Page 380 of 465 FirstFirst ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 11607
    Well the did leave a front end loader there for them to dig themselves out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Multiple car sized rocks on the lower deck... may be repairing it into the winter!?
    9News just quoted CDOT as saying that the goal is to have it fully repaired by "the winter ski season"....so maybe open by November? Maybe?

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    9News just quoted CDOT as saying that the goal is to have it fully repaired by "the winter ski season"....so maybe open by November? Maybe?
    Does this mean less truck traffic between Denver and Silverthorne? Do they all reroute north to I80 and those that need to deliver to towns in CO drop down from there, instead of taking the current detour?

Crazy shit:

Name:  IMG_1041.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  330.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1042.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  283.9 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	919.0 KB 
ID:	381325

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...er-declaration

Scroll down part of the page and there is a 3+ minute drone footage vid.
    Yeah, it’s gonna be a bit. And what is all that material going to do to the river? Brutal.

Folks are already talking about 1st descents once the flows come up. Should be interesting.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...er-declaration

Scroll down part of the page and there is a 3+ minute drone footage vid.
    Yeah, it’s gonna be a bit. And what is all that material going to do to the river? Brutal.
    That drone footage is unreal.

Gonna be a helluva dogleg or two. And more than a few sharks.

Looks like the deck is post-tensioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Looks like the deck is post-tensioned?

I believe so. Looks like it.

Now I70 is closed near Georgetown due to a rockslide.

So can we all just say that we hope all this moisture sticks around for winter?

I wonder when increasing the number of alternate routes by paving/maintaining some of the back roads becomes a real discussion for CDOT and the feds, rather than constantly battling this road through the canyon every fucking year.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    So can we all just say that we hope all this moisture sticks around for winter?

I wonder when increasing the number of alternate routes by paving/maintaining some of the back roads becomes a real discussion for CDOT and the feds, rather than constantly battling this road through the canyon every fucking year.
    Watch, this winter will be dry as a bone.

Seems like maintaining alternate routes would be really smart at this time. That’s why CDOT probably won’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Seems like maintaining alternate routes would be really smart at this time. That’s why CDOT probably won’t do it.
    You shut your whore mouth! It's gonna dump! God damn I need a good snow year this season.

I've lost count of how many times that Glenwood has been closed for significant amounts of time due to some kind of natural catastrophe since I moved out here. And the times in between those catastrophes, the damn road is always under construction. I know it was considered a marvel of engineering in its day, but at what point do they give up and come up with a better solution? That's basically the story of the entire I70 corridor though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You shut your whore mouth! It's gonna dump! God damn I need a good snow year this season.

I've lost count of how many times that Glenwood has been closed for significant amounts of time due to some kind of natural catastrophe since I moved out here. And the times in between those catastrophes, the damn road is always under construction. I know it was considered a marvel of engineering in its day, but at what point do they give up and come up with a better solution? That's basically the story of the entire I70 corridor though I guess.
    It'll eventually have a *lot* more tunnels. Lots and lots of long tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It'll eventually have a *lot* more tunnels. Lots and lots of long tunnels.
    That would be my guess. There is already too much infrastructure invested in the current path and where would this reroute go? Locals in places like Cottonwood Pass and Meeker and Steamboat will raise holy hell if they try and put an interstate through their backyards. And absorbing an interstates worth of traffic through local alternative routes would put most communities west of the tunnel in a shit fit if they had to do that all year long. Look at the complaints from communities on the current detour already. And many local alternatives are county roads, like Cottonwood Pass, and the state can't force them to improve it or do anything to it, it's up to the counties.

I don't really see what the big deal is with a couple weeks closure, not much happening west of Gypsum these days anyways.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That drone footage gives you a great perspective of the rise up to the Flat Tops. You sure aren’t rerouting it up Coffee Pot !

Just build the monorail already…
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 08-03-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Call Elon! He can Bore a Hyperloop to solve this!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

I'm all for CDOT bashing when warranted, but I'm going to cite conversation #436 (TABOR) from this thread, and point out that budgetary constraints are not insignificant here. Our infrastructure is crumbling, and CDOT simply doesn't have the money to fix it all and upgrade the other options.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm all for CDOT bashing when warranted, but I'm going to cite conversation #436 (TABOR) from this thread, and point out that budgetary constraints are not insignificant here. Our infrastructure is crumbling, and CDOT simply doesn't have the money to fix it all and upgrade the other options.
    Well technically interstate highways are also funded by the highway trust fund which gets it money from federal gas tax.

Cdot management is why people hate government they have bought millions of dollars worth of cars and equipment built lots of office space and garages in the past few years but can't patch any potholes between Frisco and breck someone even took the liberty to spray paint one last summer "fix me" dbag extrodinare hinkelopper put some dip shit in charge of cdot a few years ago whose main purpose was to sell our highways to private companies he had no experience w roads at all luckily he was kicked to th he curb

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Cdot management is why people hate government they have bought millions of dollars worth of cars and equipment built lots of office space and garages in the past few years but can't patch any potholes between Frisco and breck someone even took the liberty to spray paint one last summer "fix me" dbag extrodinare hinkelopper put some dip shit in charge of cdot a few years ago whose main purpose was to sell our highways to private companies he had no experience w roads at all luckily he was kicked to th he curb

Punctuation is fun!

I’m thinking avalanche tunnel-like tunnels for the bad spots. The mudslides would pour over the road and into the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Call Elon! He can Bore a Hyperloop to solve this!
    Have they done it through any real rock yet...

RE: Budget.. It's finally infrastructure week and we can absorb 1/4 of all new spending just in I 70 west of Eisenhower.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

285 in park county closed for construction
    50 closures fir construction on and off
    70 closed for 6 months
    Pretty ugly
    Watched people go agro in silverthorne today including a semi

Colorado =winning

There have been a lot of road rage calls this summer. But honestly not sure if any different from any other year, but this has been the worse summer for our local traffic in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    There have been a lot of road rage calls this summer. But honestly not sure if any different from any other year, but this has been the worse summer for our local traffic in quite some time.
    We’ve seen a steady increase of people brandishing weapons driving, but last week got our first shots fired. Something folks might want to keep in mind before their next brake-check; a lot of people have short fuses lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

We need a new thread called "OFFICIAL I70 WAR THREAD".