Page 250 of 465 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 11614
    Is it summer yet? That is when I really hate i70

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha yes^^^

I’m just surprised there are that many people who can consistently take off when there’s a storm. If they’re calling in sick, I’d think their bosses would catch on.

Thankfully the shitshow wasn’t on the mountain. Just the road.
    There are so many people on the front range. It's not the same people consistently. There are too many of us who can take a day here or there, even a small percentage of us adds up
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Deleting a 250 post thread takes balls.

Seems like non-holiday weekends are the new holiday weekends. Busy as shit today everywhere.

People need to find some new hobbies. Skiing is no longer elitist enough. Epikon has made it too damn accessible. We need to toll the tunnel.
    Huh? Try 6000+ posts. That takes huge enormous titanium balls.

This week could be a big shitshow if DPS teachers strike.

Porsche suv this AM at like 630am or so hauling ass in the fast lane doesn't signal to pass on right as he approaches 15mph or so faster than flow of traffic. Another suv, in the fast lane, also doesn't signal while trying to pass on the right. Porsche came this() close to asspacking the suv and fucking it up for everybody.

If everyone maintained decent following distances, kept right except to pass, and utilized their indicators I would be sooooo happy. Seems like a tall order I know.

Also, I've noticed most cars/suv's don't have skis on the roof. Is i70 weekend traffic mostly the rental crowd? Snowboards/skis in the trunk/hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    ...Also, I've noticed most cars/suv's don't have skis on the roof. Is i70 weekend traffic mostly the rental crowd? Snowboards/skis in the trunk/hatch?
    Snowboards inside? I've wondered about this - the large percentage of vehicles you'd expect to have carriers/racks on.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Maybe people realize that roof racks are dumb.

^^^^
    yup

I've got one friend off the top of my head that uses a roof rack. He's a mag but don't know if he reads this thread. Other than him, most people I can think of have a cargo box or throw them inside.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Custom I70 gravel and mag chloride tuning would inhibit shredding of max gnar.

People really out there clackin wet edges all over their upholstery huh. Gimme salty skis anyday

Imagine loose skis inside a car during a wreck.

Get a box.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The unspoken bit here is that if Hazmat can go in the tunnels, there will be much less pressure to keep Loveland Pass open in adverse weather/avalanche conditions and there is plenty of money to be saved there to help make up for the 10-100 million or whatever cost of making the tunnel hazmat OK.

I think it is a good idea if it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Imagine loose skis inside a car during a wreck.

Get a truck.

FIFY

Safety schmafety.

I use ski racks. Can't fit my vehicles in the garage with a box. I don't care if my skis get dirty.

It's a 5-10 drive, so on racks it doesn't really matter. I have a box for longer trips and travel but a pain to put on and off and store, so I find racks just easier most/all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The unspoken bit here is that if Hazmat can go in the tunnels, there will be much less pressure to keep Loveland Pass open in adverse weather/avalanche conditions and there is plenty of money to be saved there to help make up for the 10-100 million or whatever cost of making the tunnel hazmat OK.

I think it is a good idea if it can be done.
    Years ago, in another life, I was driving north on DC's beltway at 6am when a tanker truck hit an embankment on an underpass and exploded. I was one of the first cars to drive past (they quickly shut the road down after that.) Maybe 150 feet feet away and the heat was so bad I was sweating inside my closed windows as we crawled past. Article in the paper said flames were 200 feet high.

I don't see how it would be possible to make that "safe" if it happened inside the tunnel.

Truck would need their own bore if you wanted to protect other motorists.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    It's a 5-10 drive, so on racks it doesn't really matter. I have a box for longer trips and travel but a pain to put on and off and store, so I find racks just easier most/all season.
    We flip back and forth between bikes and skis so often that we find racks easier. Don't need to have space in the garage to store the box when not in use. We wax at home so we just clean things up when we rewax. Seems easier.

But I'd like the box for shoving poles into. Poles inside the car is a pain in the ass that has become a running joke in our family.

Years ago, a tanker crashed and blew in the Caldecott Tunnel in the East Bay. It was in the middle of the night(by design?). A mother and daughter were killed iirc. Tunneled was effed for a couple years after and was out of circulation. If it happened at a busier time, it would have been catastrophic. Sad that other life was lost, when trafficking volatile material across roadways, shit can and does happen. Just have to limit our exposure or find a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Years ago, a tanker crashed and blew in the Caldecott Tunnel in the East Bay. It was in the middle of the night(by design?). A mother and daughter were killed iirc. Tunneled was effed for a couple years after and was out of circulation. If it happened at a busier time, it would have been catastrophic. Sad that other life was lost, when trafficking volatile material across roadways, shit can and does happen. Just have to limit our exposure or find a better way.
    There was some horrific accident over in the Mt Blanc tunnel is euroland where a whole grip of people died in a similar incident.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    There was some horrific accident over in the Mt Blanc tunnel is euroland where a whole grip of people died in a similar incident.
    39 deaths from what was effectively a fuel tanker fire (margarine truck).

Mont Blanc tunnel is way different in that it is 7+ miles long and 2way traffic (2 lanes), did not have a fire suppression system, nor onsite fire fighting, and the fire was mismanaged by the tunnel controllers operating the ventilation system which prevented people from escaping and firefighters from reaching the blaze.

It is a really cool tunnel.

My friend said it took her a half hour at 3pm yesterday to get out of the ABasin parking lot, to just get onto 6. Then an hour to the top of Loveland Pass. W...T...F....

Who in their right mind would leave the mountains to go home at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon? They're just asking for misery.

Apparently 10s of thousands. She did ask for it!

If I move back I won’t ski. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Who in their right mind would leave the mountains to go home at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon? They're just asking for misery.
    Emphasis added.