Page 283 of 465 FirstFirst ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 11607

trust your computer

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    It was avoiding typical rush hour congestion. Pena-70-470-285 is going to be the fastest and simplest option most of the time, construction hasn't really made traffic much worse through there - it's been terrible for years.
    That was my only point, it routes you to avoid traffic occurring at that time. The route you describe is the standard one, but if he's smart he should decide based on what google says at the time. It's saved my ass on more than one occasion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Came down Saturday PM from the mountains. Was smooth sailing until Bakerville, then an hour of traffic to Georgetown. Yet another semi truck fire at the bottom of the hill. This seems to be happening once a month at that spot ��
    Just an FYI, it appears that someone told google maps that Silver Valley Road is closed through the end of November so it won't route you that way. However, it is not closed, and you should always use that route through bakerville-->sliver plume on any day you suspect traffic. Just make sure you slow down when driving through Plume as there are often kids in the area and people walking their dogs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Just an FYI, it appears that someone told google maps that Silver Valley Road is closed through the end of November so it won't route you that way. However, it is not closed, and you should always use that route through bakerville-->sliver plume on any day you suspect traffic. Just make sure you slow down when driving through Plume as there are often kids in the area and people walking their dogs, etc.
    Man... you should send this in a PM. You gon' fuck it up for the rest of us.

Nope - definitely closed. You absolutely should not take that road at any time. You’ll get pulled over and given a hefty fine.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Nope - definitely closed. You absolutely should not take that road at any time. You’ll get pulled over and given a hefty fine.
    Name:  hesright.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  24.5 KB

Not familiar with that name, but if that's just the name of the frontage road, it takes a hefty amount of traffic to make that the faster route.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not familiar with that name, but if that's just the name of the frontage road, it takes a hefty amount of traffic to make that the faster route.
    I agree with you on the frontage between GTown and Empire, but the frontage between bakerville and plume is almost always faster (at least on weekends)

Jordan

I agree with you on the frontage between GTown and Empire, but the frontage between bakerville and plume is almost always faster (at least on weekends)

Jordan
    Plz stop.

This is why we can't have nice things.

And with all the boulders that fall down on that road every day, I am surprised if it's not closed suddenly.
    Definitely not worth taking the chance.

Last few times I've taken the frontage route, there were cops staked out every half mile busting people. I70 is much safer, even if slower.

If you are a good person seeing a cop makes you feel safe. You must be a sinner.

The frontage road is icy, bumpy, slow and scary. You might get shot at by some Dumont bumpkin. Definitely stay on I70.

Frontstrangers are funny.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Summit county us too quiet for a friday whats going on.

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Plenty of traffic in Frisco headed to Breck
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Drove over Cottonwood Pass this morning on the way to CB... 4 hours from the Boulder area, and I even got caught behind some slower campers and trucks (that I eventually passed). They did a damn nice job on that road, it's brand new from BV all the way to Taylor Res.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Drove over Cottonwood Pass this morning on the way to CB... 4 hours from the Boulder area, and I even got caught behind some slower campers and trucks (that I eventually passed). They did a damn nice job on that road, it's brand new from BV all the way to Taylor Res.
    have they finished the west side yet? it was paved when I went over on Labor Day, but wasn't striped or anything (which made it a little spooky in the dark on Friday night). but agreed, much improve.

Yep, totally done. It looked like they were doing some finish work about halfway down, but nothing major.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if they built the road over the existing dirt road, or did they create a new road corridor? I could have sworn the road was shorter, and it looked totally new in some areas.

Photo above suggests the lady got more than just makeup put on.

Did VR kick in any $ for the road? That'll shorten the trip to CB for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if they built the road over the existing dirt road, or did they create a new road corridor? I could have sworn the road was shorter, and it looked totally new in some areas.
    I'm pretty sure they didn't do any re-routes, based on my recollection

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Did VR kick in any $ for the road? That'll shorten the trip to CB for me.
    Except it’s not maintained in the winter...