Page 148 of 465 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 11607

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Loved the dude fist pumping and waving the flag on the Genny hill overpass today .

America !
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 03-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Not sure how weekend warriors handle driving on 70!

I was in Boulder for a Friday meeting and then a quick rode ride (Lee hill/Left Hand/Old Stage - love that ride!) then headed back late afternoon.

Got stuck for 35 minutes near the wind farm for a 2 car accident...

Finally hit Golden (albeit bad timing, but that's the point here), got on 70 around 6pm, and for nearly the entire trip, it was speed up / slow to 15, repeat...all the way to S-thorne.

It wasn't weather or road conditions - just BAD drivers AND left lane squatters!

How in the world do you people do this?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post

I was in Boulder for a Friday meeting and then a quick rode ride (Lee hill/Left Hand/Old Stage - love that ride!) then headed back late afternoon.

Finally hit Golden (albeit bad timing, but that's the point here), got on 70 around 6pm, and for nearly the entire trip, it was speed up / slow to 15, repeat...all the way to S-thorne.

It wasn't weather or road conditions - just BAD drivers AND left lane squatters!

I think most of the people here on TGR know how to get around that madness but yeah, it's insane. On the other hand, I went up and back yesterday, no problems at 9am WB and 6PM EB. Definitely lots of bad driving all the time.

Friday night has been that slow speed this year. Aggro drivers lately because of SPRING BREAK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Loved the dude fist pumping and waving the flag on the Genny hill overpass today .

America !
    He was on 25 yesterday and 470 today. Dude's stoked.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post

Legislation in CO is sort of indirect. For instance, they don't generally enforce for failure to keep right, minimum speed, fog lights, tailgating, required equipment, etc... But they just passed a law allowing everyone to buy machine guns and silencers without a permit. Not the solution I would have proposed, but you have to use the tools the system provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    they just passed a law allowing everyone to buy machine guns and silencers without a permit.
    Name:  9d326854fc75f03ed05f35255a039d2c.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  21.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^ I must have misread something... There's been a rumor going around that you could buy Class 3 stuff with no permit in CO now - a brief search seemed to confirm that, but looking more closely, probably not. My bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    But they just passed a law allowing everyone to buy machine guns and silencers without a permit.
    I wish.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Diggin the reflective lane-divider dots
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Unfortunately except in the movies there's no such thing as a silencer. Suppressors help prevent health hazards of hearing damage. But the muzzle noise is still louder than a lawn mower.

Looks like a helluva smash up by Genesee according to reports. Think they said EB came across median and struck WB minivan. From the view looks like jaws of life used on driver and back seat of minivan possibly. Flight for life seen leaving scene. Not good.

Gnarly

Gotta wonder why there isn't a catch fence in the median like most everywhere else around the front range highways

on another note
    cdot actually did some basic maintence that they have never done a week ago
    since the weather got nice around the weekend of the 11, they went out and actually re striped the lane lines that got plowed off from vail down to georgetown ish, usually cdot waits until august to go re stripe the lanes every year, which is idiotic but that's how they operate, so big props to them for seeing the opportunity and getting out there and marking the lanes, it's like filling pot holes, something that needs to be done all the time, but usually they are too busy developing apps with tax payer money instead of fillin pot holes

as dumb as it sounds, most people are "too busy" to actually pay attention to where their car should be on the road, the lane markings help a little bit keeping the dumb fucks in line

Did anyone go to this meeting? Any news besides the inevitable westbound lexis lane?
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Here's your chance boys:

You're invited to attend our Westbound I-70 Mountain Corridor Concept Development Public Meeting! We want to hear from the community to help identify potential westbound improvements and understand perspectives around critical issues of the corridor. The meeting will be held at the Clear Creek Recreation Center on Tuesday, March 14 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there!

https://www.codot.gov/…/i-70mou…/con...opment-process

I printed off all 148 pages of this thread and presented them to the committee. They will be installing a double-decker highway between Grand Junction and Denver starting this spring per my recommendation.

I printed off all 148 pages of this thread and presented them to the committee. They will be installing a double-decker highway between Grand Junction and Denver starting this spring per my recommendation.
    I assume they've hired STFU as head of design?

That was actually my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I assume they've hired STFU as head of design?
    Superb idea!
    I70 will resemble the engineering and efficiency marvel that is the NYS Thruway.

Or the Holland Tunnel

On the plus side, STFU might retask CSP to use sniper rifles on left lane campers instead of just putting something up on the road signs
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Haha this thread never fails to deliver some laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    On the plus side, STFU might retask CSP to use sniper rifles on left lane campers instead of just putting something up on the road signs
    ...and use these things on the right lane passers.....