Page 215 of 465 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 11610
    Just fucking around. I hope to be joining the camping trailer party in 2019.

This thread has been on repeat for years. What comes after the "trucks and campers suck!" talk? I think it's either $25 tolls or an alternate route over Rollins or Georgia Pass.

Oh, and on my same trip, I got off at Vail and go under to the main Vail roundabout. The SUV* in front of me takes a SHARP right out of the roundabout onto the EB OFFramp, in the dark. Did not see a u-turn, and I sure wasn't gonna stop to see what happened.

*crossovers are neither sport, nor utility, and barely worthwhile vehicles. Beware of drivers choosing crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ban semis, trailers, RVs, the works.
    SUVs and pickups only.
    #makeI70greatagain
    Ban all foreign automobiles! Merican made ONLY!!!

This thread has been on repeat for years. What comes after the "trucks and campers suck!" talk? I think it's either $25 tolls or an alternate route over Rollins or Georgia Pass.
    It's just like the next track on your favorite guilty pleasure album. Or the cd that is stuck in the cd player and you haven't bothered to get it fixed.

No, first comes the fuck TABOR discussion.

Why wait do it now. 2018!!!! The economy will be in the shitter by 2019. Think about all the travel trailers vans and rv s you will be able to pick up on the cheap next year

And on top of that gas will be five bucks a gallon and you won't have to worry about the slowing down i 70

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This was a new one for me, albeit on 285.

These twatwads blocked the left lane well prior to the merge eastbound just after Crow Hill. All so they could make sure they were right next to their buddy for the remaining few miles into Conifer. Heaven forbid they alternate at the merge and have a whole car between them. Took this after sitting behind the dude for 5+ minutes as they were chit-chatting between their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Why wait do it now. 2018!!!! The economy will be in the shitter by 2019. Think about all the travel trailers vans and rv s you will be able to pick up on the cheap next year

And on top of that gas will be five bucks a gallon and you won't have to worry about the slowing down i 70

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    We've been driving in PNW and B.C. gas has been $3.30 and about $6.00 respectively up there. 10 mpg sucks but #vanlife yo

Is there anything better than having a quiet day hiking and then driving back at 5 to Denver and laughing at the endless line stopped vehicles on I70 from Floyd Hill to Evergreen?

Ban semis, trailers, RVs, the works.
    SUVs and pickups only.
    #makeI70greatagain
    Howz about self-driving cars only?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is there anything better than having a quiet day hiking and then driving back at 5 to Denver and laughing at the endless line stopped vehicles on I70 from Floyd Hill to Evergreen?
    Yes. Not driving back to Denver.

Rode eagle today (picked up
    My new bike. Naturally I-70
    Is closed is closed EB at Bakerville . I am thinking fatality...re routed to the frontage road. I’ll never understand summer accidents in dry roads.

People drive like idiots because "its dry roads it's fine".

Last week I was westbound about 4 minutes after the crash down by Denver, prior to any emergency vehicles arriving. Saw the young kid getting CPR and a bunch of people covered in blood. An atrocity no doubt caused by reckless driving.

Driving I70 is one of the greatest practices in mindfulness to me now. I try to zen out to a podcast and not get irrate when someone cuts in front of me because there is a reasonable gap between myself and the car in front of me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1534464216.715852.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	244299

Eastbound 70 is fucked. Thanks for the welcome back Coloradbro.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1534464216.715852.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	244299

Eastbound 70 is fucked. Thanks for the welcome back Coloradbro.
    WTF are those abominations on that plate?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    ... and not get irrate when someone cuts in front of me because there is a reasonable gap between myself and the car in front of me.
    ^^^ This ^^^

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I’ve been in Boston a lot this summer and I laugh at this thread after a few days of driving around this shitshow. I70 is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’ve been in Boston a lot this summer and I laugh at this thread after a few days of driving around this shitshow. I70 is cake.
    Different problems. Yes Boston is far more congested. But at least people in Boston generally know how to drive in congested places. Half the people on I70 have no fucking clue how to drive on a mountain highway.

<snip> But at least people in Boston generally know how to drive in congested places.
    Yes - very, very, VERY slowly for hours on end.

Driving in extremely congested areas is easy.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Different problems. Yes Boston is far more congested. But at least people in Boston generally know how to drive in congested places. Half the people on I70 have no fucking clue how to drive on a mountain highway.
    True.

The Uber drivers here are the worst. They’ll just double park in the middle of Boylston or Beacon, causing a back up, just to wait for their next fare. Or cut in front of you then whip on the hazards while they wait, causing you to have to get around them. Fuckers.

People drive like idiots because "its dry roads it's fine".

Last week I was westbound about 4 minutes after the crash down by Denver, prior to any emergency vehicles arriving. Saw the young kid getting CPR and a bunch of people covered in blood. An atrocity no doubt caused by reckless driving.

Driving I70 is one of the greatest practices in mindfulness to me now. I try to zen out to a podcast and not get irrate when someone cuts in front of me because there is a reasonable gap between myself and the car in front of me.
    The lady with the 2 year old who died apparently was DUI/DUID travel long east and somehow crossed into the westbound lanes. Being charged with Vehicular Homicide.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-underway-soon

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The lady with the 2 year old who died apparently was DUI/DUID travel long east and somehow crossed into the westbound lanes. Being charged with Vehicular Homicide.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-underway-soon

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There's no sentence that will bring that kid back. And while losing a kid is the worst possible imagination for a parent -- I hope she's locked up for a fucking long time.

It was a gruesome scene.

^^^ that’s horrific. Fuck.

I’m not an expert on any of this, but there are ballot initiatives this November in Colorado. Personally, I think the sales tax increase is the way to go.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/0...110-sales-tax/

Fine with the sales tax, if it get results.

But should really be from raising the fuel tax only. Not fair to non drivers, etc. etc. being from sales tax.