Page 249 of 465 FirstFirst ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Don’t modern brodozers have headlights you can adjust on the fly? I know tundras do; just aim them based on load.
    Some brands/models do manual in car aiming. Many newer vehicles have auto-leveling headlights (or you can add it aftermarket), and its required if you use hid/bi-xenon. But lots of people put aftermarket bulbs in their older vehicle that their vehicle wasn't designed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Tourons be nervous in the dark wilds of I70
    Exactly. They don't realize the lines are scraped off and filthy half way through the winter. So we get more mag chloride and I just keep using the gas station bucket to keep my headlights and windshield clean.

Fuckheads who don't know how auto headlights work drive me nuts. DRL only and it is dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    You are a self-righteous authority on all things mountains, I forgot.

I was kidding...I merely have SilverStar replacement bulbs and fog lights and many people freak out in their much lower to the ground vehicles and flash me. They are not misaligned. My vehicle is higher off the ground than their hatchback.

However the factory lights of many, MANY newer vehicles are extremely bright even in the low setting. Silverado, F150, and an immeasurable other amount of 2016 and later model trucks have HID and LED fitments. It is the way of the market.
    Nah, Summit's right on this. It's a beam alignment thing, not a brightness thing. If I'm being blinded in my hatchback, I'm blinding you back because fuck you.

Why do you need headlights if the highway is closed anyway?

You all are a bunch of DB's. Killing the planet with your waste of emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fuckheads who don't know how auto headlights work drive me nuts. DRL only and it is dumping.
    And wtf is wrong with the manufacturers making the DRLs front lights only? That shit is fucked up. Idiots driving around thinking they've got lights on (or not) and you still can't see their back end until you're on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    And wtf is wrong with the manufacturers making the DRLs front lights only? That shit is fucked up. Idiots driving around thinking they've got lights on (or not) and you still can't see their back end until you're on it.
    My wife's car is like that. Her DRLs are on, and her dash even is lit up, but actual headlights? Nope. Definitely annoying
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My wife's car is like that. Her DRLs are on, and her dash even is lit up, but actual headlights? Nope. Definitely annoying
    It's the no taillights that is even worse. I once followed a jeep with no taillights because of their DRLs for miles, at night, between ned and Blackhawk. No amount of flashing made them get it.

The DOT is well known to be behind the rest of the developed world for their lighting standards.

Do "kids these days" even know the difference between hi and lo beams? Driving only on crowded roads, where there is no reason to turn on hi beams, they may have have never turned on hi beams. They could accidentally hit the hi beam switch and not know it, they just see an odd blue light on their dash.

I've noticed the auto hi beam shutoff in my new Tundra really lets the high beams go until the last possible legal moment to turn them off. You are allowed to run hi's until you are just 100 yards off in most states. That is just over a second at highway speeds.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    If your low beams are so bright or misaligned that they are fucking other people's vision over enough that they flash you frequently, then your lighting technology isn't quite as bright as your selfishness. I leave my brights on in your face in these situations if it's blatant.
    Alignment is a common problem with people spending $10K to lift/level kit their brodozer, but not 5 minutes or $10 to have the shop realign the lowbeams...
    ^^^ thank you for stating that ^^^

Powtron, you're a great guy, but knock it off and align your beams.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I drove to Denver and back yesterday. Snowing hard all the way down and back mostly and fog and I’d guess almost 40% didn’t have their lights on at all. Turn your damn lights on!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I drove to Denver and back yesterday. Snowing hard all the way down and back mostly and fog and I’d guess almost 40% didn’t have their lights on at all. Turn your damn lights on!
    But then they'd blind the oncoming traffic!

First time skiing on a Friday in a while. It’s absolutely the new Saturday. Tons of traffic up in the morning and back this afternoon. Does anyone fucking work?

Saturday A & Saturday B. Saturday is still the same old Saturday. And Thursday ain't no slouch either when there is snow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone fucking work?
    Honest question. Seriously, does anyone fucking work? Are they ditching work or taking vacation days?

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Honest question. Seriously, does anyone fucking work? Are they ditching work or taking vacation days?
    Some of us simply have it built into schedules. I work 9–10hr days and get a few fridays off a month because of that. Have a few friends who “work remote” on Friday which means be available , call into meetings, and get shit done appropriately. You can often do that from the hill,

Maybe not but
    It’s still February. Lots of probably already planned 3 days in a condo a while back, rain or shine.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Are they ditching work or taking vacation days?
    Yes. With all of the forecast sites and social media alerts these days, it's not hard to plan a day or two ahead for powder days.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ^^^ thank you for stating that ^^^

Powtron, you're a great guy, but knock it off and align your beams.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    They are aligned. They aren’t that bright. They are properly installed.

People just like to bitch about how everyone else is the problem in this thread (hence said thread title).

On another note I’m driving to Idaho Springs today for National Pizza Day indulgence. I’ll report back on the ratio of properly aligned beans to non-compliant ones when I return.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yes. With all of the forecast sites and social media alerts these days, it's not hard to plan a day or two ahead for powder days.
    Formula:

(NOAA/Joel) + (Farmer’s Almanac)
    —————— ———————— = Slay Gnar
    Gut Feeling Vacation Day
    You should have been here yesterday!

Haha yes^^^

I’m just surprised there are that many people who can consistently take off when there’s a storm. If they’re calling in sick, I’d think their bosses would catch on.

Thankfully the shitshow wasn’t on the mountain. Just the road.

DoEs AnyBody WOrK AnYMoRe?

Alabamaskier, do us all a favor and nuke this festering cesspool of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

Alabamaskier, do us all a favor and nuke this festering cesspool of a thread.
    WHAT?!?! WHY?!?!
    This is my daily entertainment!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Deleting a 250 post thread takes balls.

Seems like non-holiday weekends are the new holiday weekends. Busy as shit today everywhere.

People need to find some new hobbies. Skiing is no longer elitist enough. Epikon has made it too damn accessible. We need to toll the tunnel.