Page 333 of 465 FirstFirst ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It is pretty weird that state patrol hasn't figured out a way to stop truckers from trying to drive over these passes that they can't make it over. I mean, I know that neither party is known for their genius, but for fuck sake! Screw over every other vehicle on the road because they can't communicate the fact to trucks that they can't go over a tight mountain pass? Why not just some kind of bar that only allows vehicles of a certain height to go past or something.
    um gov't ineptness at it's best
    asking gov't workers to actually do something????? besides waste tax dollars, hire a consultant, or sit around and figure out how there job description doesn't apply to a task
    you can't even get breck cops to go out and direct traffic on the shittiest days of the year because they don't want to
    so now your asking the lazy cdot employee the local sheriff and the state patrol to mitigate traffic
    good luck with that

Fastfred for Gov 2022.

Campaign motto: Do your fucking job or GTFO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ll vote for anyone other than FF

^^Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Apparently there's another fire north of Silverthorne over Ute Pass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4570.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	749.9 KB 
ID:	337229

Name:	3EE5EBF7-761F-4AD2-9370-B0EC31FF037D.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	315.2 KB 
ID:	337235
    East Vail an hour ago.

They are opening Indy pass and “metering” traffic. https://www.vaildaily.com/news/color...ering-traffic/

Musta heard fred was upset.

Sounds like Hanging Lake was saved

At least until the first rainstorm probably.

Name:	5267B728-DB18-43F4-B46D-D9758030D1A2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	864.7 KB 
ID:	337248

Edwards looking west at about 5. That’s awesome that HL and Bair Ranch were spared. Winds have shifted and it’s not as Smokey or camp smelly tonight.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Taken just now from Wildernest neighborhood Silverthorne.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1597528162724_20200815_151739.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	337291  

Ooooof that's not looking good at all. Vibes to you folks up North. I feel your pain after the 416 a few years ago.

Hope the mill and conveyor don't burn or it will devastate the Grand and Clear Creek economies.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

blew up big time in just the past hour
    crazy
    couldn't see it in breck until just now

and I'm running as a write in candidate for summit county commissionaire vote for me free lift tickets for residents is my platform

Can you guarantee bypass covid lift service lottery ?

Definitely feels like it's starting to calm down. Quieter on the weekdays this week and while Saturday was still very busy, today has been mellow around town, which usually seems to translate to mostly front rangers rather than out of state tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Definitely feels like it's starting to calm down. Quieter on the weekdays this week and while Saturday was still very busy, today has been mellow around town, which usually seems to translate to mostly front rangers rather than out of state tourists.
    Gotta be a large chunk of that related to the multiple forest fires and lack of semis on 70?

It's a lot quieter down here in Durango too, finally. First weekend since COVID lock-downs were lifted where you could go downtown and walk around without hundreds of Texas/Arizona/New Mexico plates clogging the streets and families on the sidewalks. Was talking about this with some friends about how stressful this summer season has been. The combination of covid stress, entitled tourists, crazy heat and how it just never seemed to slow down really got to folks in the service industry. I worked a serving gig for a month in between jobs and boy that was eye opening. This summer was very stressful for mountain communities.

I just hope the incoming economic downturn when restaurants can't seat people outside anymore with the changing season doesn't kill off lots of good eateries.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    It's a lot quieter down here in Durango too, finally. First weekend since COVID lock-downs were lifted where you could go downtown and walk around without hundreds of Texas/Arizona/New Mexico plates clogging the streets and families on the sidewalks. Was talking about this with some friends about how stressful this summer season has been. The combination of covid stress, entitled tourists, crazy heat and how it just never seemed to slow down really got to folks in the service industry. I worked a serving gig for a month in between jobs and boy that was eye opening. This summer was very stressful for mountain communities.

I just hope the incoming economic downturn when restaurants can't seat people outside anymore with the changing season doesn't kill off lots of good eateries.
    If it’s a good eatery that has great service and great food, it’ll survive.....the bad ones won’t.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Gotta be a large chunk of that related to the multiple forest fires and lack of semis on 70?
    Nah even this morning coming out of brush creek and seeing 0 cars at the Teocalli trailhead parking stop 9:30am was an assuring sign. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    If it’s a good eatery that has great service and great food, it’ll survive.....the bad ones won’t.

Great food and service help, if it’s run shitty financially it’s as good as done.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Not so familiar with the restaurant industry are you?

Glenwood I70 Open
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I made a Costco run thru the canyon today. Traffic wasn’t bad. Only two lanes for about half.

Still some smoldering hot spots on the south side. North of Grizzly there was still a large smoke plume. Some of the steep slopes above grizzly, are burned right down to the road. This is where there will be lots problems with slides and rockfall.

Came down from Frisco to Denver at 2pm today. Dead stopped traffic WB from tunnel to Georgetown. Lots of people thought they’d leave early and beat the Friday traffic and then became the traffic. Shitshow of campers and trailers.