Page 389 of 392 FirstFirst ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 9798
    Severe shortage of truck drivers right now. And truck driving pays relatively well. So they are likely hiring inexperienced people to drive I-70

Likely?!?!

More like definitely. We constanty see dudes with shorts and t-shirts on putting chains on in the winter here. Louisiana and Alabama seem to be popular places to hire new drivers. They have no idea how to deal with snow and 8% grades

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

I drove cross country the other week along I70 and the second you get onto the Colorado section of road it turns to garbage asphalt with cracks and settling. Maybe we should annex eastern Colorado to Kansas so they can maintain the road better?
    Heh, I drove through there last week and I was like "oh, this is why people hate I70." Almost as bad as Illinois' roads.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Heh, I drove through there last week and I was like "oh, this is why people hate I70." Almost as bad as Illinois' roads.
    Except there’s no toll.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Construction zone where it was down to one lane, maybe he didn't have access to the safety ramp when he needed it. Not sure, bummer for all involved. As much as I've driven that road over the years, it isn't

There definitely needs to be something done about inexperienced "Professional" drivers on I70. Maybe a mountain driving endorsement required for the driver and the truck. Drove back and forth to Denver a bunch last month and it really seems like a lot of truckers have no fucking clue about what is going on around them. Just white knuckling it to their destination and hoping for the best.
    Something definitely needs to be done, especially when CDOT workers are getting killed or seriously injured. Fuck these trucking companies sending inexperienced drivers into the wilds of I70.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am planning to go to steamboat tomorrow afternoon. Am I going to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

I have some good news for you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4078828-7F67-4ED9-A702-F1E52DE81813.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	388988

Name:	B94848BE-93E5-4851-9EC9-3DFD8CED7148.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	414.7 KB 
ID:	388989

I foresee a closed tunnel due to spun out cars and semis. May need to go the other way.

Odin: pro prediction: you will be just fine.

Reminds me of this past year when Danno was wondering if he could trailer to UT. I live in the middle of the mess and knew he would be just fine.

He was, you will. Put all doubt outside of your head and put the hammer down.

Relax, it's all good.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

You're gonna die.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

It's the off season you'll be fine

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Whew! Made it. Didn’t die either.

This morning. Damn.

"..At about 9:30 a.m., a driver crashed into the back of a semitrailer while heading eastbound on I-70, just west of the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnels. Lipsher said the driver’s car was “completely wedged” under the semitrailer. He was pronounced dead on scene, and emergency crews are still working to extricate his body...

...Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Colin Remillard said the semitrailer was traveling in the far right lane at between 20 and 30 mph when the car crashed into it from behind..."

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/cri...loveland-pass/

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/sou...d-semitrailer/

No brakes semi gets off at Silverthorne exactly like they are are NOT supposed to. CO9 closed both directions cuz he flipped. Lucky he didn't kill anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Did he not use it because there was still a truck on the ramp? Because this happened only a couple days ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVA8pixg..._web_copy_link

At that point (Silverthorne) he was suppose to stay on the highway, which goes uphill 300+ft to Frisco without any sharp turns. Instead he descended the exit ramp to an intersection (and destruction)!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Daily truck accidents are getting outta hand. I saw one flipped on Wednesday on Vail pass. Saw the one on the truck ramp, and the one that belly flopped in Dillverthorne. I wonder if the one that got off at 205 had to because the other truck ramp was already occupado.

Honestly though, how bad does it have to get before they take serious action?

ETA: Where's my damned monorail!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

No brakes semi gets off at Silverthorne exactly like they are are NOT supposed to. CO9 closed both directions cuz he flipped. Lucky he didn't kill anyone.
    What a fucking idiot. Glad no one was hurt. Fine the company bigly.

This is some fucked up shit.

The delay was due to the fact that the trailer, which was full of beer, had to be unloaded before the trailer could be flipped over, Minor said. He said Silverthorne public works crews, Summit Fire & EMS and other volunteers had to unload the beer by hand into front-end loaders. The beer was then unloaded into a dumpster.
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/cri...town-snowfall/

What? No boats? I want boats.

A nice little roll over in front of me on my drive home last night. Granted, it was really slick.

Name:	IMG_20211014_214851077.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	389177
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

At that point (Silverthorne) he was suppose to stay on the highway, which goes uphill 300+ft to Frisco without any sharp turns. Instead he descended the exit ramp to an intersection (and destruction)!
    There is even a sign saying so. My coworkers had to help clean this up and said the guy was two weeks into trucking. Shocking I know. I did get two 18 packs of coors that fell off the truck out of it so that’s cool.

Manslaughter conviction for that dipshit that ran his semi into a traffic jam and killed four, injured many.

Says vehicular homicide in the article I read, which I believe is a more serious offense, plus a bunch of related charges. Burning at the stake seems like fair punishment.

Last edited by bendtheski; 10-16-2021 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

What's everyone's take on the new Cotrip.org site? Methinks it is a hudge pile of crap so far, but maybe I just need to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    What's everyone's take on the new Cotrip.org site? Methinks it is a hudge pile of crap so far, but maybe I just need to figure it out.
    Getting used to it, but it's not that bad. Glad to have the app back instead of having to use safari on the phone.