Page 251 of 465 FirstFirst ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 11610
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misery.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	269246

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My friend said it took her a half hour at 3pm yesterday to get out of the ABasin parking lot, to just get onto 6. Then an hour to the top of Loveland Pass. W...T...F....
    Can confirm. Left A Basin at 3PM. Got to I-70 at 4:40PM. Got back to the crib in Wheat Ridge at 6PM.

Yeah, I've been so strategic lately I got cocky... I was reminded quickly that you can't just head back to Denver in the afternoon.

I now ski more outside of CO on Mountain Collective pass than in CO. It's fucking sad. So far, on my 3 trips skiing in CO this year, I-70 closed twice and I had a 3-hr drive home from A Basin. Heading to Taos this weekend... not much more time spent in the truck than driving up to A Basin!

i prefer colllapsable ski poles I make them as small as I can then stuff them in my ass for the ride up to the ski area

usually my houseboy has my skis waxed as well as my one piece bogner fart suit ironed and errated all I do is park the truck in the garage have him help get me ready and then I walk out the door and onto a lift and ski no need for a rack

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Who in their right mind would leave the mountains to go home at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon? They're just asking for misery.
    I did. We had 2 kids with us, race finished at Vail, and Google showed a 3 hour drive home. Figured getting home at 6 was preferable to going somewhere, spending money, getting home much later, all in the hopes (but no guarantee) of spending less than 3 hours in the car.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Imagine loose skis inside a car during a wreck.

Get a box.
    ^^^ this ^^^

If money or logictics mandate a rack, at least get binding covers ferchrissakes.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

PSA

there is a harbor freight looking snowmobile trailer sitting east bound just past officer's gulch it has a tow tag on it so I'd get out there and retrieve the gem before it gets hauled off

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    PSA

there is a harbor freight looking snowmobile trailer sitting east bound just past officer's gulch it has a tow tag on it so I'd get out there and retrieve the gem before it gets hauled off
    Saw it this evening. I'll pass.

what happens if you cruise the HOV lane to Denper with out of state plates?? any bills come? e470
    i laugh at your pink envelopes
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    what happens if you cruise the HOV lane to Denper with out of state plates?? any bills come? e470
    i laugh at your pink envelopes
    Get some of that fake spray on snow like people put on xmas trees and cover your plates. Win!

Dear Ullr,
    If you could make it DUMP the hardest from about noon Friday thru Saturday morning and close I70 multiple times, that would be great. Please provide the maggots the foresight to plan their drive accordingly and the fortune of arriving at their destination in a timely manner. All other Frangers can SUFFER THE PAIN.

Sincerely,
    The Locals
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Dear Ullr,
    If you could make it DUMP the hardest from about noon Friday thru Saturday morning and close I70 multiple times, that would be great. Please provide the maggots the foresight to plan their drive accordingly and the fortune of arriving at their destination in a timely manner. All other Frangers can SUFFER THE PAIN.

Sincerely,
    The Locals
    FWIW, Vail and Beaver Creek are blacked out this weekend.... which means Keystone, Breck, and A-Basin should be super EPIC(TM).

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    FWIW, Vail and Beaver Creek are blacked out this weekend.... which means Keystone, Breck, and A-Basin should be super EPIC(TM).
    Once parked, I'm banking on ABasin being somewhat manageable. It's a holiday weekend, so we shall see.
    Old's Cool.

They’ll be parking people in Summit Cove and bussing up.

Once parked, I'm banking on ABasin being somewhat manageable. It's a holiday weekend, so we shall see.
    Quite possible. It is amazing how the new lift and terrain has really spread folks out. Take a few hikes up EW or out the gullies to extend the runs anyway.

They’ll be parking people in Summit Cove and bussing up.
    Could be a 'perfect shitstorm' type of weekend.
    Storm/snow + holiday weekend + Vail/BC blackout + more traffic this season than ever before at ABasin = ?
    Old's Cool.

Could be a 'perfect shitstorm' type of weekend.
    Storm/snow + holiday weekend + Vail/BC blackout + more traffic this season than ever before at ABasin = ?
    Epic Keystone-Abasin pass is blacked out on 16/17 both locations

Epic Summit Value is blacked out at Breck on 16/17

Epic Local is blacked out at Vail/BC on 16/17

Full Epic = no blackouts

Ikon Base = no blackouts at Copper/WP
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

copper/ wp will probably be insane. if anyone goes let us know how the basin is on saturday! that may help make my decision on where i ski sunday

Maybe everyone will go storm chasing to CB. Brace yourself down there.

Hopefully everyone goes to Eldora. That place rules.

Maybe everyone will go storm chasing to CB. Brace yourself down there.
    That's what I'm doing. Can't be worse than Summit (I'm hoping/assuming)...

Problem is with these multi-mtn passes, everyone goes everywhere. That said, everyone should just go to Breck.

Best ski day I ever had at Abasin when I was doing the front range thing was a 15" report and I 70 closed all morning due to a gnarly wreck. We had ski on chairs until after noon... I think it was 12 years ago and was on either this or MLK weekend, but probably President's Day weekend.

It was really fun sending the same lines for 3-4 runs then moving to the next one knowing you could just move over an inch and avoid your own bomb hole.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Doesn't the law of averages hold that on some random day, everyone but you will choose to go somewhere else and you'll have the entire mountain to yourself?

Can't wait till it's my turn.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Doesn't the law of averages hold that on some random day, everyone but you will choose to go somewhere else and you'll have the entire mountain to yourself?

It’s actually not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post

I think that last happened in 1995