Page 293 of 465 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Like what?
    LIKE THE I-70 BITCH THREAD TURNS TO ENTERTAINMENT!!! HAHAH

I don't think people realize how few people there are. If you aren't used to seeing your co-workers, neighbors, etc. at the grocery store, it can be weird at first. Then you see them 15 minutes later at the restaurant and it gets weirder, then you see them a few hours later at the bar and it's like, 'WTF?'.

Next, you get in to the town gossip realm and that shit can get real, real fast......

...between us girls....

Once you are ingrained in the Boulder bubble you really can't ever leave.

Real housewives of Eagle Ranch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Residential. We had the land (in Eagle Ranch), but were lied to multiple times by contractors in the Vail Valley. My guess is that they're not used to people telling them no when they present unrealistic bids and lie about pricing and costs. All is good though, I'm perfectly happy living in Niwot and it gives us a reason to travel even more than before.
    Hit me up for a brew I’m in Longmont.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

What kind of gossip is there in Eagle Colorado?
    Other complaints against Kobe Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Eagle can be very clicky like a High School community for adults. The people there are def in a bubble and it's like new school vs. old school vs. really old school. Then there's this dumb way of thinking by some who live there that have an 'Up Valley vs. Down Valley' mentality (which is just nuts). Also, my belief is that many people who live in that area, who are in to the outdoors, just simply think that they are the best at their sport and everyone else is a gaper. This is probably because the typical Eagle Ranch family, for example, seems like a power couple who is competitive as fuck - in life, in line at City Market, at the round-about, on the bike trail and with their neighbors.
    HBM hits the nail on the head. We’ve looked at Eagle for a long time. On paper it works out. Cheaper housing, nicer weather, good trail access etc.. But the culture over there is a little weird. I even know multiple builders over there who’d be willing to help us do whatever we want. We have looked at houses and lots in ER. But the wife won’t have it. And I’m pretty happy she put up the resistance.

FWIW though, we’ve been flying out of the Eagle airport lately and it is the shit. They basically opened the airport for our flight. No lines. Show up 30 mins before the flight. Not really that much more expensive and we avoid I70 to Denver altogether. Free parking too.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

How long were you there before moving back to Niwot? It’s really really hard to leave a place you’re happy in. Getting rooted in a new location takes a lot of hard work, dedication and persistance. My wife is finally feeling ‘ok’ after our big move, but there’s still a lot of ups and downs. It’ll be a while before we’re as happy as we were in Denver.

Fuck me back to roads
    Mountain town living sucks balls some good views posted above small town living at its worst
    so I just let this girl I barely now drive my car since I was too hi through 2 ft of slushy wet snow so she can go ski some where special this weekend at least she looked sexy driving a manual

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

People who live in the mountains really really want to and give up a lot for it. It's not for everyone. No shame in trying it out and finding something that suits you better. Nobody likes the jaded local who should have moved away years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I70 closed Westbound for the day due to rockslide. Sounds like a shitshow.

I-70 closed in both directions at MP 236 for rock slide mitigation. A slide overnight blocked the right lane westbound. Apparently CDOT is worried more could come down, and currently no ETA to re-open.

Mountain living is tits when rock slides prevent front rangers from getting into the mountain corridor. Tuesday at Loveland felt like a flashback from a decade ago, on an off-holiday.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6817.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	304143
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6818.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	348.3 KB 
ID:	304144

Name:	IMG_6819.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	304145

We’ve lived in Georgetown for 11 years, and I can walk to work. I spent my first 10 years out of high school commuting from NJ/southern NY State to mid-town Manhattan through the 80’s. I earned this, and am ok with occasionally being land-locked. I save a fortune over the 500 mile round-trip commute to Killington I used to drive every weekend, lower vehicle maintenance, stress, and infinitely better skiing.

We run into locals a lot, which I don’t necessarily see as a downside. I work for the Sheriff’s Office, and between the locals and the never-ending stream of knit-wits on the interstate, probably have job security for as long as I want to continue making other people’s problems my own.

We lived in Waitsfield, VT for 4 years before the move to GT, so tested the water before diving in. GT has a little less to offer than Waitsfield, but is several hours closer to a major city, and is one of the least ski-town-y ski towns (proximity-wise) in the front range. Over-priced, yes but not as bad as the west side of the divide.

Wife is currently commuting to Frisco, but looking in Clear Creek so she won’t have to compete with the world’s least prepared drivers for winter conditions.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 11-29-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I can back up the Loveland experience today. Absolutely amazing to see it that empty - and solid conditions made for a great morning.

Just drove Dam Road from Dillon to Frisco. It was a solid line of cars from start to finish going the other way. Silverthorne is about to be a gong show. Everybody trying to get around the Frisco 70 closure, but nowhere to go once they get to the other side...
    Last edited by RonMexico; 11-29-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

never-ending stream of knit-wits on the interstate,
    Wife is currently commuting to Frisco.

I squeaked past the rock slide before they shut down 70. Early worm and all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Fuck off. She at least plans ahead, packs a bag, and has co-workers she can stay with. She also drives an appropriate vehicle with appropriate tires, and generally doesn’t drive like she’s trying to score a spot in the front row.

Sorry, I just spent 12 hours apologizing for and explaining a situation I have no control over, so I might come off a little salty.

Fuck people are persistent about their need to meet friends at Winter Park! Resources were stretched thin enough without having to rescue the people who followed their GPS up Squaw Pass and down the switchbacks of Little Bear, or over to Central City and Down Two Brothers in 2wd rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Fuck off. She at least plans ahead, packs a bag, and has co-workers she can stay with. She also drives an appropriate vehicle with appropriate tires, and generally doesn’t drive like she’s trying to score a spot in the front row.

Sorry, I just spent 12 hours apologizing for and explaining a situation I have no control over, so I might come off a little salty.

Fuck people are persistent about their need to meet friends at Winter Park! Resources were stretched thin enough without having to rescue the people who followed their GPS up Squaw Pass and down the switchbacks of Little Bear, or over to Central City and Down Two Brothers in 2wd rentals.
    Jersey local PPS

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Jersey local PPS
    Core AF following the GPS off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What kind of gossip is there in Eagle Colorado?
    Other complaints against Kobe Bryant?
    Key parties?

heard it was nothing short of carnage driving from breck to south park on friday
    3-5 hour commutes that should have taken a half hour
    trucks with no chains, traffic stopped for hours at a time
    people blindly following their gps without a thought to where it was taking them

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    heard it was nothing short of carnage driving from breck to south park on friday
    3-5 hour commutes that should have taken a half hour
    trucks with no chains, traffic stopped for hours at a time
    people blindly following their gps without a thought to where it was taking them
    did it in reverse on saturday, it was exciting to say the least!

8am been stopped long time east of tunnel.... wtf?

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	680.5 KB 
ID:	304578
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Was lightly snowing in summit. Who knows!

I just passed you heading EB. Looked like a totalled 4runner on the west side getting loaded on a tow truck.

Currently on a detour on Floyd Hill. Some big potholes in the EB right lane on the overpass.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Some big potholes in the EB right lane on the overpass.
    Those were big boys on Sunday.