Page 192 of 213 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5320

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    If it wasn't for the damned semis, I know this shithole highway would move faster.

Attachment 221278
    Jan 13th, @830am
    All those people are obviously heading up, looking for powder. 8:30am...they missed it. Why even bother sitting through that horseshit when thereís so much else to do than arrive at the mountain 2 hours later, take an hour to actually get on a lift then ski chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then do it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great your day was.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    All those people are obviously heading up, looking for powder. 8:30am...they missed it. Why even bother sitting through that horseshit when there’s so much else to do than arrive at the mountain 2 hours later, take an hour to actually get on a lift then ski chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then do it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great your day was.
    I don't get it either but I don't want to see the day when all those folks finally figure it out and leave sooner.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

All those people are obviously heading up, looking for powder. 8:30am...they missed it. Why even bother sitting through that horseshit when thereís so much else to do than arrive at the mountain 2 hours later, take an hour to actually get on a lift then ski chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then do it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great your day was.
    why you so angry bro

smoke some and go skiing wtf?

going to assume that post was made while sitting in traffic is why

This thread

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    why you so angry bro

Why you so angry? His line about soul 7s in chop is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    why you so angry bro

Not angry, just think itís funny. I donít ski weekends thankfully.

Not angry, just think it’s funny. I don’t ski weekends thankfully.
    I don't do Saturdays. I will do Sunday if conditions are good and/or have friends up. Besides, I can generally find a few missed spots. Not as plentiful but reasonable trade-off. Glad they have fun though.

6pm departure was perfect. No traffic to speak of, just a little busier than normal. Was snowing pretty good on Vail Pass. Now that I travel the western slope, I forget about the line of cars camped in left lane. They should be forced to listen to me complain about temperatures and lack of snow.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

All those people are obviously heading up, looking for powder. 8:30am...they missed it. Why even bother sitting through that horseshit when there’s so much else to do than arrive at the mountain 2 hours later, take an hour to actually get on a lift then ski chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then do it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great your day was.
    Yo man, it's entirely possible that some of those PATHETIC LOSERS just wanna ski some mostly soft snow, and don't live and die based on whether or not they get first tracks, unlike the rest of us that have turned skiing off of the I70 corridor into a science. Lots of people like doing this shit 5x/year, lots of them probably have fun even when they blow it on the I70 optimization test.

Is sharing a shitty Instasotry w/your pals/fam any better or worse than posting anonymously 5,000x on an internet message board for bored dentists? Different strokes and all that.

I'm not trying to be the savior for #COgumby, but I can't stand the #radbro "core-er than you" attitude. /rant

^^ Zing! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I arrived at the mountain 2 hours later, took an hour to actually get on a lift then skied chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then did it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great my day was.
    Winning!

Yo man, it's entirely possible that some of those PATHETIC LOSERS just wanna ski some mostly soft snow, and don't live and die based on whether or not they get first tracks, unlike the rest of us that have turned skiing off of the I70 corridor into a science. Lots of people like doing this shit 5x/year, lots of them probably have fun even when they blow it on the I70 optimization test.

Is sharing a shitty Instasotry w/your pals/fam any better or worse than posting anonymously 5,000x on an internet message board for bored dentists? Different strokes and all that.

I'm not trying to be the savior for #COgumby, but I can't stand the #radbro "core-er than you" attitude. /rant
    The problem is that the #COgumby is prolific and becoming ever more common. Personally I don't mind, I think the region is doing well because of an influx of new people. Its just when I can't avoid the #COgumby that it starts to bother me a bit.

It feels more than just Colorado though, from what I can tell Instagram has ruined society. Been to Moab recently? All of the parks there just have swarms of people there doing it for the 'gram.

While I don't think either #COgumby or #radbro is healthy, at least one of those requires some thought and effort put into it. While plenty of people fair just fine, it seems that there are plenty who vacation and move here that do not have a respect for the mountains.

Really though its the crazy
    narcissistics posting unhinged selfies or slow-mo videos of them failing a one foot air on instagram that get me. Fucking go to Pennsylvania, with their photography skills it would look the same dammit.

This is the catch all bitch about Colorado thread right? I'd love to have someone define the #radbro because I think is covers a lot of stereotypes. I've gotten to the point where I can accept and manage the crowds, what I can come to terms with in the johny come lately mountain cool guy.

The real skiers? They are the one with the good attitude, stoke to be out. It's usually the dude who grew up in Arvada son of plumber and the family from Kearney with the 'Skers jackets on. The buzzkills are the consultants from Highlands Ranch with a condo in the mountains who do nothing but complain and take themselves way to seriously.

The 14 year old double ejecting under the lift and claiming it is everything that's right with skiing.

The 40 year old skiing the backcountry rig with out a scratch on it switching out his goggle lenses on the lift blaming his piss poor skiing on everything other than the fact that he is a piss poor skier is everything wrong with skiing.

yup, real skiers are the ones not posting typologies of who's awesome and who's not regularly on ski websites.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Someone canít take a joke or enjoy some humor
    AZ Greg...want to take this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    This is the catch all bitch about Colorado thread right? I'd love to have someone define the #radbro because I think is covers a lot of stereotypes. I've gotten to the point where I can accept and manage the crowds, what I can come to terms with in the johny come lately mountain cool guy.

The real skiers? They are the one with the good attitude, stoke to be out. It's usually the dude who grew up in Arvada son of plumber and the family from Kearney with the 'Skers jackets on. The buzzkills are the consultants from Highlands Ranch with a condo in the mountains who do nothing but complain and take themselves way to seriously.

The 14 year old double ejecting under the lift and claiming it is everything that's right with skiing.

The 40 year old skiing the backcountry rig with out a scratch on it switching out his goggle lenses on the lift blaming his piss poor skiing on everything other than the fact that he is a piss poor skier is everything wrong with skiing.

Reminds me of CB and Gunni. CB locals are mostly all nice a cheerful during the week, then the Gunni 9-5ers come on the weekend and are mostly assholes.

well things got real serious around here all of the sudden

Jeezus....... things took a turn.

Rob Katz skis on Rossi Soul 7's in chopped up powdah.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I have no idea what you wankers are goin on about but I know this:

In, Grand County, our Winter Emergency Management Plan identifies a food storage as a major issue. If Berthoud and I70/9 are closed, the grocery stores and restaurants will run out of food in 48hours. We have 2 moderately sizes stores to serve +/- 20K people during peak times.
    Good point. City market trucks make runs at odd hours from what I have seen. Not always though.

yellow Rossi Soul 7s

Damn, how'd you know what skis I have?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I was an I-70 day skier yesterday for the first time in forever. A teeny bit of traffic on the way up. On the way home, a little traffic near the Empire exit, then there was some super major accident near Genessee but google maps detoured me around it, so I lost maybe 5 minutes total.

I don't know why you all complain so much.

Now, the crowds at Wanker Park? Yeah, that's worth complaining about!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Got a wtf for you all. Coming back from copper yesterday west on 70 prior to the Johnson tunnel. The lanes went from 3 lanes to 2 as normal merge area. Then they open up to 4 lanes at the metering lights just to have 2 cars released at once but alternating the lanes. Why spread out 2 lanes into 4 lanes for metering just to go back to 2 in the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was an I-70 day skier yesterday for the first time in forever. A teeny bit of traffic on the way up. On the way home, a little traffic near the Empire exit, then there was some super major accident near Genessee but google maps detoured me around it, so I lost maybe 5 minutes total.

I don't know why you all complain so much.

Cool story bro.

I skied for a couple hours a MJ yesterday. Left at noon. Got fucked with the major accident and with the delay my normal 1hr 10min drive became 2hr. That's why we bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Holiday crowds were nil today. Snowed most of the day.
    Thursday looks good for grilling.