Page 345 of 465 FirstFirst ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Loveland Pass and Eisenhower closed for avalanche danger/control
    Dillverthorne is a shit show just like any normal year.

I saw it all around there today

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Dillverthorne
    heh

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Random post but did anyone see TGR is opening up a store in Breck? Just seems extremely random for a mountain never really associated with having much big mtn terrain.
    Tenmile Gravity Research?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Dillverthorne is a shit show just like any normal year.
    I've been trying to promote the use of 'FrisKey DillThorne'
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I first heard Dillverthorne probably 20+ years ago back when the Summit Daily used to do a joke front page for April 1st.

Used Dillonthorne forever, but Dillverthorne is more better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm a Dillonthorne guy. And that's not going to change.

Waiting for the Dapper Dan post.

So yesterday morning going EB to Denver, cops were at the bottom of Floyd hill rerouting us to the frontage road to get to the top. Checked the website and it said closed for “safety concerns”. I remembered seeing a billboard saying “potentially blinding light 10 miles ahead” or something along those lines. Is this something new? I mean I grew up driving i70 and have never seen that before.

So yesterday morning going EB to Denver, cops were at the bottom of Floyd hill rerouting us to the frontage road to get to the top. Checked the website and it said closed for “safety concerns”. I remembered seeing a billboard saying “potentially blinding light 10 miles ahead” or something along those lines. Is this something new? I mean I grew up driving i70 and have never seen that before.
    Not new. I believe they used to call it "Solar Glaze".

Been doing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Been doing it for years.
    Just didn’t really make sense since the frontage road takes you to basically the same spot with sun still in your face.

Just didn’t really make sense since the frontage road takes you to basically the same spot with sun still in your face.
    at half the speed...single file.

Lack of bitching in here. Is ski traffic a thing this year or nah?

was wondering that too, actually. Will be going to WP on Sunday (to cut a tree, not to ski) and was wondering if there would be any reason to bitch.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Limited terrain available, nice weather on the Front Range, no new snow, and CoVid reservation limitations.... sounds like a recipe for smooth sailing until the first legit snowstorm of the year.

usual amount of suck
    drove to vail a couple times this week it was ok
    been going to the front range every week once a week
    idaho springs is alittle dicey with construction if your doing 75 plus it keeps you on your toes the lane changes and shitty pavement

typical amount of cluelessness in the left lane blows my mind when they get to stack up 30 or so cars they do it on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was wondering that too, actually. Will be going to WP on Sunday (to cut a tree, not to ski) and was wondering if there would be any reason to bitch.
    WP was a shitshow today. Most lots were full with 45 min lifelines on the mountain. We cut a tree instead, and I f***ing mounted kid skis.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    WP was a shitshow today. Most lots were full with 45 min lifelines on the mountain. We cut a tree instead, and I f***ing mounted kid skis.
    Thank you for affirming my decision to skip the lifts and just cut a Christmas tree. Vasquez creek was busy enough for me.

does everyone think WP is the anti summit county and no one goes there so everyone goes there?

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    Vasquez creek was busy enough for me.
    That's what I'm worrying about!

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    Thank you for affirming my decision to skip the lifts and just cut a Christmas tree. Vasquez creek was busy enough for me.
    How deep was the snow? Will I need snowshoes or just boots is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How deep was the snow? Will I need snowshoes or just boots is fine?
    The snow is thin. Boots will be adequate. Maybe bring yack tracks to help push the 2wd cars that get stuck. The road was pretty slick and my Sorels didn’t have enough traction to help.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    does everyone think WP is the anti summit county and no one goes there so everyone goes there?
    World class bumps require world class crowds

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Saw some photos online and from friends. Its only December, half the people out there now are no where to be found come April.

Seems like WP is asking for trouble in the short term w/ all the other resorts close by requiring ski or parking reservations. They think limiting lift tickets will account for all of the ikonic folks w/out reservations elsewhere showing up?