Page 247 of 465 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

For the increased value to be of use, I have to sell my house and move somewhere that had proportionally lower rates of appreciation AND lower starting values. So hooray if I want to move to some small town in the midwest?
    The Boomers that bought in CB in the 70's are starting to cash out and move over Kebler to Paonia. $250K houses, warmer, drier, good MTB, decent access to St Mary's in GJ.

Ok wait are you guys saying you'd rather your property depreciate?
    Cause they are in some parts of the US.

I'm not saying it directly helps you buy groceries now, it's just a bright point that helps me be happy with the general struggles of life. Hey my groceries are expensive and my life is kinda tough in a first world way, but hey I have this investment that's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    decent access to St Mary's in GJ.
    I guess being 1.5 hours from SMH and 30 minutes from DCMH is better than being 30 minutes from GVH and a helicopter/plane to a tertiary care hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My ski bros and I joke that we read this thread when we want to feel better about our lives. Always insightful to read the opinions from all sides though. So grateful I experienced Summit and Eagle counties when they were still less than completely overrun back in the seventies, eighties, nineties. The reality is though that you guys still have it pretty good. Big city traffic on the weekends, shrug. People love cities for a reason...they are awesome places to live. Summit is sort of a booming high metro surrounded by wilds. A good problem to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I guess being 1.5 hours from SMH and 30 minutes from DCMH is better than being 30 minutes from GVH and a helicopter/plane to a tertiary care hospital.

Aren't they all tied to together, at least for billing? Anyways, you may be right. Ripped my distal quad tendon in half, and GVH doctor basically told me i was pussy and nothing wrong with me but a sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My ski bros and I joke that we read this thread when we want to feel better about our lives.
    That's funny - I do the same with that "Midwest Stoke" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Aren't they all tied to together, at least for billing? Anyways, you may be right. Ripped my distal quad tendon in half, and GVH doctor basically told me i was pussy and nothing wrong with me but a sprain.
    GVH is a rural 25 bed critical access hospital and Lev IV trauma center close to an airport
    DCMH is a 50 bed community hospital and Lev IV trauma center rated in the top 100 rural hospitals.
    SMH is a 310 bed tertiary care hospital and Lev II trauma center with many specialty services, a helicopter, and is the largest facility between Denver and SLC

None of them are tied together as part of a corporation.

Not even really thinking trauma so much as stuff like cancer that GVH can't deal with. Lots of retirees living within an hour or two of SM. And cheap RE.

Back to your regularly scheduled I-70 parking lot discussion.

Now that I know what the hell you hospital experts are talking about, what/where the hell are these places?

Google cones up with Sarasota Memorial Hospital for SMH.

GVH = Gunnison Valley Health (I get that one)

DCMH = Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Darby, PA.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Not even really thinking trauma so much as stuff like cancer that GVH can't deal with. Lots of retirees living within an hour or two of SM. And cheap RE.

Back to your regularly scheduled I-70 parking lot discussion.
    I remember commercials advertising Battlement Mesa as a retirement community.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Now that I know what the hell you hospital experts are talking about, what/where the hell are these places?

Google cones up with Sarasota Memorial Hospital for SMH.

GVH = Gunnison Valley Health (I get that one)

DCMH = Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Darby, PA.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    GVH in Gunny
    Delta County Memorial Hosp in Delta
    St. Mary's Hospital in GJ

Will have to see if i can find my billing stuff. Know GVH is tied to Grand Junction some how, maybe it's just farmed out billing or something?

Gawd, you're such a fucking douche.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's funny - I do the same with that "Midwest Stoke" thread.

Ha! I strolled in here and rolled in an I-70 jam up so I deserved that.

That thread is all about making the best out of what you have. I'll post up some pictures of beautiful empty highways to nowhere. It is those small pleasures that get us through

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Will have to see if i can find my billing stuff. Know GVH is tied to Grand Junction some how, maybe it's just farmed out billing or something?
    Must be?

Gunnison Valley is a community owned health system. (looked at working there once)
    Saint Mary's is owned by SCL Health, a nonprofit corp that has a bunch of hospitals and clinics in CO and MT. (friend works for them, used to be Exempla)

Saw a stupid twat on I70 going 55 in the left lane with two empty lane to the right, going up to Evergreen. Pull right behind her, give her a chance to move over, then pass in the middle lane. Look over and she’s texting AND has a baby in the car. Fucking wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Saw a stupid twat on I70 going 55 in the left lane with two empty lane to the right, going up to Evergreen. Pull right behind her, give her a chance to move over, then pass in the middle lane. Look over and she’s texting AND has a baby in the car. Fucking wonderful.
    Frankly, the far left lane is probably the safest place to be if you are not paying any attention at all. If you're going slow in the far left lane, your risk of having to overtake another slow vehicle is statistically the least likely. However, once you factor in the "you're being a selfish cunt and pissing off the world", then your risk factor of having road rage projected against you is greatly increased, and your chances of being in an accident.

The Boomers that bought in CB in the 70's are starting to cash out and move over Kebler to Paonia. $250K houses, warmer, drier, good MTB, decent access to St Mary's in GJ.
    I"m really glad you pointed that out.
    guess my plan isn't anything orginal

^It does mean moving from having CB on the bus route to being 1.5 hour backroad drive to Powderhorn.

ok which one of you mags was in full ski gear skis in hand thumb out standing on the shoulder halfway down west bound vail pass today?

just when you think you've seen it all
    I almost shit my pants, woulda stopped but it looked like a mirage and I was doing 80
    really looked alot like "I got lost in east vail and playing frogger across 70 and thumbing a ride sounded like the best idea out there"

^It does mean moving from having CB on the bus route to being 1.5 hour backroad drive to Powderhorn.
    sounds like heaven on earth
    fifteen minute walk to a ski area gondola with 3k in skiable acrage isn't all it used to be................

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ok which one of you mags was in full ski gear skis in hand thumb out standing on the shoulder halfway down west bound vail pass today?

just when you think you've seen it all
    I almost shit my pants, woulda stopped but it looked like a mirage and I was doing 80
    really looked alot like "I got lost in east vail and playing frogger across 70 and thumbing a ride sounded like the best idea out there"
    More likely it means they skinned up the bike path, hit the ridgeline and skied down a more easterly line and didn't feel like skiing back to the trailhead.

Not I-70, but Imma use this as a Colorado highway bitch thread. Almost got in a bad accident today. There's a stretch of 36 heading out of Boulder that gets blinding sun early in the morning. Maybe 1/2 mile to a mile. We're all traveling at about 70mph; there was a car a few hundred yards ahead of me. When blinded by the sun at this point, I get the desire to slow down; backing off the throttle a bit makes sense. But what do you think might happen if you REALLY slow down, like to 20-30mph, on a highway where you were just traveling 70 and the car behind you can hardly see? Yes, I almost crushed the car in front of me. Fuck. Slammed on the brakes and pulled over to the shoulder.

That would have been one of those annoying accidents where I would have been deemed at fault, even though he was going 25 on 65mph speed limit road, in dry conditions.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not I-70, but Imma use this as a Colorado highway bitch thread. Almost got in a bad accident today. There's a stretch of 36 heading out of Boulder that gets blinding sun early in the morning. Maybe 1/2 mile to a mile. We're all traveling at about 70mph; there was a car a few hundred yards ahead of me. When blinded by the sun at this point, I get the desire to slow down; backing off the throttle a bit makes sense. But what do you think might happen if you REALLY slow down, like to 20-30mph, on a highway where you were just traveling 70 and the car behind you can hardly see? Yes, I almost crushed the car in front of me. Fuck. Slammed on the brakes and pulled over to the shoulder.

That would have been one of those annoying accidents where I would have been deemed at fault, even though he was going 25 on 65mph speed limit road, in dry conditions.
    And just like that, coffee becomes unnecessary for you this morning. Nothing like an early am adrenaline kick.

That section of road sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    <snip>

Yeah - that blows. If someone wants to go below the *minimum* limit on an expressway like that, they should (at a minimum) get over on the shoulder. And then they should get OFF the highway at the next exit.