Page 1 of 464 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

All I70 obs, bitching, solutions, pics, etc....throw em up in this bad boy. GO.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    All I70 obs, bitching, solutions, pics, etc....throw em up in this bad boy. GO.....
    Solution?

#1 Avoid it during problematic times.
    #2 Eliminate the Epic Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    Solution?

BREAKING NEWS:
    I-70 is a shitshow in the summer too.

They seem to shut down Vail Pass if more then in years past, being that people can't make it over VP without getting suck,crashing,and basicly driving like fucktards what makes them think they can fuck up my commute by going around via 24/91? I think tonight I need to start running them off the road on Battle Mountain. Not you Montana!
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Last time I did the 24/91 alt route there were so many fucktards with Cali plates who were burning up there bald tires going 3mph with the pedal to the metal! It was shitty and took 2 hours. Never again. I will always just wait now.

I go the back way if it's closed...always. It's an extra 45 minutes and you can always find a spot to pass the slow ones. Despite all the back and forth I do, I've only been forced to go around 2 or 3 times. I did have to stop at CMSummits house once for an hour or so due a wreck in 10 mile canyon. (knock on wood)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

CO Weather Discussion is already Montanaskier’s butthurt blog.
    Shoot, Rontele called it on the OP.
    Now you have two butthurt threads !

Reserving my spot for tomorrow morning
    stay outta my line

I'm not butthurt about I70
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I am not here to bitch about I70 but to PRAISE her. Earlier today I was half-assedly working while getting occasional CDOT updates about stop n go traffic and hour delays. My plan was to leave at noon and do an afternoon tour of Bert. All gear was in the rig. But the I70 shitshow gave me pause and so I took a nap and listened to the Jesus and Mary Chain instead.

Had I70 flowed properly, I would now be stuck in this shit. . .

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/0...berthoud-pass/

I must give the lady credit where credit is due. I will not be sitting in my car for 4 hours waiting for snowplows, or looking for some overpriced shitbox motel in Granby because of I-70.

God Bless You I-70.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Floyd hill is a shitshow currently and we are now moving nicely at the twin tunnels on our way up to vail

I feel like a whole ton of fuckwads moved here this past year bc I70 is a complete mess anytime it snows. Winter tires and AWD you idiots!!

I live west of Vail Pass, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I-70 is amazing! Wait, I just turned this into yet another mountain town vs. city brewhaha that flares up like a herpes outbreak every few weeks or so. So sue me.

Here's one: CO has more natural gas coming out it's ass than just about anywhere...
    If thee almighties in A$$$$pain & Vile can heat their driveways & streets, why can't CO tax the hell outta gas Co's & heat I-70 where it counts?

.......... Oh, wait!..... nevermind
    "Impulsive? No! I'm RE-pulsive!"

Does this count?

Does your car beep?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Berthoud-Pass

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    Solution?

#3 Summary execution for truckers who fail to put on chains when required. Same fate for their families if their truck ends up disabled for whatever reason.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The fine for trucks or cars should be substantial
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Shit got clogged way earlier than normal. Denver is waking up earlier. Morrison by 530 now, I guess.

Jackknifed semi by Silverplume... You just have to laugh. Westbound closed...What a clusterfuck.

How does that chain law work for 2wd cars. Coming from 9-15 and excited to clog your roads!
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    How does that chain law work for 2wd cars. Coming from 9-15 and excited to clog your roads!

You are required to chain smoke blunts while on I-70, if your drive tires have tread you shall also be required to do burn outs until your tread is gone before proceeding.

Fuck that shit. I went back home. Over an hour to get to Idaho Springs @ 7am, then find out the highway is closed due to a jackknife truck @ Silverplume. I got better things to do than sit for hours. Hello 1040 form.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Fuck that shit. I went back home. Over an hour to get to Idaho Springs @ 7am, then find out the highway is closed due to a jackknife truck @ Silverplume. I got better things to do than sit for hours. Hello 1040 form.
    Left downtown at 5:55am, just got to LL at 7:45. Shoulda known what was ahead when the line up of cars to get onto 70 from 6th ave was a cluster fuck a mile from the exit.

The silverplume closure had no effect on me. Almost went to WP instead but 70 opened up after US40 and the accident was cleared by the time I got up there.

Yeah, opened up just before 40. Cruised at 40-60mph the rest of the way. Wasn't as bad as it looked.

You do it to yourselves.