Page 412 of 465 FirstFirst ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like some asshole decided that driving a Lotus in that storm was a good idea. He, of course, wrecked. Pics all over social media of his smashed front end. #winning
    yep
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotus 4-22.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	414298

east of 6 ramp to 70. But, before the tunnel we had a stalled Toyota in the left lane, so 2 lanes > 3 lanes > 2 lanes > 4 lanes for the metered jump into the tunnel.

good times.

Whole lot of dirty roof top tents today.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

4 hours door to door, that was the longest drive back I've had in 4+ years. Worth it!

I-70 just had to get one last "fuck you" in before spring.

Currently waiting on a BroMW to get the fuck out of the way. Shitshow of a Monday.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

A vert no less. Nice RTT on the Forester lol

PROJECT NEWS | Work begins on Vail Pass Rest Area replacement

The Vail Pass Rest Area will temporarily close starting May 2. The closure will allow CDOT and contractor crews to demolish and reconstruct the rest area building, as well as improve access roads and parking facilities. Motorists should anticipate the rest area will remain closed through October 2023.

WHERE? The Vail Pass rest area is located along I-70 between Copper Mountain/Frisco and Vail at Mile Point 190. The new facility will be designed to meet the high demand for services at the top of Vail Pass.

WHAT? The purpose of the Vail Pass Rest Area replacement is to improve the existing rest area facilities to increase restroom user capacity, update the existing drinking water treatment system in accordance with health department criteria, increase parking capacity for all users and, improve traffic circulation, accessibility, safety, and connectivity at the site. Improvements will also address winter maintenance operational issues and increase capacity for maintenance equipment storage and snow storage on site.

⚠️TRAVEL IMPACTS: Drivers will still be able to use exit 190 (Vail Pass), but there will not be restroom facilities available. CDOT encourages motorists to use other rest areas nearby, including the Gateway Visitor Center in Georgetown and the Edwards Rest Area in Edwards. Motorists should anticipate rest area closures in Glenwood Canyon if there is rain in the forecast.

During the rest area closure, there will continue to be recreation access to adjacent National Forest lands, including Shrine Pass Road, Black Lakes Road, Wilder Gulch Trail and the paved Vail Pass Recreation Path. There will be limited parking. The Vail Pass Recreation Path will remain open this summer. Users should anticipate defined recreational path access through the rest area site, as well as a detour on the path from Mile Points 185.5 to 187, located on the west side of the pass. The detour is necessary as crews make safety improvements to the recreation path included in the West Vail Pass Auxiliary Lanes project.

More info: https://www.codot.gov/news/2022/apri...ea-replacement

#WholeSystemWholeSafety #KnowBeforeYouGo #SlowfortheConeZone
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Should be a great summer for I70 travel

Closed May 2nd to October of 2023? That’s awhile.

Semi lost brakes WB heading towards Silverthorne, ignored or missing the signs saying not to exit if you lost your brakes, and nearly caused a catastrophe at the off-ramp/Rte 9 intersection. Rolled over, didn’t blow up though. Real smart having untrained mountain drivers driving I70. Good job trucking companies

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Semi lost brakes WB heading towards Silverthorne, ignored or missing the signs saying not to exit if you lost your brakes, and nearly caused a catastrophe at the off-ramp/Rte 9 intersection. Rolled over, didn’t blow up though. Real smart having untrained mountain drivers driving I70. Good job trucking companies
    Some good shots of that. Went pretty well, considering.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Heard he hit a patch of ice on the exit ramp no driver error just dumb luck

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

could hear it from work and thought absolutely nothing of the loud noise given the shitshow that is silverthorne right now. then I could see the brake smoke, lucky that the driver was ok and nobody got hurt. Same spot as the beer truck last fall with the same luck that no cars were right there.

two semis decided to make out just past the frisco exit around 5pm

the chaos of people trying to follow some shit app trying to tell them to go over the damn road caused lots of asshole driving in frisco watched a group of kids crossing summit blvd with the walk signal almost get plowed over by seven cars from all different directions

so like right now summit county is pretty peaceful but still a shit show of traffic so this summer between road construction and the onslaught of tourons i70 will be all time buckle your seatbelts

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    two semis decided to make out just past the frisco exit around 5pm

the chaos of people trying to follow some shit app trying to tell them to go over the damn road caused lots of asshole driving in frisco watched a group of kids crossing summit blvd with the walk signal almost get plowed over by seven cars from all different directions

so like right now summit county is pretty peaceful but still a shit show of traffic so this summer between road construction and the onslaught of tourons i70 will be all time buckle your seatbelts
    Nobody’s going to visit once the wildfires and smoke really get cranking.

Damn road. Damn.

Taking bets on I-70 closures Friday-Sunday.

And how many boats will be stranded on the side of the road?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'll take the bet. Nothing on I70 will close on Saturday due to the storm.

CDOT will be putting down a fat coat of mag chlorine. Rivers are gonna be frothy.

Roads will be fucked. No snow tires + summer mindset + CDOT staffed down so reduced plow/mag action.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

CDOT will be putting down a fat coat of mag chlorine. Rivers are gonna be frothy.
    That's not a good bet to take on a sunny weekday even. My bet is it comes in warm, then turns into miles of ice ruts.

gonna be all time i 70 fun
    upslope the five milion people on the front range will be all pouty and cold
    sunny and breezy with no snow in the mountains for sure

CDOT released renderings for the Floyd hill construction. Sounds like construction will run 2023 through 2027. Get ready!

https://www.cpr.org/2022/05/18/new-c...ght-look-like/

Also, I’ve been meaning to put this here….anyone else feel that the west express lane merge after empire is an accident waiting to happen? That merge is so short and there is no wide shoulder. I feel like it would be easy for them to add a shoulder to give people a bit more buffer and make it safer.

That didn't take long:

Vail Pass Closed
    I-70 WB
    Closed - Motor Vehicle Accidents.

Dammit. Actually a bigger storm than I expected.

Dammit. Actually a bigger storm than I expected.
    Tell him what he lost Johnny!

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    CDOT released renderings for the Floyd hill construction. Sounds like construction will run 2023 through 2027. Get ready!

https://www.cpr.org/2022/05/18/new-c...ght-look-like/

Also, I’ve been meaning to put this here….anyone else feel that the west express lane merge after empire is an accident waiting to happen? That merge is so short and there is no wide shoulder. I feel like it would be easy for them to add a shoulder to give people a bit more buffer and make it safer.
    So is this proposal basically cutting into the hillside to the south side of the river, south of the notorious turn left, where the bridge is that keeps getting holes?

Yes, that merge is short. Awesome planning.