Page 396 of 465 FirstFirst ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'd wager that all Stanley slides from now on will be CDOT-triggered since they have the Gazex up there...
    ahh, did not know Gaz was up on Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ you know if natural or if CDOT sent shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'd wager that all Stanley slides from now on will be CDOT-triggered since they have the Gazex up there...
    You should be able to see in the next day or so here: https://forecasts.avalanche.state.co.us/explorer/

Results may surprise ya.

Rabbit Ears/40, 14, and Gore Pass all closed, too. 131 is open, sure, if you can get to Wolcott.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Vail Pass to close in both directions tomorrow (Thursday) at approx 1pm.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/i-70-...ursday-at-1pm/

I love how they announce this at 10pm the night before.
    Got to start stacking them up early before the 1 p.m. planned closure:

EC Alert Notification

Vail Pass Closed
    I-70 EB
    Closed - Safety Closure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Some guy left at 6AM and will battle his way to Vail, wait out closures, accident delays, and white knuckle it to the parking lot, fork out x $s, take the shuttle bus, waddle down the icy retail mall to wait in a lift line and ski after 8 hours, ski 2 hrs of now cut up powder, then reverse the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

CDOT just requested help shutting WB down at Georgetown. We're too short staffed for me to play hooky, and CDOT is just trying to make me feel better about it. Also, for whatever it's worth, I got a conflicting report that they're just about to open WB at mp 215, so I guess believe what you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

The finally figured that the closure is going to bottleneck all locals at dowd junction. Wonder how they are going to pull this off, have a "local's lane"?

The EB Vail Pass closure location has been moved to the EB 171. Local traffic will be allowed through.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You should be able to see in the next day or so here: https://forecasts.avalanche.state.co.us/explorer/

Results may surprise ya.
    Wow - they have VASTLY improved that website. Very nice dashboard/reporting. Should make pulling the Stanley natural vs. explosive info pretty easy.

It *seems* that there wasn't a single Stanley slide last season, according to my quick search... which does seem odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Rabbit Ears/40, 14, and Gore Pass all closed, too. 131 is open, sure, if you can get to Wolcott.
    I gotta believe that some of this is due to plow-driver shortages? Seeing Gore Pass closed is pretty surprising...

Cdot did a great job today
    70 was wet from Frisco to trailerthorne

Car in the median by Frisco just the roof sticking out of the snow

Roads are great starting to enjoy the car spinning and sliding its always fun getting the ass end to slide from one lane to the other

Spent the entire drive going 35 to silverthorne since this kid whose 25 and I've know him since he was 5, he was educating me over the phone as to who the big players in the coke trade are in summit

So and so has good video of the bitching camero stuck trying to get into the Frisco 7 11 parking lot guy was reving that bitch so hard and them tires was smoking I finally laid on the horn and yelled since all the gapers were watching clogging shit up

Speaking of gapers wow some people can't drive in snow and the poor suckers pushing a rental sedan up moonstone was classic last nite

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Cdot did a great job today
    70 was wet from Frisco to trailerthorne

Car in the median by Frisco just the roof sticking out of the snow

Roads are great starting to enjoy the car spinning and sliding its always fun getting the ass end to slide from one lane to the other

Spent the entire drive going 35 to silverthorne since this kid whose 25 and I've know him since he was 5, he was educating me over the phone as to who the big players in the coke trade are in summit

So and so has good video of the bitching camero stuck trying to get into the Frisco 7 11 parking lot guy was reving that bitch so hard and them tires was smoking I finally laid on the horn and yelled since all the gapers were watching clogging shit up

Speaking of gapers wow some people can't drive in snow and the poor suckers pushing a rental sedan up moonstone was classic last nite
    Are you weird as fuck in real life too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Are you weird as fuck in real life too?
    Possibly, but I gotta give him props for the dead milkmen reference.

Fred needs a burrow owl.

making four trips to denver next week can't wait

guess you punters don't live in a small town do you?
    do you know how many people I have to wave to each day driving around it gets old?
    then there is the old, hey man just passed you, haven't talked in awhile so you call that person and talk to them while driving to catch up
    the best is when you see one of your dip shit friends and you swerve at each other playing chicken like your going to hit each other had a couple close calls there
    yeah small town shit

guess you punters don't live in a small town do you?
    do you know how many people I have to wave to each day driving around
    No, here in the city I wave to just as many people, but only with one finger.

Pretty much what Freddy says except I think he lives in a big town. That places gives in anxiety. But yeah, the Northern Mountains and the Steamboat Zone are buried. If you can't enjoy this winter, you should move. It's been a while since we've had that, "fuck everything, its snowing" vibe around here.

Painters stuck in the driveway, city choads bitchin' at the HOA about the plowing, snowmobiling everywhere, townies drinking beer in the supermarket. I love it, feels like the old days.

uhhh guys, we are going to need a well fare check on foggy and fast

they........ almost...... seem happy.

Takes 5 minutes to shop at the market, and another 30 catching up with folks if I get seen. Masks help in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Pretty much what Freddy says except I think he lives in a big town. That places gives in anxiety. But yeah, the Northern Mountains and the Steamboat Zone are buried. If you can't enjoy this winter, you should move. It's been a while since we've had that, "fuck everything, its snowing" vibe around here.

Painters stuck in the driveway, city choads bitchin' at the HOA about the plowing, snowmobiling everywhere, townies drinking beer in the supermarket. I love it, feels like the old days.
    pretty much you said but you put it down better than me
    yeah the electrician and I were like what the fuck you guys can't take today off to ski and goto happy hour at 1pm what the fuck is wrong with you people
    it was good total 1998 yesterday
    but the vibe is over today by 1pm when all the front rangers show up for the left over pow pow after dukin it out of 70

damn snow is heavy but it is pretty and fun

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    uhhh guys, we are going to need a well fare check on foggy and fast

they........ almost...... seem happy.

gettin there bro been a rough week

gettin there bro been a rough week
    I gave a potential customer the "I'm declining to move forward with your project" call this morning. Too many red flags. I've got a few more weeks at a project then February and March will be great. Total old school GCs. No deadlines, all powder days off, always have your back. I'm so looking forward too it.

Traffic this morning looks absolutely Epikonic (TM).... essentially bumper-to-bumper from Idaho Springs all the way back to Red Rocks. And backed up halfway through the Hwy 6 canyon to Golden. Just imagine if the Broncos weren't playing today or if it was a powder day.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Traffic this morning looks absolutely Epikonic (TM).... essentially bumper-to-bumper from Idaho Springs all the way back to Red Rocks. And backed up halfway through the Hwy 6 canyon to Golden. Just imagine if the Broncos weren't playing today or if it was a powder day.
    And it was that bad at 6:30AM…even worse because Rte 6 was a maroon line from I70 back to Kipling.

So all those people currently parked on I70 by Evergreen are probably 2 hours from pulling into a line to get in the remote lots of say, Breck. Then 30-45 mins to boot up and maybe get the shuttle bus, full of Covid, to the gondy. Then another long line to get on the free gondy to the base. Maybe they’ll make it to snow by lunch and get into an Epic line at Peak 8.

Mind blowing people do this to themselves weekly.

Is the tunnel closed? Google maps looks like it is.

I think that’s the hourly hazmat closure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums