Page 402 of 413 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 10313
  1. #10026
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,837
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Friend told me it took him 3 hours from West Denver to the tunnel this morning. Fucking unreal.
    Funny thing is, I probably got more first tracks riding my bike at Left Hand this afternoon than they did on the slopes.

  2. #10027
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because it is faster to Oak Creek?
    You never stop by and say hello. I is sad.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  3. #10028
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Also non-blackout weekend as opposed to last. Livin' the dream!
    #racist
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  4. #10029
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,929

  5. #10030
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You never stop by and say hello. I is sad.
    I didn't go near your house, I drove over Gore Pass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  6. #10031
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,929

  7. #10032
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,801
    You couldn’t pay me a 1 million dollar salary to live in Denver and ski weekends. I really do laugh at peoples values when they get mad about ski traffic.

  8. #10033
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    You couldn’t pay me a 1 million dollar salary to live in Denver and ski weekends. I really do laugh at peoples values when they get mad about ski traffic.
    If you were making seven figures, you'd have a sweet place in the mountains and wouldn't be dealing with I70 peak times, just Epikonic lift lines.

    Speaking of Saturday's traffic, I was talking to a woman from Denver on Lenawee who said Waze routed them up clear creek canyon, then to Blackhawk and back down to I70 via the Central City pkway. Quite the detour.

  9. #10034
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    If you were making seven figures, you'd have a sweet place in the mountains and wouldn't be dealing with I70 peak times, just Epikonic lift lines.

    Speaking of Saturday's traffic, I was talking to a woman from Denver on Lenawee who said Waze routed them up clear creek canyon, then to Blackhawk and back down to I70 via the Central City pkway. Quite the detour.
    Yeah - a buddy of mine posted the Google maps suggested route and it involved Golden Gate Canyon to Blackhawk, then over Central City Parkway to 70.

  10. #10035
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,136
    Tourons will follow those directions. White knuckle gripped red plates and out of states going up an icy canyon road. Not sure what is worse. At least there are no 18 year old semi drivers from Alabama on those canyon roads. Just cracked out casino bus drivers.

  11. #10036
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    4,140

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    Yesterday was pretty easy , 70-90 min each way. 3/10 difficulty. Not many red plates. Phew.

    Million dollar salary and Iím getting a BC heli for weeks on end. Iíll deal with i70 in-between.

  12. #10037
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    a very peaceful monday
    why does everyone show up on a friday and saturday and think they are the only ones gonna show up?

    I'd like to apologize for honking at someone that didn't deserve it just trigger happy with the horn specially any car w out of state plates rental plates or its a shiny clean front range car

  13. #10038
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,837
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    a very peaceful monday
    why does everyone show up on a friday and saturday and think they are the only ones gonna show up?
    Because they have regular 9-5, M-F jobs and can't ski during the week?

  14. #10039
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Because they have regular 9-5, M-F jobs and can't ski during the week?
    Also having school aged children and prefer districts that are funded for 5 days a week.

  15. #10040
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    Sounds oppressive

  16. #10041
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,929
    Vibes for your poor life choices.

  17. #10042
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arrrvada, CO
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because it is faster to Oak Creek?
    Good answer, I'm an idiot who didn't consider Oak Creek as the destination. That makes sense.

    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

  18. #10043
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,939
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    a very peaceful monday
    I considered visiting Main Street, but didnít, skiing was nice and peaceful also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #10044
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    I considered visiting Main Street, but didn’t, skiing was nice and peaceful also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    main street breck will ruin any day any time of year
    except for the month in the spring and the month in the fall

  20. #10045
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,858
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    They threw the book at him.
    And the industry is lobbying for 18 year old driversÖ

    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...gets-110-years
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That sentence is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I say itís fair.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I just found out -- and don't think it was posted here -- that the sentence was commuted by the governor from 110 years to 10 years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  21. #10046
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    one of those gaper mountain towns
    Posts
    3,566
    ^saw that right after it happened. Guessing at least a few family members of the deceased were good with 110.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

  22. #10047
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    3,083
    More publicized info came out that shows the driver was beyond reckless and should have gotten way more than the governor's commuted sentence....

    He failed multiple parts of the driving exam numerous times, lied on employment applications with trucking companies and had previously been fired by a trucking company.
    Before the crash, he disabled safety monitors and manipulated driving logs, hiding how long or fast he drove, stopped and rested.
    He had been speeding and driving dangerously for hours before the crash.
    His brakes had gone out long before the crash, causing him to pull over on the highway because of it. He disobeyed a supervisor who told him to wait for the required cooling and assessment of the brakes and went back to driving a few minutes later.
    He failed to use the runaway truck ramp, honk his horn or flash his lights to warn drivers.
    Just before the crash, he swerved into traffic to avoid another big rig pulled over on the side of the highway, testifying that he was afraid the impact would kill him

  23. #10048
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,939
    ^ didnít know about the above scenario, that guy deserves more than 10 years. If he recklessly killed that many people, with a gun, heíd get life no questions asked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #10049
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    3,083
    Might only be 5 years with parole.

    Power of the ignorant mob in action to motivate our gutless governor


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #10050
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    More publicized info came out that shows the driver was beyond reckless and should have gotten way more than the governor's commuted sentence....

    He failed multiple parts of the driving exam numerous times, lied on employment applications with trucking companies and had previously been fired by a trucking company.
    Before the crash, he disabled safety monitors and manipulated driving logs, hiding how long or fast he drove, stopped and rested.
    He had been speeding and driving dangerously for hours before the crash.
    His brakes had gone out long before the crash, causing him to pull over on the highway because of it. He disobeyed a supervisor who told him to wait for the required cooling and assessment of the brakes and went back to driving a few minutes later.
    He failed to use the runaway truck ramp, honk his horn or flash his lights to warn drivers.
    Just before the crash, he swerved into traffic to avoid another big rig pulled over on the side of the highway, testifying that he was afraid the impact would kill him
    Whoa. Thatís terrible. 10 is just not enough. I thought 110 was too much and being eligible for parole after 20-25 was what I expected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •