Page 258 of 465 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 11614
    I just saw someone post a new video of another natural in 10 mile canyon that ran across 70. Sketch. Cdots going to be stretched thin cleaning all this up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    All those people who missed the closure have to turn around at Herman Gulch? I’d be fucking pissed.
    This is east of the tunnel. They’re turning people at Georgetown.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    This is east of the tunnel. They’re turning people at Georgetown.
    Right, but in that pic/video, people are stopped on the highway by the Harman Gulch exit, watching the drama. All those people must be pissed to have to turn around or sit for hours. *vibes

Right, but in that pic/video, people are stopped on the highway by the Harman Gulch exit, watching the drama. All those people must be pissed to have to turn around or sit for hours. *vibes
    Imagine how pissed they'd be if they were stuck in that slide...

My bad - got it mixed up with its Officers Gulch...
    go upside down.

A couple wet slides at the Silverthorne ski area. Lots of lines coming down the hill to.

On another note a half hour to drive 70 from Silverthorne to Frisco. Saw a flat bed carrying a snow cat go up into ten mile canyon and watched some d bag try to drive around the police blockade.

On another note feel free to commit any crime you want in summit since every cop is on traffic duty right now

Reading the CDOT twitter, people are super pissed.

Fuck them. I guess they would rather have been buried in their cars?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Reading the CDOT twitter, people are super pissed.

Fuck them. I guess they would rather have been buried in their cars?
    Full agreeance. Fuck those people.

Found this interesting, CDOT from Twitter:
    Yes, under normal circumstances mitigation usually takes about 30 min. In this case, about 15 ft of snow covered I-70 @ the tunnel, including debris. We are working in accordance w US Army & Homeland Security protocol that we cannot give advance notice when using live ammunition.
    Now we know why they never give advance notice when bombing. Good to know, always wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Found this interesting, CDOT from Twitter:

Now we know why they never give advance notice when bombing. Good to know, always wondered.
    must be different up there. Wolf creek posts the day before to let people know. Pretty sweet yesterday having the road closed for the morning.
    off your knees Louie

You know what sucks? When CDOT detours EB I70 traffic thru Breck! It's a real shitshow out there......
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    You know what sucks? When CDOT detours EB I70 traffic thru Breck! It's a real shitshow out there......
    the greatest understatement of the day
    I feel for everyone who lives in park county, their commute is pure hell tonight
    throw in some inbred trucker who has never driven anthing more than a straight road in texas and have him go over one of the shittier mountain passes
    took one guy over an hr to get from breck to mosquito gulch, painful

Bet Dillon and George restaurants and hotels are doing mega business.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    8 HOURS TO GET TO THE FIRST TURN
    Yesterday at 2PM on Pali guy said he left Denver at 6a, got to Abasin, lots were full, went to Keystone, lots were full, drove to Breck, ate lunch with his dad, went to drive home, had to go over Loveland, stopped and found a spot, he was going up for his first lap at 2p.

SKI THE PASS YO!
    I saw dozens of people walking/skiing/boarding down US6 at 3:30 yesterday from Abasin... I asked one and he said he was walking to the lot thats about 2.5 miles down because nobody would give him a ride. I pointed out he was going faster than traffic, but there were shuttles.

PUSHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BASIN
    On the way up yesterday in the stop an go after traffic was released from avalanche control, I saw a minivan 3 cars up stop, slider door comes open, guy jumps out and pushes the van then runs and jumps in... they did this at least 12 times on the way up. Never seen anything like it. As I walked past them I let them know there was a large fine if they had gotten stuck. "Oh it's fine! It's a rental!"

LETS DRIVE THE WRONG WAY ON THE HIGHWAY!
    On the way down traffic was stop and go. Crazy idiot in a white SUV decides he's just going to drive the entire way down in the wrong lane! The vehicle behind me, and I, pull out. White SUV starts flashing lights and honking, tries to drive around on the right shoulder, gets around the car behind me, tries to cut in front of me, but since I notice the large gap the car has left behind the douche white SUV that I can get into, I nose up to the truck I've been following. We creep along, they keep swerving toward me like they are gonna ram me or cut in front. As we are doing 0-3mph, I roll down my window and ask:

"Why is it OK for you to drive the whole way down in the wrong lane when everyone else here sits in line?"
    20something guy : "What lane are you in now motherfucker?"
    "That would be the lane you wish you were in. "
    "Fuck you! Pull in behind me! Pull behind me! You are unsafe!" followed by a string of profanity and waving of middle finger out the window... car behind begins flashing brights at him.
    Smiling: "Nah I can do this all the way to Keystone if you want."
    "FUUUUCK!" rolls up window.

So we creep down US6 like this for about 10 minutes until I see some opposing headlights. I quickly merge in behind crazy white SUV who attempts to pass the truck several more times over the next 30 minutes on the way down, but never succeeds. At one point when traffic stops, driver and passenger both get out and pee in the road. When they finally get down to Keystone, they proceed to cut off someone in the right lane swerving in the slush with much horn honking. While I probably should have left that alone because he was probably drunk or insane, but it was really really really hilarious.
    Amazing post from start to finish and I appreciate how you saved the best one for last. 10/10

The last couple days seem pretty unprecedented. First time in the 15 years I've been out here that multiple slides have gone hudge and burying highways. Between I-70, 40, and 550 CDOT/CHP definitely have their hands full.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    The last couple days seem pretty unprecedented. First time in the 15 years I've been out here that multiple slides have gone hudge and burying highways. Between I-70, 40, and 550 CDOT/CHP definitely have their hands full.
    Yeah, the only time I can remember that’s similar was that huge storm cycle a few Januarys ago when Mt Bethel went to the highway (although not as bad), a big avy near Peru Creek/Montezuma released and smashed an old cabin that had been there for a hundred years, ABasin and CB closed b/c of high avy danger and one of those chutes near Officers Gulch ran to the river but not the highway.

Can’t remember anything like this during the ‘10/11 season. Maybe my memory is short.

colorado / avalanche / i70 / blizzard

all hard keywords to search but there was a natural in the March blizzard of 2003 above silverplume that covered i70 for a couple days.

I was gonna mention March 2003.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The dashcam and heli vids of these are amazing to watch.

Yup 2003, and Bethel and another path both went natural. Road closed for three days, piles and piles of logs and other debris. It was bigger than these, because they went on their own recognizance. Could still happen, with a few more big storms on the way.

Oh, man... that '03 storm was great. I was supposed to ski Berthoud Powdercats right in the middle and got cancelled for too much snow (not to mention it was impossible to get anywhere near there). Then they went Tango Uniform and I never got to ride with them.

Only time I ever got my old Subaru stuck - trying to get into the garage...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	272768

Name:  IMG_0721.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  246.4 KB

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs