Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205
Results 5,101 to 5,122 of 5122
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    You will be fine. Leaving copper at 2 PM means you will definitely hit traffic though
    Was going to say the same. 2 pm departure will definitely get you there in time, but it may or may not be smooth sailing. 1 pm will get you bank with lots of time to enjoy a nice meal in Denver.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Forgot to mention - plane ticket is cancelable/ refundable, but can't change it to any later or Monday without that costing a bunch.

You will be fine. Leaving copper at 2 PM means you will definitely hit traffic though
    Thanks. Traffic like stop-and-go the entire way back to Denver, or only until clearing the tunnel?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Forgot to mention - plane ticket is cancelable/ refundable, but can't change it to any later or Monday without that costing a bunch.

Thanks. Traffic like stop-and-go the entire way back to Denver, or only until clearing the tunnel?
    Likely stop and go until Idaho Springs then smooth sailing.

Unpredictable, but not all the way to Denver. Likely just some "slow and go" congestion to Idaho Springs, then smooth from there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Also not sure what your schedule is like but you could consider skiing ABasin on Sunday.... closer to denver and the drive over Loveland pass is often less traffic than through the tunnel
    We're planning on Copper because of the 2-for-1 voucher from the gas station deal. Will look at A-basin too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Was going to say the same. 2 pm departure will definitely get you there in time, but it may or may not be smooth sailing. 1 pm will get you bank with lots of time to enjoy a nice meal in Denver.
    1 PM departure is fine too. It'll be the last day of around 6 or 7 ski days in an 8 day window, so an early end to the last day isn't a bad thing.

Thanks everyone!
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Back to the bitching: saw an asshole driving 55 in the left lane up I70 near Lookout Mtn get honked at by a truck. The guy (in an Accord) proceeds to brake check a fucking semi

We're planning on Copper because of the 2-for-1 voucher from the gas station deal. Will look at A-basin too though.!
    How much fuel you plan on purchasing, hoss? Driving the Abrams down? I got some CM 1/2 off vouchers hanging out fi you want them. WPMJ too, which I recommend for reasons unknown even to me cuz i literally never ski copper for no good reason. Last I checked 1/2 off was about the same as BOGO, cept even the first one aint full price. PM me if interested.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Back to the bitching: saw an asshole driving 55 in the left lane up I70 near Lookout Mtn get honked at by a truck. The guy (in an Accord) proceeds to brake check a fucking semi

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    How much fuel you plan on purchasing, hoss? Driving the Abrams down? I got some CM 1/2 off vouchers hanging out fi you want them. WPMJ too, which I recommend for reasons unknown even to me cuz i literally never ski copper for no good reason. Last I checked 1/2 off was about the same as BOGO, cept even the first one aint full price. PM me if interested.
    Thanks! I'll send a PM.

Thanks! I'll send a PM.
    Chup, I've got discount vouchers to Copper & WP also if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last few weekends traffic over LL Pass has seemed to be thick and slow from 2:30 to 5 pm. We've been waiting in the lot or Rathskeller with beers waiting for it to die out. By 6 it was moving along and thinned out. Surprisingly decent traffic last Sunday though we did frontage road from Bakerville to SPlume where it slowed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Looks like dumbass was going to go for the emergency vehicle turn around. Nothing like ignoring the truck you just passed and the rear view mirror. Darwin smiles knowing his theory is going strong.

They are lucky they didn't get split in half by that guard rail.

You could at least signal, right?
    "Dumping on Breck right now. Could be big if it doesn't stop." - fastfred
    "It has snowed, therefore Vail Pass is closed." - Kevo
    "This storm was a bust for most areas and the next two weeks doesnít look good." - WTF is dat
    "Gratz is saying pattern change Dec 20. Today's the 6th so.... two weeks." - Bean
    "Almost no snow so far, the Sunday/Monday storm looks like a dud, and a giant ridge is expected over the entire western half of the country for the next couple weeks. If the current forecast holds, we're looking at the lowest snowpack in at least the last 30 years according to today's Wasatch Weather Weenies post." - frosted flakes

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Chup, I've got discount vouchers to Copper & WP also if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks - Jong Lafitte hooked me up, so I'm good. Just gonna hope for snow now...

Whoa, did anyone see this yesterday at Floyd Hill?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4456.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	394.8 KB 
ID:	225315

Whoa, did anyone see this yesterday at Floyd Hill?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4456.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	394.8 KB 
ID:	225315
    You stop and pick up a few beers?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

The runaway truck ramp work better when they are uphill. It actually is almost a wonder they don't have one for that section, though I don't know where it would go. I think for 300M they could put one right there. Isn't there a quarry or something just to the east? Maybe they could spare a few rocks.

Yep.

Also heard some asshole crashed into the CDOT and CSP investigation team of cars while there was a one land closure. Thatís just brilliant.

Yep.

Also heard some asshole crashed into the CDOT and CSP investigation team of cars while there was a one land closure. That’s just brilliant.
    And everyone wants to know why the highway is closed every time there is an accident. Rescue people don't feel like getting creamed while trying to help others

6 fucking stop and go to Golden holy fucking shit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Hurry up everyone! Gonna track out this 3" before you get here!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    And everyone wants to know why the highway is closed every time there is an accident. Rescue people don't feel like getting creamed while trying to help others
    Wow. Come on people.