Page 400 of 464 FirstFirst ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 11600
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's not an hour that civilized people arise, I thought you were civilized.
    I blame my wife... but that's for a different thread.

I turned around in Golden seeing the brake lights on Hwy 58 and CCC at 6:45am. Left the house after a breakfast and a nap at 11am, zero traffic other than 70/US6 merge, front row parking (albeit in Corona), skied from 12p-4p (just in time to see SG shutdown calamity). Black runs were soft and empty, trees are starting to fill in, sky was bluebird. 90 minutes back down was mostly Empire to Idaho Springs volume.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Breck was nice yesterday, a bit windy up high, but good recycled wind buffed pow on horseshoe and contest, the reconstructed ACL held up well. Drove from Highlands ranch to Breck in 1:45, left around 5:45am, skied till 1pm, home at 3pm. Pretty darn good day.

I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?
    https://abc7.com/teens-drive-big-rig...ucks/11483898/
    U.S. to let teens drive big rigs in test program to help ease supply chain shortage

“But safety advocates say the program runs counter to data showing that younger drivers get in more crashes than older ones. They say it's unwise to let teenage drivers be responsible for rigs that can weigh 80,000 pounds and cause catastrophic damage when they hit lighter vehicles.”

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    U.S. to let teens drive big rigs in test program to help ease supply chain shortage

“But safety advocates say the program runs counter to data showing that younger drivers get in more crashes than older ones. They say it's unwise to let teenage drivers be responsible for rigs that can weigh 80,000 pounds and cause catastrophic damage when they hit lighter vehicles.”
    There really needs to be a graduated license where these kids can learn to drive on flat, dry, uncrowded roads to start, then gain certifications for driving at night, in traffic/cities, and of course in the mountains. Of course I'm sure that would be far too cost prohibitive for the industry.

Shipping has been fucked lately though. I've been getting regular freight deliveries a few times a week for over a decade and have never seen it this bad.

But we need that cheap plastic crap delivered into our veins. If only we could get by with less.

Easy for you to say…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post

Fuck, we are getting stupider and stupider as a nation. WTF!

No worries, the whole world is getting more stupid. Has nothing to do with borders.

just want to chime in and say I drove to denver twice this week and it was smooth sailing up and down both days
    simply amazing not sure what all these traffic problems are

state troopers were looking for someone today was doing 78 at the bottom of gtown hill and the cop didn't pull me over on my way back he was still sitting in the same place k9 on the side of his suv another state patrol k9 unit was further up the road towards the tunnel

For those who have paid attention, how has Friday afternoon/evening traffic going west been? Heading to steamboat tomorrow and haven't been a weekend 70 warrior in ages.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

For those who have paid attention, how has Friday afternoon/evening traffic going west been? Heading to steamboat tomorrow and haven't been a weekend 70 warrior in ages.
    You should leave now
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

We're planning to leave before noon to go to Copper for the weekend... so...

It's been horrible. Last Friday night was especially horrible. Consider Hwy 14.

Leave now

You’ll have plenty of time to post on TGR with live updates.
    I drive up to steamboat last Saturday morning and it wasn’t bad at all. Ikon blackout apparently.

I knew I could count on TGR for the solid advice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Honestly, it's been really crowded this week. I attribute it to latecomers on the MLK weekend train hanging over or coming in later.

With no snow, I suspect, and would bet, that tomorrow mid day will be a complete breeze going WB.

You can even bring the boat and camper.

My 2C.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    state troopers were looking for someone today was doing 78 at the bottom of gtown hill and the cop didn't pull me over on my way back he was still sitting in the same place k9 on the side of his suv another state patrol k9 unit was further up the road towards the tunnel
    Yesterday around 3p they had what looked like a white SUV pulled over at the Eisenhower, all doors open, 6 CSP cars and the K9 unit. Someone got served and protected, no lube.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yesterday around 3p they had what looked like a white SUV pulled over at the Eisenhower, all doors open, 6 CSP cars and the K9 unit. Someone got served and protected, no lube.
    Can I give them a card? Lemme guess, the daily article will read, with full consent search.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Seems like CSP has figured out there’s a bunch of drugs being run along I-70.

Danno should have left already; I predict the fuckening for this afternoon/evening with snow in the forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Seems like CSP has figured out there’s a bunch of drugs being run along I-70.

Danno should have left already; I predict the fuckening for this afternoon/evening with snow in the forecast.
    So are you saying that Danno is a drug runner?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    took them all day
    they were there before 9 and still sitting around at 1

I thought mesa county got all the drug runners at the door seems like they don't have much crime there so the sheriff hangs out on i70 day after day
    reminds me of a joke "why don't goverment workers look out the window in the morning?" "they wouldn't have anything to do all afternoon"

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    <snip>

I thought mesa county got all the drug runners at the door
    I thought Utah nabbed them all?

I knew I could count on TGR for the solid advice.
    Left for Aspen last weekend at 2:30. Was going fine till a crash on the silverthorne side of the tunnel. Hour delay. We bailed over the pass but traffic in silverthorne slowed us down as much as the 70 closure.

I think leaving early PM should be ok as long as there aren’t accidents.

Cue hysterical laughter…