; 02-18-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Drove back and forth 3 times? That is fucking stupid.

Ah that was harsh. I just don't get it, unless you drive to Loveland. Even then, not worth it IMO
    Last edited by simple; 02-17-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Drove back and forth 3 times? That is fucking stupid.
    100% without question the stupidest thing a human being can do. Ever. Thanks for your insight, I’ve seen the error of my ways.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ah that was harsh. I just don't get it, unless you drive to Loveland. Even then, not worth it IMO
    You don't have to get it, nor do you need to feel that it's worth it. Because I do, and I do... and I'm the one in the truck.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

driving home @ 2am last night after a show in denver, I just have to think dang why does anyone drive to the mtns during the day? so free and clear @ 2am!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    You don't have to get it, nor do you need to feel that it's worth it. Because I do, and I do... and I'm the one in the truck.
    Srsly - an easy drive up and back 3 times for 3 good days of skiing? That should be "worth it" in anyone's book.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly - an easy drive up and back 3 times for 3 good days of skiing? That should be "worth it" in anyone's book.
    Definitely worth it. When I can get to WP, A-Basin, Loveland with little to no traffic and only have to pay for gas in my car, it’s WORTH IT! Vail priced me out of the Epic Pass with all my kids, so my only concern is the traffic jam on I70 so I can ski more at Copper!

Shoutout to Hook-em Horns at Loveland recently.
    "Speed is your friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Hookster View Post
    Definitely worth it. When I can get to WP, A-Basin, Loveland with little to no traffic and only have to pay for gas in my car, it’s WORTH IT! Vail priced me out of the Epic Pass with all my kids, so my only concern is the traffic jam on I70 so I can ski more at Copper!

Shoutout to Hook-em Horns at Loveland recently.
    Sounds very worth it to me!

Thanks to CDOT for the clusterfuck today around Idaho Springs. Backup to the other side of Floyd Hill at 7:45, because of the signs saying Right Lane Closed ahead, which never existed. How about you take the signs down when there’s no closure, you fucking morons.

Sounds very worth it to me!

Thanks to CDOT for the clusterfuck today around Idaho Springs. Backup to the other side of Floyd Hill at 7:45, because of the signs saying Right Lane Closed ahead, which never existed. How about you take the signs down when there’s no closure, you fucking morons.
    I'm sure some righteous truckers started blocking multiple lanes just to prevent everyone from merging where they were supposed to (at the merge). And then it was a ghost merge. Brutal

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    I'm sure some righteous truckers started blocking multiple lanes just to prevent everyone from merging where they were supposed to (at the merge). And then it was a ghost merge. Brutal
    Yep, for sure.

When I passed the fake merge point, I went to the right lane and passed like 30 vehicles while going 60.

Oh, and you gotta love the Georgetown hill climb when one truck going 45 suddenly weaves into the left lane and passes another going 40 and causes everyone in the left lane to slam on their brakes. Fucking enraging.

Same thing happened day after day, month after month when they did the Eastbound toll lanes a couple years ago. They kept doing it for the whole 2 years of the project even though tons of people complained about the backups it caused, so I wouldn't expect this to ever be corrected until the project is done.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Same thing happened day after day, month after month when they did the Eastbound toll lanes a couple years ago. They kept doing it for the whole 2 years of the project even though tons of people complained about the backups it caused, so I wouldn't expect this to ever be corrected until the project is done.
    Awesome. CDOT is da best.

That was insane. Wind was coating cars with snow so that even though flashers and lights were on, nobody could see other cars.... or lanes...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

wind eased up still dumping way to many people out driving that shouldn't be plenty of people in the ditch

Some interesting facts in here. Wasn’t exactly before my time but I certainly wasn’t paying too much attention to it at the time.

As the city celebrates the 25th Anniversary of Denver International Airport, the two leaders who built it recall the many challenges of the state-altering project.
    https://www.9news.com/article/travel...4-791fba9a065b

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    wind eased up still dumping way to many people out driving that shouldn't be plenty of people in the ditch
    Feel like nobody should have been hah! But there I was..