Page 269 of 465 FirstFirst ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    There is a big difference from reading road signs proficiently and wanting an interpreter to ensure you're answering questions in a legal setting correctly.

But I should be listening to adrenlate's maxim: never argue with GGS.
    Runaway Truck Ramp. Yes, that is a complicated sign to read (with multiple signs posted over many miles of highway, huge font, bright yellow with flashing yellow lights) and comprehend while driving a truck and holding a CDL.
    Last edited by goldengatestinx; 04-29-2019 at 04:13 PM.

I don't know man, there is a reason most roadsigns have associated images with them for a reason. Crosswalks, school zones, etc.

This is going to come back to the company that hired and saw him fit to drive.
    Live Free or Die

Unless he was misquoted in the news, the driver sent a message to his family saying “God is with me; this is not fair what they’re doing to me“ among other thoughts. None of the thoughts expressed any remorse about killing four people and sending many others to the hospital let alone the property damage and turmoil. Class act. They said he was crying in court and here I thought he was distraught at the thought of killing people, turns out he feels he’s being unjustly held because it was an “accident”

There aint no jobs here pushing cattle
    So I got on part time haulin' gravel
    with some outfit from Seattle
    Down here building custom homes
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Semi fire shut I70 for 2+ hours so far by Georgetown. Been sitting near Silver Plume for that long. Fuuuuuuuck this highway!!!!!!

Vibes yo. Always have touring gear in the car IMO. Beats sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Vibes yo. Always have touring gear in the car IMO. Beats sitting there.
    Yeah, should have done that. Even starting dumping for a half hour. Still haven’t passed GTown 🤦

Didn’t hit a shitshow like this all season. Guess I was due.

That is saying something. Gotta pay the piper.

Brake fire?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

They are detouring everyone off the highway at the GTown exit, then back on. There’s a skeleton of a truck sitting in the middle of the highway, on the bridge. Still smoldering. A chemical fire?

We passed it coming up this afternoon. I70 packed from bottom of GT hill to Bakerville. Looked like a bunch of wood in a box trailer. Kinda smaller stuff if I saw correct, perfect for starting a nice campfire. A lot of smoke but not much fire and crews were there working it.
    Another driver with either bad brakes and/or the inability to use them properly. Fortunately don't think it cost other people their lives this time.
    Welcome home. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, should have done that. Even starting dumping for a half hour. Still haven’t passed GTown

Didn’t hit a shitshow like this all season. Guess I was due.
    You could always hike Berthoud. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    You could always hike Berthoud. Just sayin
    heading east on I-70, stuck at Georgetown, how was he supposed to hike Berthoud?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    heading east on I-70, stuck at Georgetown, how was he supposed to hike Berthoud?
    Herman Gulch to Jones, duh
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Hah, good point. Was thinking people only drive west on I70. Turn around and go to LL pass?

He didn't say how long the hike would be.

Ironically, the other night I saw a tow truck with a boat pulled over in the exact spot of the infamous boat from a few years ago. Don’t know if he was picking it up there or what but gave me a chuckle.

We love you i70, all the way through may.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    We love you i70, all the way through may.

Wow, just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Wow, just brutal.
    Could have been way worse:
    https://www.vaildaily.com/sports/bat...ame-postponed/

Damn frontrangers.

Apparently the truck at Georgetown was hauling wood flooring, and the majority of the load had to be removed before Fire could get water on the source. Front loader had to remove smoldering cargo, dump on the road to be hosed down, then loaded onto dump truck, and still hot spots and smoldering when unloaded.

Maybe they could have peeled the trailer open to get better access, but that call’s above my paygrade.

Greatest impact was due to the fact that the driver stopped on the overpass. Concerns about structural damage to the bridge/water and debris falling on vehicles passing under the bridge forced the re-routing, and the unanticipated extended off-load extended the closure hours beyond the original estimates. Greatest impact to me personally was when my wife called at 5p to ask whether she should stay on the interstate or get off at Bakerville, I said Bakerville adding another hour to what ended up being a 3+ hour commute from Frisco to G-town. I got much worse from her than any caller all day!

CDOT is going to be placing “No Stopping On Bridge “ signs on the overpass, in addition to the signs telling CMV’s with failed brakes not to exit, but inexperienced drivers with failed brakes/trailers on fire don’t read signs, so if we are ever in contact with the driver, we’ll STRONGLY recommend they continue 200 yds east to the chain-up. Unfortunately, if they've already stopped before we receive the call, and already hit the brakes with a fire extinguisher as was the case on this one, that rig isn't going anywhere. We were fortunate to be able to get the driver to separate the cab, or we probably would have had structural damage to the bridge and road surface, and extended the closure for who knows how long?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

The good news is that lumber liquidators is having a big sale on slightly blemished flooring next week

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/1...-traction-law/

Traction laws got beefed up, but not nearly enough IMO. The fine for breaking the traction law should be more expensive than snow tires and the fine for violating the chain law for trucks should be like $10k+.

Also, all rental cars should have dedicated snow tires or 4wd.

^^^ how will they enforce this? Will cop cars pull over any car that looks like it’s 2WD?

Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    One way rentals make up a fair amount of business for rental companies, and is a huge tool for managing fleet size. How should they handle a requirement that all of their vehicles currently in Colorado are required to have snow tires?

Also, do you know what percentage of rental transactions involve travel out of the Denver Metro area, and into the mountain corridor? I don't think anyone does.
    It doesn't require snow tires. Just M/S, M+S. Which is why it is a trash bill. Even the random Costco Michelin all-season tires on my gfs civic have. That's not a high bar to set.