Page 295 of 465 FirstFirst ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 11607
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Bustang: $25 RT Denver to Loveland and ABasin. Seems like a good deal to me. Hopefully it works and they expand to other resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    any one can buy a bad ass car
    weather it has a manual transmission and how shitty of a driver who owns it are all questionable
    the shitty driver is...........
    well not everyone is an above average driver like the average i70forum tgr poster
    yep true that
    lol....im baddass snow mtn driver (and i-70 forum poster) and did all my re routes in a rental chevy envoy or something
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    thats really wild...i flipped around headed back EB at the tunnel opening, went loveland pass, dillon dam rd and turning into the shell station, flatbed with black newish forerunner with big tires and a top box....i thought to myself, surely this isnt the vehicle that just shut down wb70.....looks like it should own snowwy passes...but guess it was.....
    Well it is a newer 4runner, most commonly driven by soccer moms who have grown from the mini van since they drive to the mtns occasionally.

^yeah it was one of those b2 stealth lookin type models suffered pilot error
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    We're all guilty of the Seinfeld-ism to some extent: people who drive faster than us are maniacs and those who drive more slowly are morons.
    That was Carlin. I can't stand Seinfeld so feel the need to set the record straight. Also, I swear I'm fun at parties.

heads up, planned short closures next couple weeks for rock mitigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cd...-70/ar-BBXLFja

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Bustang: $25 RT Denver to Loveland and ABasin. Seems like a good deal to me. Hopefully it works and they expand to other resorts.
    Glad to see this and I hope it is very successful. It does look like it will depart both ways into the teeth of traffic, but you’ll have WiFi, bathroom and are not the one dealing with the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Well it is a newer 4runner, most commonly driven by soccer moms who have grown from the mini van since they drive to the mtns occasionally.
    Hey now

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    That was Carlin. I can't stand Seinfeld so feel the need to set the record straight ...
    Oops!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Bigger closure planned 12/18 at 236 for blasting/debris removal. Both directions will be closed from 9-noon (possibly longer).

CDOT thinking they might take down as much as 150cu yds of rock and dirt, which could extend the closure. They’re in the process of drilling for explosives, and should have additional resources on hand from the Fall River bridge project to help remove debris.

12/18 might be a good day for midweek turns, provided you’re ahead of the closure, and aren’t in a hurry to get back.

14 car pile-up on my way back from IS to GT. I was stuck behind a plow at Downieville, and bailed to the frontage rd just before traffic came to a stand-still. Nice empty frontage rd the rest of the way!

Sometimes impatience pays off. How ‘bout those fancy new single/double plows/mag spreaders that can block two lanes with only one driver?

First vehicle struck in the pile-up was a CCSO Deputy, but fortunately no injuries in the whole mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    14 car pile-up on my way back from IS to GT. I was stuck behind a plow at Downieville, and bailed to the frontage rd just before traffic came to a stand-still.
    Depressing that I70 closes now every time it snows at all. The traction law hasn’t done shit to prevent non-equipped drivers from driving in storms.

Depressing that I70 closes now every time it snows at all. The traction law hasn’t done shit to prevent non-equipped drivers from driving in storms.
    I would agree with this assessment. People who don’t think they need special equipment, or even common sense to drive safely in snow aren’t going to be deterred by something as intangible as a law. I also heard that there may be an issue with the statute, so only issuing warnings, probably after they’re blocking the road and everyone else on the road just bought a one-way ticket to destination fukt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

This afternoon’s forecast:
    “The band of intense snow should work south into the I-70 corridor by 4-6pm on Sunday night and then continue to head south through the evening”
    What could go wrong?

Drove 285 from CB to Golden yesterday evening. Was some of the more intense driving I've had in a while. Entire South Park valley was covered in snow and it was snowing hard enough that the road was covered in snow and hadn't been plowed. The road and the surrounding fields were the same color white and visibility was really limited. Honestly was surprised there weren't more cars off the side of the road and that the road was open.

Monarch Pass ain't no joke in a whiteout. I know this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Drove 285 from CB to Golden yesterday evening. Was some of the more intense driving I've had in a while. Entire South Park valley was covered in snow and it was snowing hard enough that the road was covered in snow and hadn't been plowed. The road and the surrounding fields were the same color white and visibility was really limited. Honestly was surprised there weren't more cars off the side of the road and that the road was open.
    I was traveling the reverse direction from Golden to Monarch Pass, and took 70 thinking 285 might be pretty burly. Sometimes a concrete median is pretty nice insurance. Still had a miniature version of your experience in Officer's Gulch.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Over/under for I70 3 hour long closures Friday to Sunday: 6

Over/under for I70 3 hour long closures Friday to Sunday: 6
    should we start a pool?

I'll definitely take the over, given the focus of these storms on the north and central mountains.

Let the Epikonic (TM) traffic games begin!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'll definitely take the over, given the focus of these storms on the north and central mountains.

Let the Epikonic (TM) traffic games begin!
    Me too. The hype is ridiculous for this.

Hoping some people get scared off who don’t have proper equipment. I know, laughable.

Hoping some people get scared off who don’t have proper equipment. I know, laughable.
    did you just move here? thats a funny statement for sure

ECo is a mess tonight to kick things off. Surprisingly, Avon to the west so far.

Me on I-70 this weekend.

Heard the passenger car chain law was enacted over Hoosier Pass earlier today.