Page 341 of 465 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    WTF. Goddam humans.
    Good ones, too
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

How many times a year does a truck catch fire there? Do these truck catch fire from brakes igniting?

That’d be my guess.
    At least he didn’t just plow into a bunch of cars and blow them up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did he stay off the bridge? Ha.

Just drove through Glenwood Canyon for the first since the fire. Really not bad from a highway viewpoint. A lot of one lane traffic which sucked WB but not EB.
    Shoshone looked prime for a SUP trip for my level but everything closed so would probably have to do a full canyon trip. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Shoshone looked prime for a SUP trip for my level but everything closed so would probably have to do a full canyon trip. Maybe.
    You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You can't.
    Pretty much done for the season, but a guy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How many times a year does a truck catch fire there? Do these truck catch fire from brakes igniting?
    You know you’re getting close to G-town when you can smell the overheated brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

He stopped just past the bridge, which is good. Last time one stopped on the bridge, it fucked things up for hours longer, no traffic on or under bridge till they completed a structural inspection for heat damage. If the bridge ever does get significant damage, it’ll fuck things up hudge for weeks/months.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

There had to be some good clusterfuck stories from today with the snow? Any boats, RVs, trailers littering I70?

the pretty boy in the so cal beemer with bald tires did a couple 360's in front of me on silverthorne hill yesterday afternoon some how he didn't go off the road or hit anyone I just put it in second and watch the show in front of me pretty sure he threw up on his button down shirt

plenty of out of state people pulled over on the side of hwy 9 wondering why there shitty wipers and bald highway tires were making it hard to drive in the slushy mess why do people try???

Nothing devastating, just par for the course from a somewhat unexpected snowstorm on a Sunday catching people off guard. Lots of spinning tires and cold enough temps just made it slick. Saw a CDOT truck just pushing a texas plated vehicle up the last bit of the hill to the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    <snip> why do people try???
    You *have* met people, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    There had to be some good clusterfuck stories from today with the snow? Any boats, RVs, trailers littering I70?
    Someone "fell" out of their vehicle on the CCP before the snow, then 800 9-1-1 calls for the unoccupied jeep slide off at the bottom of hwy 6/LL. (good Samaritan drove them to the G-town visitor center)

East bound, heading up Vail pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201012_201255978.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	343289
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

beater
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Someone "fell" out of their vehicle on the CCP before the snow, then 800 9-1-1 calls for the unoccupied jeep slide off at the bottom of hwy 6/LL. (good Samaritan drove them to the G-town visitor center)
    Saw that jeep while passing by on Loveland Pass. Tilted 45°, barely hanging onto the slope below Rte 6, below the Sisters. Fucking wow.

^prolly an airport rental. One of the people who called it in said they barely made it over the top, and were sliding all over the place before auguring in. No one injured, so that’s good.

Jeeps with shit tires and drivers not the best for snow I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    East bound, heading up Vail pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201012_201255978.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	343289
    Yeah, backup almost made it to main Vail by the end of he day. Frontage Rd helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Yeah, backup almost made it to main Vail by the end of he day. Frontage Rd helps a little.
    Construction? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Construction? WTF?
    We only have tourist season and cone season.

Yep, construction. Killed maybe 20 minutes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I know it was columbus day yesterday and people had the day off, but just way too many people in town for October when none of the leaves are still on the trees.

Stoked on the increased tourism from a business standpoint but god damn we just want a break before it ramps up again in a month haha

Tell ya what, once international borders open back up and Americans can travel again, I bet it'll clear out pretty nice for a while. Seen way too many people here that should probably be eating Gelato in Milan.

yeah what the fuck?
    town is junk show for mid october seems like the communists who run breck aren't even giving up any free parking this fall
    the rental numbers are crushing it right now
    went to the grocery store at 8 oclock the other night and sure as fuck was busy with mostly tourons group shopping
    sunday was entertaining seeing the number of people unable unprepared to drive in shitty weather
    almost at 25 years and I'm trying to figure out if I can keep dealing with stupidity on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Tell ya what, once international borders open back up and Americans can travel again, I bet it'll clear out pretty nice for a while. Seen way too many people here that should probably be eating Gelato in Milan.
    Coconut rum in Cancun.
    Brats in Munich.

I want to blame the tourists, but I wouldn't want CDOT to feel left out. What's worse, closing a road early or not closing it at all?