Page 232 of 465 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 11607
    The Park Side wasn't busy yesterday afternoon. Isn't the traffic metered at the Empire on ramp with a light? Could that be causing the backup.

I'm not being critical merely making observations. Happy people are good people. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't stop others doing the same. I understand why people play the game down in the suburbs. It is just not for me, I tried it. They are assholes from everywhere, many of them look like me and act like me. Some of my best friends in the world work office jobs down in the city and ski on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You guys sure have built up a pretty quality "us vs. them" world-view. Congratulations.
    we're a couple of posts from the "you're not in traffic" post.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Everyone just skis a 600' lap at Berthoud and calls it good.
    Make sure you get the shot for the 'gram on the tailgate of the Tacoma with the DPS and the micro brew of choice. Bonus point for the buff over the flat brim with the hood up on the puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The Park Side wasn't busy yesterday afternoon. Isn't the traffic metered at the Empire on ramp with a light? Could that be causing the backup.
    The pre-Empire backup (going back down to Denver) is almost always caused by that traffic light at the beginning of town, not the I-70 metering.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Abasin had folks parking on the road today instead of the lower pullout lots. Weird, some cars were even blocking one lane and there were cones behind one car where the lane was blocked. It was on both sides of the road too. Ended up slowing down traffic a decent amount, especially the hazmat semis. Don't know why they were doing it that way but seemed like a safety hazard.
    What's that sign say......AVALANCHE AREA, NO STOPPING OR STANDING NEXT 3/4 MILE
    "Meh.....I think we're good to park there".
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    we're a couple of posts from the "you're not in traffic" post.
    The wild card this time of year is the old "it's not that bad!" commentary.

"Just ski Breck on a Wednesday afternoon!" , "go to WC/Monarch", "sleep in van", "leave at 5am instead of 6am", etc.

There haven't been epic closures quite yet where it's 6+ hours Vail to Denver. That really gets this place jumpin'

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Nice high horse Foggy!
    Oh if you knew him you would know it isn't very tall

You get to have fun observing the "clones" (love this btw) when you get baked and sit back and watch.

Make sure you get the shot for the 'gram on the tailgate of the Tacoma with the DPS and the micro brew of choice. Bonus point for the buff over the flat brim with the hood up on the puffy.
    Hey don't make fun of Adrenalated

Nice high horse Foggy!
    Honest question, are you should you ain't reading something that ain't there? Many people an insufferable fucks. Some of them live in the mountains, so of them live in the suburbs. I make my life choices, you make yours.

It kinda seems like the us vs. them think is being manufactured by the out of towners. If you ain't a miserable fuck, it don't apply to you. How many people you pull out of the ditch this year? How many jumps starts you given? How much garbage you picked up out of your neighborhood on a Monday morning from the residual party? How much time you volunteer to help lower income kids get skiing?

Everyone is welcome in the mountains. All the people that chose to make this our home ask is that you treat this little corner of the world with a little respect. Life is symbiotic, we all need each other for something.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    What's that sign say......AVALANCHE AREA, NO STOPPING OR STANDING NEXT 3/4 MILE
    "Meh.....I think we're good to park there".
    Yeah, that was another thing that came up. Parked at the bottom of Widowmaker, which has slid across the road many times in the past. I left later in the day after hanging at the bar and there were still cars on the side of the road after dark. I don't know what happened, no one was parked in the other pullouts lower down.

I could tell you a story about a #lowhorse #therealgrandcounty involving a actual mini horse in the highschool for show and tell but I'd get accused of some type of faux mountain coolness something

Honest question, are you should you ain't reading something that ain't there? Many people an insufferable fucks. Some of them live in the mountains, so of them live in the suburbs. I make my life choices, you make yours.

It kinda seems like the us vs. them think is being manufactured by the out of towners. If you ain't a miserable fuck, it don't apply to you. How many people you pull out of the ditch this year? How many jumps starts you given? How much garbage you picked up out of your neighborhood on a Monday morning from the residual party? How much time you volunteer to help lower income kids get skiing?

Everyone is welcome in the mountains. All the people that chose to make this our home ask is that you treat this little corner of the world with a little respect. Life is symbiotic, we all need each other for something.
    He pulled me out of a ditch this year.

He ain't a miserable fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Hey don't make fun of Adrenalated
    I just looked and I have no idea why I can't find a photo of myself matching this description. I guess I'm 'gramming wrong, will fix

Foggy is missing some details though:
    -buys pickup, puts topper on and fills the bed with a platform and a bunch of camping shit that you never use and makes it impossible to use your truck for actual truck things
    -adds lift, winch, and big knobby tires, drives on pavement mostly
    -color matched coozie to jacket
    -latest boutique skis with next level tech binding du jour leaned against truck so everyone can see them

How many people you pull out of the ditch this year? How many jumps starts you given? How much garbage you picked up out of your neighborhood on a Monday morning from the residual party? How much time you volunteer to help lower income kids get skiing?
    Why you keeping score in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    It's funny- the Brits sold off their train/subway system to private companies back in the 80s and now it is one of the most expensive and poorly run train systems in the world. .
    Wait, didn’t NYC just hire a Brit to fix the NYC Metro system?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Why you keeping score in the first place?
    I'm not other than, in real life, I do observe people and pass judgement on their behavior. You remember about a hour a ago you said I say up on a high horse? I'm honestly asking why.

My game in life is I have a ton of compassion and empathy for people that deserve or need it. I have about zero for self entitled selfish fucks who think it is all about them. I really try to act on the interest how I am in person. The only way I know I if I'm doing that is to get feedback. How am I doing?

He pulled me out of a ditch this year.

He ain't a miserable fuck.
    I a Subaru? At the Jane? You buddies are idiots and should have given me a beer.

What makes me laugh is the whole transition from the khakis and button down to getting all mountain-y. I'm super out of touch, but what do these folks look like at Bridger's LAX game down in Highlands Ranch? Are they all mountiain-y all the time or do they flip a switch?
    They definitely wear mom jeans. And spend most of the game staring at their phones.

Or the pic of you in the skin track, looking down at your skis. Or the one of you ripping your skins.

Hilarious take on the suburban/mountain parents. Imagine how much worse it probably is at Vail or Aspen’s pick up/drop off.

I a Subaru? At the Jane? You buddies are idiots and should have given me a beer.
    No. and No.

You wonder what people are "reading into" your posts...then you call them idiots. Mr. compassionate nice guy here.

it's deja vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    No. and No.

You wonder what people are "reading into" your posts...then you call them idiots. Mr. compassionate nice guy here.
    No. They were fucking idiots.

no snow tires...check

didn't know where the recover point was under the the small cover on the bumper...check

didn't know where the eye bolt was that threads in...check

couldn't stop traffic so I could pull them out...check

didn't offer me a beer from there cooler after I pulled them out...check

Is that where is are at? You can't call idiots idiots anymore? When my nephew was about five, he sold me "stupid" was a bad word. Now he is eleven, last time I saw him he said, "yeah, but some people are just stupid". He's starting to get it, do you?

for the record, I have no idea if they were driving to Granby or Lakewood, just that they were idiots. I figured you were their friend is a different car laughing at them, along with me. I guess not, probably just another front ranger taking themselves to seriously up in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    They definitely wear mom jeans. And spend most of the game staring at their phones.
    Hey now... I don't stare at my phone that much.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

How am I doing?
    My feelings are, like, hurt and stuff cause I got stuck in traffic on Saturday.

Some of you non-frontrangers are pretty fucking salty. It's not like many of us want to live in the front range.