Page 167 of 465 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Never been on that road - is it dirt?
    Yes but well maintained, no washboarding as of a few weeks ago. You could drive it in a Prius.

Hates Indy Pass? How is that possible?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I haven't been on 70 all summer. Sunday I need to drive Pbville>Front Range. Should I just hang out til like 5 pm , or later, then head down? What hours can I expect the clusterfuck?

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    I haven't been on 70 all summer. Sunday I need to drive Pbville>Front Range. Should I just hang out til like 5 pm , or later, then head down? What hours can I expect the clusterfuck?
    You'll probably want to drive Mosquito pass> 285> Denver. Much faster.

Anything after dinner time this weekend should be fine.

I'm calling an anomaly too- I think with the eclipse, enough people will be heading north that it'll take pressure off I-70 on Sunday. Yeah, wishful thinking since I'll be coming back from Eagle Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Anything after dinner time this weekend should be fine.

I'm calling an anomaly too- I think with the eclipse, enough people will be heading north that it'll take pressure off I-70 on Sunday. Yeah, wishful thinking since I'll be coming back from Eagle Sunday night.
    We can only hope. Another factor is that kids in other states are starting to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I know, gorgeous drive. No commercial development for 40 miles and one of the nicest entrances to any mountain town.
    If she's afraid of heights, she'll be on the inside the whole way over.

Or just make sure she keeps her head below the dash.

No love for Hagermans Pass. At least you'll avoid campers

Aaaaaand here we go with the semis:
    http://www.vaildaily.com/news/semi-d...ampaign=buffer

parts of that pass definitely feel tight in a full sized truck. Can't imagine trying to get a semi over it.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Aaaaaand here we go with the semis:
    http://www.vaildaily.com/news/semi-d...ampaign=buffer

parts of that pass definitely feel tight in a full sized truck. Can't imagine trying to get a semi over it.
    just got to have the right attitude

"She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Been considering a cattle guard but that might work better.

Reminds me of sftc's story of his trip over Sonora Pass in a UHaul.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Agree!!! She just gets nervous on the drop offs and then that section on the west side where it goes down to almost a single lane. Whatever, she can deal.

We can only hope. Another factor is that kids in other states are starting to go back to school.
    And Denver Public Schools start Monday.

And Denver Public Schools start Monday.
    Yeah...that's the trigger for all the old fucks who despite the fact that they can barely drive a wheelchair think that because they have a DL they're qualified to drive an RV bigger than the fucking Titanic.

Fun times.
    The Sheriff is near!

Agree!!! She just gets nervous on the drop offs and then that section on the west side where it goes down to almost a single lane. Whatever, she can deal.
    I think Indy pass is a lot less sketchy than Loveland pass

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I think Indy pass is a lot less sketchy than Loveland pass
    Agree, and somehow she's ok with Loveland. Women

I bet she fucking hates Red Mountain. My mom almost cried the first time I took her over it lol

Reading this thread is always cathartic. We have our own problems down here in Durango, but at least it isn't 160k cars going through Eisenhower in one weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I bet she fucking hates Red Mountain. My mom almost cried the first time I took her over it lol

Reading this thread is always cathartic. We have our own problems down here in Durango, but at least it isn't 160k cars going through Eisenhower in one weekend
    Actually haven't taken her down there. She hated the above treeline exposure of Mt Evans and Trail Ridge Rd. She doesn't love Loveland Pass but does it. Just something about section of Indy that get her. She'd kill me if I took her on the Alpine Loop

Actually haven't taken her down there. She hated the above treeline exposure of Mt Evans and Trail Ridge Rd. She doesn't love Loveland Pass but does it. Just something about section of Indy that get her. She'd kill me if I took her on the Alpine Loop
    something like Ophir Pass is probably out of the question, eh?

Never been on that road - is it dirt?
    Yeah, low passes below tree line
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Empty 100mL bottle of fireball and one unopened beer found in the cab.
    Officially, a BAC of 0.146
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Interested to know who the contractor was here....

Any further insight into what went wrong. They got lucky.....

They were dragging the girder across the pier to the abutment for deconstruction. The idea being that it would be safer than numerous crane pics in the dense area and you could torch the girders once on the ground. Unfortunately the girder bound at the pier creating a large amount of stress in the very thin old pier, which caused it to collapse. The size difference between the old piers and new piers is striking.

No one got hurt, somehow. There was damage to the rebar in a couple of the new piers which has already been repaired. The train tracks got cleared, and from what I heard no trains were even delayed.

The rest of the girders were planned to be picked by a crane regardless and it has been going well. There is only one more span, the northernmost one, that needs to be removed still.

A friend who is a project manager in the Front Range said they had the same demo contractor using the same methods without problem. However, I don't think their bridge was as old or in as poor of condition.