Page 279 of 285 FirstFirst ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 7107
  1. #6951
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I've actually never been to Crested Butte in the summer (crazy, I know).
    You are doing it wrong.

  2. #6952
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    As long as everybody continues to use I-70 and 285...


  3. #6953
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    785
    We left CB at 6:30PM yesterday and cruised back to Denver in 4 hours. The key to dealing with summer traffic in CO is enjoying the day in the mountains on Sunday prior to driving back.

  4. #6954
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    That works in the winter also

  5. #6955
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,440
    Yes, people are programmed to be in such to get back before dinner on Sundays.

  6. #6956
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    We left CB at 6:30PM yesterday and cruised back to Denver in 4 hours. The key to dealing with summer traffic in CO is enjoying the day in the mountains on Sunday prior to driving back.
    When it's a day trip the doggo left at home fucks that one up.

  7. #6957
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,127
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    We left CB at 6:30PM yesterday and cruised back to Denver in 4 hours. The key to dealing with summer traffic in CO is enjoying the day in the mountains on Sunday prior to driving back.
    Until that doesn't work. I have stayed late in the mountains in the summer and been caught in horrendous traffic.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  8. #6958
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Until that doesn't work. I have stayed late in the mountains in the summer and been caught in horrendous traffic.
    I’ve also left at noon and had the same thing happen. In the summer, it’s a crapshoot. Fuck I70.

  9. #6959
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Until that doesn't work. I have stayed late in the mountains in the summer and been caught in horrendous traffic.
    It's the price of outdoor recreation in CO and I, for one, will pay.

  10. #6960
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Until that doesn't work. I have stayed late in the mountains in the summer and been caught in horrendous traffic.
    This is the same summer and winter. Better *chance* of avoiding a shitshow... but no guarantee. We avoided the shitshow altogether this past weekend.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sangres9.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	289673

  11. #6961
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,345
    You all could move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  12. #6962
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Agrestic
    Posts
    4,823

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    You all could move.
    If you all move I’m not getting my regular boost of schadenfreude.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #6963
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,609

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    We left CB at 6:30PM yesterday and cruised back to Denver in 4 hours. The key to dealing with summer traffic in CO is enjoying the day in the mountains on Sunday prior to driving back.
    The way I see it is that you might as well enjoy the day and come back late.

    One weekend years ago I was up in Steamboat with a group of friends. My GF and I had a condo and the other crew had a big one with 8 people. I get a panicked call from one of them Sunday at 7:30 AM “Have you seen the snow report 35 inches overnight. Please tell me that you are going to stay and ski? Cause these guys are leaving!!”

    “Hell yeah Im skiing”. I say. DEEEEEP

    The other 7 drove home early so that traffic wouldn’t be bad. WTF!?!?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  14. #6964
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The way I see it is that you might as well enjoy the day and come back late.

    One weekend years ago I was up in Steamboat with a group of friends. My GF and I had a condo and the other crew had a big one with 8 people. I get a panicked call from one of them Sunday at 7:30 AM “Have you seen the snow report 35 inches overnight. Please tell me that you are going to stay and ski? Cause these guys are leaving!!”

    “Hell yeah Im skiing”. I say. DEEEEEP

    The other 7 drove home early so that traffic wouldn’t be bad. WTF!?!?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This didn't happen to be Feb 20, 2012, did it? 'Cause that was a good day.

  15. #6965
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,227
    You are traffic. All of you.

  16. #6966
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,677
    i was starting to think that driving in the mountains wasn't a problem anymore
    since no one was complaining
    the first two weekends in august set the records
    good luck everyone
    I'll be inside my house with the curtains closed and the lights off for the next two to three weeks

  17. #6967
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The way I see it is that you might as well enjoy the day and come back late.

    One weekend years ago I was up in Steamboat with a group of friends. My GF and I had a condo and the other crew had a big one with 8 people. I get a panicked call from one of them Sunday at 7:30 AM “Have you seen the snow report 35 inches overnight. Please tell me that you are going to stay and ski? Cause these guys are leaving!!”

    “Hell yeah Im skiing”. I say. DEEEEEP

    The other 7 drove home early so that traffic wouldn’t be bad. WTF!?!?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I, for one, thank them for their service.

  18. #6968
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    i was starting to think that driving in the mountains wasn't a problem anymore
    since no one was complaining
    the first two weekends in august set the records
    good luck everyone
    I'll be inside my house with the curtains closed and the lights off for the next two to three weeks
    Man... I don't know how you live up there.

  19. #6969
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,227
    Maybe you guys should take up knitting.

  20. #6970
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man... I don't know how you live up there.
    I don't really know where to go with this one.......................
    so much to say

  21. #6971
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Maybe you guys should take up knitting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00358650-02.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	289708

  22. #6972
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I don't really know where to go with this one.......................
    so much to say
    Come on... say it. You know you want to.


  23. #6973
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,609

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This didn't happen to be Feb 20, 2012, did it? 'Cause that was a good day.
    Not 2012. I think 1999 or 2000. February 15th


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  24. #6974
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Not 2012. I think 1999 or 2000. February 15th
    Late Jan through mid-Feb can be a magical time in the Boat...

  25. #6975
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,918
    Google maps is now routing though clear creek canyon from boulder to Vail. I guess we can consider that "secret" route fucked forever.

    Edit: maybe it's just because of traffic on Floyd hill, but I don't remember it doing that before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •