Page 214 of 465 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 11614
    Hopefully the train from DIA to Vail will help the shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Hopefully the train from DIA to Vail will help the shitshow.
    No Gondola then or is that in the works as well?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    No Gondola then or is that in the works as well?
    No need. Hyperloop is underway.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    No need. Hyperloop is underway.
    Hyperloop should be a go right around the time all of us are too old to care.

Traffic from construction on Vail pass has been tough lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    traffic has been pure hell this summer from memorial day on, ever day is worse than the one before
    Breckenridge T-shirt & saltwater taffy sales must be through the roof!

I’ve said it before but when does the tipping point occur and people move because they get fed up and tourists stop coming and go elsewhere for their mountain jollies? I hear WY is fucking tits.

I’ve said it before but when does the tipping point occur and people move because they get fed up and tourists stop coming and go elsewhere for their mountain jollies? I hear WY is fucking tits.
    Hopefully soon, but it doesn't seem like it will be.

However, I only saw 3 people on a 20 mile bike ride on well traveled trails yesterday so they can easily be avoided. Drove home from Salida on a Sunday and traffic was pretty mellow too.

I70 has had some pretty gnarly construction zones lately though. Took the wife 1:45 to get home from Edwards and it's usually a 40 minute drive.

You really just gotta look at I70 as a self limiting valve for the mountain towns. We really don't have the infrastructure for any more people, so if I 70 was 5 lanes wide, plus a hyperloop, we'd be really fucked. So it might take a little time to get from A to B, big deal. Once you are there, stay and have fun outside of your car and you'll be fine!

Keep dreamin' SS.
    The shitshow is here to stay.
    #embracethesuck
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 07-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Agree I70 is a valve for even more mountain town clusterfuck. I would just encourage all those tourons to head to fucking elsewhere - lots to see out there. WY needs some population.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    There were no less than a dozen overheated cars between silverthorne and the tunnel. I lost count of the number of overheated suburarus. Most were new in the past 5 years. Tons of seemingly new Ford SUVs as well.

sadly people have the windows rolled up, the ac cranked, every gadget plugged in, weighted down, and there foot on the gas pedal going up a steep grade, then they wonder what happened

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    pretty much, was talking to a friend who owns a resturant in town, asked him if this summer has been busy, setting sales records so far............

At least it isnt SF to Tahoe? I don’t think there’s a tipping point. It just gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    sadly people have the windows rolled up, the ac cranked, every gadget plugged in, weighted down, and there foot on the gas pedal going up a steep grade, then they wonder what happened
    No doubt, but you'd think a new car should be able to drive up a hill without overheating.

I saw a CME van full of people heading to the airport while I was stuck for an hour while going to the tunnel. They would have made it to Golden at about 5:15 PM, probably 1.5 hours behind schedule. At that time it is easily another 1.5 hours to get to the airport through the worst of rush hour traffic. Pretty good chance they missed their flights. Hopefully they tell their friends how much it sucks to vacation in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    We went to Juneau, AK recently. Got off the plane and went hiking right away. First person we saw, had a fucking Breck t-shirt on! Laughed our asses off. That place has its own problems with cruise ships. I'd take our gapers over their any day though.

And most tourist destinations have at least some traffic issues. Lahaina on Maui comes to mind. Anywhere you go that is a cool touristy destination is going to have some kind of issue with access but once you are there it is still pretty cool. Breck and Summit in general are pretty uncrowded once you actually park your car and get out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    We went to Juneau, AK recently. Got off the plane and went hiking right away. First person we saw, had a fucking Breck t-shirt on! Laughed our asses off. That place has its own problems with cruise ships. I'd take our gapers over their any day though.

yeah, that's f'n funny as hell

there is a big difference between cruise shit gapers and mountain town gapers but plenty of over lap

I'm drawn to tourist towns, I'm dying to pack up and live in sedona, I just wondering why I'm that stupid, I grew up in a college town so maybe I'm used to the ebb and flow of people
    Also absolutely love bar harbor, such a great place, but really???? talk about first class shit show
    I was there a couple years ago, stayed in town, hiked Cadillac mtn from the hotel room, once I got off main street we saw no one, barely saw anyone on the whole hike, then nearer to the top there seemed to be some "down hikers" or people wandering around. Got to the top and it was the biggest cluster fuck in the world, of course I was high as a kite so I was having alot of issues comprehending peace and quiet and talking to birds and trees then seeing human stupidity at its finest. Again saw barely anyone on the way back to town.

Tourists don't realize i70 is a cluster fuck, they don't care, take the east coast washington dc south on 95 to the beaches???? boston north to vt or maine? nyc metro north? I70 is nothing compared to those places

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post

And most tourist destinations have at least some traffic issues. Lahaina on Maui comes to mind. Anywhere you go that is a cool touristy destination is going to have some kind of issue with access but once you are there it is still pretty cool. Breck and Summit in general are pretty uncrowded once you actually park your car and get out and about.
    "Dude, I think this whole town is high. Breckenridge - 9700'", right?
    80% of people go 20% of the places. I have my short list of places that get me some peace and quiet, and I'm sure you have yours.

when it becomes so popular that nobody goes there anymore, LDO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tourons, fly into DIA then drive north. Fort C, Cheyenne, Rock Springs all need some love

Then we will have high housing prices and no business. Double-edged sword for sure, and I do get a little worn out through the season.
    My gripe for the day is I can't tell if people are driving passive aggressively, just like to fuck with the other drivers in their vicinity, or are they just that oblivious? Probably a mix. And I don't really deal with too much I70 traffic, so it a fairly open range. But somehow one or two cars just just bugger up the works quite well.

I left and will never return so you can thank me and my occasional visits I just drive like an ass hole and try to rectify poor behavior. The last thing Fort Fun needs is more fucking people. JFHC people live in Windsor now and commute from Greeley.

Trucks and all the fucking trailers/campers are a huge summertime I70 problem. Stay out of the fucking left lane!!

Trucks and all the fucking trailers/campers are a huge summertime I70 problem. Stay out of the fucking left lane!!
    Coming down westbound from the tunnel last week there were multiple semis in the middle lane for no apparent reason. Right lane completely clear, no road damage that I could tell. They just decided that they wanted to make 3 lanes into 1.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Coming down westbound from the tunnel last week there were multiple semis in the middle lane for no apparent reason. Right lane completely clear, no road damage that I could tell. They just decided that they wanted to make 3 lanes into 1.
    Exactly. It’s enraging.

Yesterday a camper going 40 mph in the right lane came up on a semi going 30 mph WB on the Gtown Hill....then decided to swerve into the left lane to pass, while cutting off 5 of us going 65 mph. Almost caused a chain reaction of crashes.

Later, coming EB just past the Silverthorne exit, some ASSHOLE almost caused multi car accident because he apparently missed the exit, cut in and slowed down to 20 Mph IN THE LEFT LANE and turned into the illegal crossover to Uturn into the WB lanes. I had to practically stand on my brakes to not hit the guy in front of me because of that ASSHOLE.

You guys should take the frontage road or 285.

Ban semis, trailers, RVs, the works.
    SUVs and pickups only.
    #makeI70greatagain

^^^^^ not until you pry my camper from my cold dead hands.....

but really, I hate taking the camper on 70, so many better routes and get to see more. Sure, may add an hr or 2 depending on destination but no big deal.