Page 231 of 465 FirstFirst ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 11607
    Bet they were 20 minutes late to the meeting point. Then they stopped at starbucks, then santiagos, then mcd's, then the gas station, then breeze ski rental.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I heard someone say it took 4 hours this morning from Denver to Copper. That’s beyond ridiculous. Why do people do that to themselves? Just find something else to do.
    These are the same people picking up their rentals at 9am on a weekend in the front range. Just in time to get on the hill by 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eldora wasn't much better. Left my home in Boulder at 7:20, got there around 9:00.
    Yeah holy crap that's what I was hearing from people there. Bartender told me she left early to get in some laps but then wound up being there just in time for work. False reports of 9" fresh did not help matters. Met a guy from Parker who opted for Eldora over Copper first time this season. 1:40 for anyone leaving boulder after 7 seemed to be the story. Someone started an Eldora carpool thread; in which it was mentioned on Friday that yesterday was going to be a shit show .

I went though boulder at about 6:40 I'd say and no real traffic and managed to snag first chair, though I was by no means first row even in the SOV lot, I was lot down by the inflatable dome thing. How long until you have to leave at 4:00? Oh well. I left at half past one and they were still stopping cars at the HS. Must have been 50 cars waiting. Yikes.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Yeah holy crap that's what I was hearing from people there. Bartender told me she left early to get in some laps but then wound up being there just in time for work. False reports of 9" fresh did not help matters. Met a guy from Parker who opted for Eldora over Copper first time this season. 1:40 for anyone leaving boulder after 7 seemed to be the story. Someone started an Eldora carpool thread; in which it was mentioned on Friday that yesterday was going to be a shit show .

I went though boulder at about 6:40 I'd say and no real traffic and managed to snag first chair, though I was by no means first row even in the SOV lot, I was lot down by the inflatable dome thing. How long until you have to leave at 4:00? Oh well. I left at half past one and they were still stopping cars at the HS. Must have been 50 cars waiting. Yikes.
    100 minutes to go 17 miles. Sweet.

When you say going through Boulder at 6:40, when would you say you entered the canyon?

I need to figure out timing to get my kid to race team. Canyon at 7:30 worked fine until yesterday. I think yesterday was a bit of a perfect storm and it probably won't be quite as bad on Saturdays going forward (except powder days).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When you say going through Boulder at 6:40, when would you say you entered the canyon?

I need to figure out timing to get my kid to race team. Canyon at 7:30 worked fine until yesterday. I think yesterday was a bit of a perfect storm and it probably won't be quite as bad on Saturdays going forward (except powder days).
    I was around Canyon and 28th at that time, so maybe 5-7 minutes later I was at the entrance of the canyon. Saturday was a unique case, that's for sure. It was basically a bull's eye on Joel's forecast. I'm guessing there were many iconic people there for the first time of this season. Based on last season, I still like to be at the canyon sooner than 7:30 personally, but several times I've done just that when there was no new snow and its been fine.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Holiday weekend coming with powder in the forecast = massive clusterfuck everywhere.

I was around Canyon and 28th at that time, so maybe 5-7 minutes later I was at the entrance of the canyon. Saturday was a unique case, that's for sure. It was basically a bull's eye on Joel's forecast. I'm guessing there were many iconic people there for the first time of this season. Based on last season, I still like to be at the canyon sooner than 7:30 personally, but several times I've done just that when there was no new snow and its been fine.
    It's different when there is new snow. Everyone thinks they'll go up for a few runs first thing and get back by lunch...

Stays bad till mid march.

More powder coming next Sat AM. Holiday weekend. I’m sure that’ll be fun.

Abasin had folks parking on the road today instead of the lower pullout lots. Weird, some cars were even blocking one lane and there were cones behind one car where the lane was blocked. It was on both sides of the road too. Ended up slowing down traffic a decent amount, especially the hazmat semis. Don't know why they were doing it that way but seemed like a safety hazard.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Abasin had folks parking on the road today instead of the lower pullout lots. Weird, some cars were even blocking one lane and there were cones behind one car where the lane was blocked. It was on both sides of the road too. Ended up slowing down traffic a decent amount, especially the hazmat semis. Don't know why they were doing it that way but seemed like a safety hazard.
    They’re asking for a big accident. Almost saw someone get creamed backing out of those 8 spots onto the highway, right at the big curve and shuttle/bus entry.

Please tell me the rumors come true that the Basin leaves the Epic Pass.

Yeah I posted bitching about two weeks ago like 10 posts up. Then last saturday was even worse. Left Denver at 6:00 sharp and got to WP at 9:15. Normally its a 1 hour 7 minute drive without traffic. It's not always this bad. Usually if you had left by 6 you were good. Im making a new rule where if its less than 7 inches of fresh I wont leave before 9.

I saw the perfect I-70 accident on Sunday. A Mercedes GLE rear ended a FJ Cruiser, just where the Floyd Hill slowdown began.

#douchebagbumpercars.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    I saw the perfect I-70 accident on Sunday. A Mercedes GLE rear ended a FJ Cruiser, just where the Floyd Hill slowdown began.

#douchebagbumpercars.
    Saturday it looked like a semi went off the top of floyd hill and another car went off the side of berthoud pass. Both looked like faaaaar drops.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Holiday weekend coming with powder in the forecast = massive clusterfuck everywhere.
    holiday weekends don't matter anymore
    it seems to be every weekend now thursday mid day thru sat pm
    breck was super epic cluster fuck status all weekend
    a guy I know drives from silverthorne to breck every day he's got an impressive collection of photos and video of the carniage he sees everyday on his commute

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Yeah, ULLR fest + Big beers Belgians and Barleywines fest made for a pretty crazy weekend over there. Saw a big crash Friday night that shut down the hwy on the way out of town for a while and looked like a nice shitshow.

Holiday weekends make Friday nights worse, but coming home on Sunday (or Monday) is better than a normal Sunday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

holiday weekends don't matter anymore
    it seems to be every weekend now thursday mid day thru sat pm
    a guy I know drives from silverthorne to breck every day he's got an impressive collection of photos and video of the carniage he sees everyday on his commute
    Pretty much. I feel like it has been that way for years. The typical front ranger, day tripper, second home owner type "doesn't ski over the holidays" and "won't go up on MLK". So the reverse psy opps is in effect. Sure town, the base areas and the tubing hills are packed during the "busy times" but the skiing is totally manageable.

But the next weekend after the holidays or any weekend with fresh snow and and the front range mafia is out in full force. I try not to be too stereotypical but it is hard when the confirmation is right in your face. I've been spending quite a few Sunday afternoons on the Park Side as I have a bunch of super good friends who's kids are skiing now.

I witnessed how self absorb parents are in Sorensen Park when picking up there kids. Ski school actually has to fence them out. When they release the hounds it is like Pamplona. Adults were almost trampling 4 year olds in order to get to there special snowfake. It was sickening really.

I then got to witness the scene at skier drop off. There were litterally 20 families that were clones of each other. Tundra or Foreunner, Stio or Patty, black lab or doodle...all perfectly accessorized with the stickers rocket box, approved hoody from the brewery of your choice, an obscure flat brim announcing another one of your passions and of course...the bitch MILF who forgot how to be genuinely nice years ago.

I honestly have a lot of compassion for you real people (my friends) who have to exist in that scene down in brown town and try to enjoy skiing. I don't think I could do it.

Town is blown out every weekend from Xmas thru March, but the mountain skied just fine yesterday. Heard Saturday was a bonafide shitshow tho.

It's not the tourists that are making it unbearable......it's the massive influx of Frangers.
    Old's Cool.

Haha.....spot on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I then got to witness the scene at skier drop off. There were litterally 20 families that were clones of each other. Tundra or Foreunner, Stio or Patty, black lab or doodle...all perfectly accessorized with the stickers rocket box, approved hoody from the brewery of your choice, an obscure flat brim announcing another one of your passions and of course...the bitch MILF who forgot how to be genuinely nice years ago.
    Old's Cool.

It's funny because it is all so superficial and doesn't really matter. Aside from the Toyota (I drive a Ford) and the stickers (I don't but them on vehicles), it could be me. Sure, my get up is a little more dirty and my Dickies are tucked in my Muck's but it's all about the same.

What makes me laugh is the whole transition from the khakis and button down to getting all mountain-y. I'm super out of touch, but what do these folks look like at Bridger's LAX game down in Highlands Ranch? Are they all mountiain-y all the time or do they flip a switch?

Ok I was baffled by this. Got a loooong backup on Clear Creek getting onto I70. But still traffic was moving ok on 70 and made it to Jane parking reasonably timely - was there by 9:45. A bit later than I was hoping but not terrible. Coming back the backup started WELL above Empire, about as far back as I've seen it, but then once on 70 moved pretty well and back home in about 2 hours total. Maybe 2:10. Again, not bad.

But both of those backups were kind of unusual, which led me to believe there was a lot of traffic. Usually it's 70 that is awful, but not so much through Empire and not sure much on Clear Creek. But there was NOONE at Jane. No lift lines at Eagle Wind. No lift lines really at Pano. Sunnyside wasn't bad. Stopped in a Jane base for some sammies and fries, and easily found a table. No lines at Super Gauge or Pony.

So where the hell was everyone? On the Park side? Jane was EMPTY but there was still weird traffic that I'm not used to. I admit I didn't ski Jane much last year, but was there a lot the year before. Has it really changed that much in a season? Or is Ikon driving more skiers to the Park side and Jane is left alone?

Riddle me this one.

You guys sure have built up a pretty quality "us vs. them" world-view. Congratulations.

Nice high horse Foggy!

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ok I was baffled by this. Got a loooong backup on Clear Creek getting onto I70. But still traffic was moving ok on 70 and made it to Jane parking reasonably timely - was there by 9:45. A bit later than I was hoping but not terrible. Coming back the backup started WELL above Empire, about as far back as I've seen it, but then once on 70 moved pretty well and back home in about 2 hours total. Maybe 2:10. Again, not bad.

But both of those backups were kind of unusual, which led me to believe there was a lot of traffic. Usually it's 70 that is awful, but not so much through Empire and not sure much on Clear Creek. But there was NOONE at Jane. No lift lines at Eagle Wind. No lift lines really at Pano. Sunnyside wasn't bad. Stopped in a Jane base for some sammies and fries, and easily found a table. No lines at Super Gauge or Pony.

So where the hell was everyone? On the Park side? Jane was EMPTY but there was still weird traffic that I'm not used to. I admit I didn't ski Jane much last year, but was there a lot the year before. Has it really changed that much in a season? Or is Ikon driving more skiers to the Park side and Jane is left alone?

Riddle me this one.
    No one skis at WP or the Jane anymore. Its too busy.

Everyone just skis a 600' lap at Berthoud and calls it good.