Page 311 of 465 FirstFirst ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Why not stay down valley? Would be a huge bummer if you missed out on a possible good storm.
    The man said it's not possible! Now leave it alone...

Good point

Marriott came through on the free night!
    Plus late check out on Friday.
    That’ll exhaust my ikon pass for aspen.
    Now I don’t care if I get stuck coming back. The wife will just have to suffer as she will

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Marriott came through on the free night!
    Plus late check out on Friday.
    That’ll exhaust my ikon pass for aspen.
    Now I don’t care if I get stuck coming back. The wife will just have to suffer as she will

This had better not jinx this storm, now.

Also going to be skiing aspen Thursday and Friday so it’s sure to dump in summit

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Also going to be skiing aspen Thursday and Friday so it’s sure to dump in summit
    Taking one for the team. I, personally, thank you for your service...

Storms come through for me. So we’ll be good

Leave now or quit skiing on the weekends, the choice is yours.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    National Weather Service Denver CO
    207 AM MST Wed Feb 5 2020

...Prolonged period of heavy snow and strong winds in the
    north central mountains late tonight through Friday night...

COZ034-052300-
    /O.UPG.KBOU.WS.A.0002.200206T0700Z-200208T0700Z/
    /O.NEW.KBOU.WS.W.0002.200206T1200Z-200208T0700Z/
    The Mountains of Summit County, the Mosquito Range, and the
    Indian Peaks-
    Including the cities of Berthoud Pass, Breckenridge,
    East Slopes Mosquito Range, East Slopes Southern Gore Range,
    Eisenhower Tunnel, Indian Peaks, Kenosha Mountains, Mount Evans,
    Williams Fork Mountains, and Winter Park
    207 AM MST Wed Feb 5 2020

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM THURSDAY TO MIDNIGHT
    MST FRIDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
    feet, heaviest over the higher northwest facing slopes. Winds
    gusting as high as 60 mph over the mountain passes.

* WHERE...The Mountains of Summit County, the Mosquito Range,
    and the Indian Peaks.

* WHEN...From 5 AM Thursday to midnight MST Friday night.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
    Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
    The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
    commute. Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage.
    The cold wind chills as low as 30 below zero could cause
    frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
    your vehicle in case of an emergency.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
    be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

&&

$$

Avalanche Watch
    COZ004-013-031-033-034-061900-

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
    AVALANCHE WATCH
    COLORADO AVALANCHE INFORMATION CENTER
    RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER/BOULDER CO
    550 AM MST WED FEB 05 2020

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE
    COLORADO AVALANCHE INFORMATION CENTER.

Avalanche Watch is in effect for many areas in the Northern
    Mountains.

* TIMING...Dangerous avalanche conditions are expected to develop
    on Thursday.

* AFFECTED AREA...Park Range...the Flat Top Mountains...Medicine Bow
    Mountains...Never Summer Mountains...and the Front Range.

* AVALANCHE DANGER...The avalanche danger rating is expected to
    reach HIGH (Level 4) on Thursday.

* REASON...Heavy snowfall and strong winds will increase the
    avalanche danger. Large avalanches will become very easy to
    trigger. During periods of heavy snowfall avalanches will release
    naturally.

* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Travel in or under avalanche
    terrain is not recommended on Thursday as heavy snow accumulates.
    Plan ahead for rapidly increasing avalanche danger.

Consult www.colorado.gov/avalanche for detailed information.

Lazar

getting to the boat is gonna be a bitch. wish I could leave now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    getting to the boat is gonna be a bitch. wish I could leave now.
    Yup it's gonna suck. Might be worth considering leaving at like 5am Saturday. It's even gonna snow in Kremmling Friday night.

wish I could leave now.
    Given that this sounds like a planned family vacation and you probably has some money invested, what is actually stopping you from leaving Friday AM?

Life is short and you only get one chance. If the answer is a regular day or work and school...fuck that. Critical meetings, important tests...I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Given that this sounds like a planned family vacation and you probably has some money invested, what is actually stopping you from leaving Friday AM?

Life is short and you only get one chance. If the answer is a regular day or work and school...fuck that. Critical meetings, important tests...I get that.
    it is a planned family weekend (our only non-race weekend until April), though we don't have any money invested. school for the kiddo is the barrier. but you make a good point, I will at least discuss with my wife.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I assume for a storm like this, Berthoud Pass will likely be closed often for avalanche mitigation and accidents? Could be 2-3’ up there by Saturday.

"remember that one time when it was a just a regular Friday at school an Mommy said it was important that I went so we spent all night in the car getting to Steamboat. You and Mommy were all pissy at each other and tired so it wasn't even fun" said no kid ever.

Reality of living in the Front Range these days is that most memorable life experiences are going to take three days. Life is 90% suck for most people these days. Don't be a martyr to the system and rob yourself of the 10%.

"remember that one time when it was a just a regular Friday at school an Mommy said it was important that I went so we spent all night in the car getting to Steamboat. You and Mommy were all pissy at each other and tired so it wasn't even fun" said no kid ever.

Reality of living in the Front Range these days is that most memorable life experiences are going to take three days. Life is 90% suck for most people these days. Don't be a martyr to the system and rob yourself of the 10%.
    I hear you, it's good advice. Currently in negotiations re a Thursday night or Friday morning departure.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I assume for a storm like this, Berthoud Pass will likely be closed often for avalanche mitigation and accidents? Could be 2-3’ up there by Saturday.
    I don't know if I buy your forecast but I hope you are right. "Closed often" is subjective but Berthoud does not close too much. Accidents are really quite rare because of the low speed. I think CDOTs twitter is the best source of blasting scheduled. In the last few years extended closures are usually because a slide hit the road and must be cleaned up, safety closures at night to give first responders a break, and resource allocation issues where CDOT prioritizes I70.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I hear you, it's good advice. Currently in negotiations re a Thursday night or Friday morning departure.
    For what it's worth, based on what I know now from having older kids, I wouldn't have worried so much about them missing school when they were younger.

Yesterday my daughter asked if she could skip school because it was a powder day. I was so proud. This is what you have a chance to instill. Oh - and it wasn't really a powder day. My wife and I decided that we would have said yes if it was.

Finally, Steamboat on a weekday powder day is pretty awesome. If ya went up Thursday night, Friday could be spectacular. To Foggy's point above, now THAT is something you guys would remember.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    For what it's worth, based on what I know now from having older kids, I wouldn't have worried so much about them missing school when they were younger.

Yesterday my daughter asked if she could skip school because it was a powder day. I was so proud. This is what you have a chance to instill. Oh - and it wasn't really a powder day. My wife and I decided that we would have said yes if it was.
    Yup - pretty sure my kids' only hooky days have been ski-hooky days... this makes me happy.

Finally, Steamboat on a weekday powder day is pretty awesome. If ya went up Thursday night, Friday could be spectacular. To Foggy's point above, now THAT is something you guys would remember.
    Yeah - just pitch it to the wife as "#makingmemories" - they eat that shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I don't know if I buy your forecast but I hope you are right. "Closed often" is subjective but Berthoud does not close too much. Accidents are really quite rare because of the low speed. I think CDOTs twitter is the best source of blasting scheduled. In the last few years extended closures are usually because a slide hit the road and must be cleaned up, safety closures at night to give first responders a break, and resource allocation issues where CDOT prioritizes I70.
    To add to Foggy's comments, if Berthoud closes for blasting they usually schedule it for daybreak, although now that Gazex and O'Bellx are installed they will occasionally blast midday if they feel it's necessary. Keeping BP open during storms is a very high priority for CDOT as it's the only fast route for medical transport from Grand County to Denver when helicopters can't fly.
    Friends of Berthoud Pass will also post on Facebook/Instagram about closures for blasting if we get enough heads up about them (sometimes do, sometimes don't).

Life is 90% suck for most people these days..
    You live in paradise and your life is 90% suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    antidepressants bro double up

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    "90%" and "suck" are both exaggerations of course. Point being that most of us spend way more time at work, school, cleaning the bathroom, paying bills, cooking dinner and whatever else the mundane grind of everyday life entails than we do skiing powder, getting laid, hanging with your best friends, spending quality time with family or the other rad shit in life that you will remember.

It took me decades of adult life to figure out that routine will always be just that. If a good cup of coffee on way to the office puts a smile on your face, more power to you. I need at least the prospect and dream of the next powder day, sick day flying my paraglider or vacation with my wife to keep a positive attitude.

From what little I know about Danno, he is a hard working family man with a limited about of free time and resources. My attempting to be friendly advice was fuck Lumberg and school for a day, get up to the mountains and try to burn a big ol' powder eating grin onto your face.

Oh paradise...that is where someone else lives. I'm just a carpenter living where it is too cold, doesn't snow enough, gets invaded by Front Rangers on the regular who doesn't earn enough money to make all my dreams come true. Pass the bong Fred...I've got some invoices to exaggerate. I need a new bike.

Pass the bong Fred...I've got some invoices to exaggerate. I need a new bike.
    Price of materials is going up. Tariffs and all. It's all over the news. This stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Price of materials is going up. Tariffs and all. It's all over the news. This stuff happens.
    Fuck me...$490 for a new compressor and $290 to the accountant on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Keeping BP open during storms is a very high priority for CDOT as it's the only fast route for medical transport from Grand County to Denver when helicopters can't fly.
    Huh. That hadn't occurred to me.