Page 329 of 465 FirstFirst ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 11607
    sure felt like fullblown I70 traffic yesterday afternoon rolling back from Frisco around 1 pm.

Not I-70, but we went for a late-ish Father's Day hike up 285 (1pm departure from town) and the shitshow was in full effect. Backups EB ALL the way from the light at Crow Hill to Shawnee.

There was still a bit of traffic when we came back around 7:30pm at Crow Hill and then Pine Junction...

yeah summer bitches!

every tool went out and bought a van tow trailer or an rv so much for that downturn and picking up a van on the cheap
    been going to denver alot and spreading the flue around seeing as how a bunch of people I know have it I must have it
    todays return trip was very trying from silverploom to the tunnel
    every cock sucker pulling a boat or a travel trailer was passing semis doing about 5 mph faster than the semi

what happened bring back the lock down

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    sure felt like fullblown I70 traffic yesterday afternoon rolling back from Frisco around 1 pm.
    I waited to head back at 5 and it was smooth sailing back down. Seems like everyone leaves earlier Sunday afternoon these days thinking they’ll beat 4pm traffic, only to find everyone else is doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    meh.... not a good looking hat but sold for a good cause.

how was lunch bamboo? what they bring you?

if it keeps a few more employed and few more fed and keeping doors open then all good for summit. I suspect many of these hats will end up in the top shelf of the back closet of every rental.
    They just asked what I wanted and went and got it for me haha. Nothing wrong with a free gyro from Redz

In other news it definitely seems as though people have gone back to work this week. CB two weeks ago was just nuts (as in finding a close in camp spot was tough on a monday night) and this week we only saw lots of people in town at dinner time. Even breck has a few less people wandering the walkable main street this week versus last.

The walkable main street is great btw, obviously where I work is pretty much all winter business but I've been pretty busy all month. It's our biggest June by 150%

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    The walkable main street is great btw, obviously where I work is pretty much all winter business but I've been pretty busy all month. It's our biggest June by 150%
    We went to Frisco Main last weekend and it was moderately busy, but not too crazy. Beer at Prosit. Well spaced folks and all. I've been down Breck main a few times and it looks pretty mellow mid day, but there are people. Been getting Giam's a few times a week for the last few months. Chicken Parmmmmmmm!

I think that the 4th could be kinda crazy. I'll probably avoid the downtowns, head out into the non-tourist known spots and chill. Hopefully people come up and spend lots of money, but act responsibly. We'll see. Just wear a mask motherfuckers!

Heavy traffic WB from Empire all the way to Evergreen. What pandemic?

I'm going to be joining the I-70 masses tomorrow, going camping for a week. Seems like a reasonable social distancing activity, we have all meals planned out and probably will only have to get gas.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good luck everyone trying to find a camp site. I've seen campers at every nook and cranny all week. Some stashed their 5th wheels a week ago and left to hold the spot. So many out of state plates on i-70.

We are snagging our campsite tonight. Can’t really get to it without a motorcycle or high clearance 4wd. Not too worried, but yeah I’ve been riding around the roads up in the hills around summit and there’s definitely people snagging spots all week.

We're camping on private land till Monday, then have reservations for Mon-Wed nights. So we won't need to find a campsite until next Thursday, and I'm hoping that isn't a problem.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You guys are smarter than the average Joe

Gonna hit the river tomorrow and then come home and hunker down for the weekend.

total massacre out there today
    160 miles one end of summit to the other twice and vail and back
    east bound was money, west bound proves people are fucking stupid
    did every jerk off think buying a camper this year was the way to freedum

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    total massacre out there today
    160 miles one end of summit to the other twice and vail and back
    east bound was money, west bound proves people are fucking stupid
    did every jerk off think buying a camper this year was the way to freedum
    Yes, the camper population doubled or tripled and they’re all out there hogging the right lane going 30.

Friend just came up. 3-1/2 hrs to ECO. But they left the D at 6p, so no surprise.

Eastbound 70 quite smooth today. 13 hours Denver to St Louis. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Eastbound 70 quite smooth today. 13 hours Denver to St Louis. : )
    my condolences

Fuck the tailgating assholes who think driving 70+ through the WB construction zone west of Idaho Springs is ok.

Just came back from a hike near Berthoud. WB I-70 is SOLID 3 lanes from Floyd (and beyond) to Genesee.

Enjoy!
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Oh, I'm enjoying alright! Just passed Genesee, just started the crawl

Have fun up there this weekend everyone. Screenshot from 1:30pm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	333436

That looks like a powder day but one where it only snowed in Vail

OTOH, the Texans are here because the counties put out a cell phone alert saying "MASKS!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Have fun up there this weekend everyone. Screenshot from 1:30pm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	333436
    What’s with the 6 accidents, 5 on I70, 1 on Rte 6. Is driving in stopped traffic really that hard gapes?

I’d go up to Evergreen from Morrison, over Squaw Pass and down to IS to avoid that shitshow.