Page 297 of 465 FirstFirst ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 11608

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I know nothing about keeping a highway open at 11,000’ during a big storm, but I got to thinking yesterday while waiting out the closure: wouldn’t it make sense for CDOT to track the storm and specific cells and proactively close segments of the road (IE the tunnel approach) when snowfall of 3”/hour is headed that way? Or close the roads on the half hour or hour during big events, to run a line of plows up and down to try and keep up, instead of what’s done now: let the shit hit the fan with hundreds of stranded vehicles, many sitting stuck on an incline, while the storm rages on, while tow trucks or emergency vehicle somehow make their way up to help. I mean, I heard people were stuck for 3 hours between S-Thorne and the tunnel with kids! WTF.
    But what the fuck do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I know nothing about keeping a highway open at 11,000’ during a big storm, but I got to thinking yesterday while waiting out the closure: wouldn’t it make sense for CDOT to track the storm and specific cells and proactively close segments of the road (IE the tunnel approach) when snowfall of 3”/hour is headed that way? Or close the roads on the half hour or hour during big events, to run a line of plows up and down to try and keep up, instead of what’s done now: let the shit hit the fan with hundreds of stranded vehicles, many sitting stuck on an incline, while the storm rages on, while tow trucks or emergency vehicle somehow make their way up to help. I mean, I heard people were stuck for 3 hours between S-Thorne and the tunnel with kids! WTF.
    Apparently you don't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Apparently you don't know shit.
    Apparently. Makes a lot more sense to have hundreds of vehicles get stranded at 11,000’ in the middle of the Rockies while it dumps and plows can’t get through.

We all know this but the traction law is a joke without enforcement.

They did avi work on VP on Saturday and apparently lost a charge that didn't go off. Could be wrong, but think they had to track it down in a shitty location. That would be a shitty task.
    Delayed re-opening for a bit.

Another thought would be to just stay off the fuggin' highway that reaches an elevation of 11,100'...... Ya know, Winter Storm Warning issued, 2'-3' snow forecasted, "very difficult to impossible travel conditions" detailed. Nah.....that would make way too much sense! I got some new Soul 7s and an Ikon pass to use!
    Old's Cool.

Yeah the beater skiers with improper tires are an issue, but I70 thru-travelers & truckers unaccustomed to snow probably just don't know what they are in for.
    I mean, don't they have plows that clear all the snow off? I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Another thought would be to just stay off the fuggin' highway that reaches an elevation of 11,100'...... Ya know, Winter Storm Warning issued, 2'-3' snow forecasted, "very difficult to impossible travel conditions" detailed. Nah.....that would make way too much sense! I got some new Soul 7s and an Ikon pass to use!
    I have pow to slay and footy to prove it. Impossible travel conditions be damned. My $150,000 Range Rover will blow right through it .

Just saw this: Small avi in Officers Gulch...didn't make it to the road.
    https://twitter.com/CReppWx/status/1206425785768103938

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Ermehgersh
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

When trying to do the right thing goes wrong
    https://theknow.denverpost.com/2019/...oblems/230529/

They need to let the buses use the Express lanes and the breakdown lanes, where it’s feasible.

What a clusterfuck. Even though LL Pass was clearly closed, the driver tried to go anyways? The rest of their adventure is par for the course... especially if they plan on leaving downtown at 7:30 on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    What a clusterfuck. Even though LL Pass was clearly closed, the driver tried to go anyways? The rest of their adventure is par for the course... especially if they plan on leaving downtown at 7:30 on a Saturday.
    Sounds like driver wasn't hip to the trip, as it were. And yeah leaving both directions during peak times won't help much, other than not having to pilot the suck yourself. I hope every single person on that bus at least had a blast during the couple hours they skied.

To think that we’re people on that bus who paid the $25 bus fare, then $60 for ski rentals and then $100 for a lift ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Do you really think they were that many full boat ticket payers on that bus? You may be right, I don’t know. But it does seem like they were at least partially compensated for the hassles they endured...

Ace Express gave riders full refunds of their round-trip fare ($25), along with gift cards worth $25 at A-Basin. In addition, CDOT said it will issue riders $15 vouchers for future trips.”

How do you not see the bright illuminated signage saying Loveland Pass Closed or have the knowledge as a driver that when there’s 24” of new snow, the pass will be closed. Fucking amazing.

Driver doesn't speak or read english.

or have the knowledge as a driver that when there’s 4” of new snow, the pass will be closed.
    FIFY.

snow + Gratz = leave yesterday.

Quote me bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    To think that we’re people on that bus who paid the $25 bus fare, then $60 for ski rentals and then $100 for a lift ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Except that they got their bus fare comp'd and a $25 voucher to Abasin. And lots of them have their own gear.

Source: coworker was on that bus.

Whens the last time any of u gapers rode a bus?

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Whens the last time any of u gapers rode a bus?
    this morning?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    this morning?
    not everybody grew up like you bet your parents gave you a few tokens and told ya to scram

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Drive up this morning was fine. Going up Christmas week is easy because everyone comes up 70 on different days. It'll be a different story when everyone tries to come back next Sunday night