Page 211 of 465 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 11614
    Decided to spend a few days in the summit area so I could witness I-70 shenanigans myself. Yesterday started off bright and sunny so of course I-70 was closed W of Copper. OK... plan B, we'll go ski Mayflower Gulch. Wrong answer, that was closed too. What a shitshow. Plan C was to go all the way back to Citadel.

Hazmat spill on Vail pass on Friday, closed it down while I was trying to get to Fruita. Fucking annoying. Leadville to Minturn, yeehaw.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hazmat spill on Vail pass on Friday, closed it down while I was trying to get to Fruita. Fucking annoying. Leadville to Minturn, yeehaw.
    Awesome, so all that hazmat will work it’s way down the Gore into Vail? Sweet

At least you got to Leadville before 91 closed too

Having the entirety of WB I-70 traffic go by your door on a 25mph residential 2 lane street for hours is really fucking annoying.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Having the entirety of WB I-70 traffic go by your door on a 25mph residential 2 lane street for hours is really fucking annoying.
    I bet it was. I waved as we drove past. We had such a long drive ahead of us, and I was so irritated by that point, that I didn't want to give a holler and stop.

It was all fine and smooth sailing until we got just north of Camp Hale, or at least as fine as it could be for such a long detour. Then it was a long fucking slog the rest of the way.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Should have gone 9>Trough>131

according to google, they're pretty similar, and given the traffic through Minturn, you're surely right. But a) call me crazy but I wanted to make sure Vail Pass was closed (because sometimes they take a little while to update the signs) and b) my brain wasn't thinking of the alternatives (because it wasn't thinking about all the traffic I would hit on 24).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8722.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	234645

Lots of free boats left on the side of 70

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Total junk show going East this morning while I was headed to A-Basin. Which was amazing. And then had smooth sailing on the drive home.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8722.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	234645

Lots of free boats left on the side of 70

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh man, a boat and kayaks? That could have been epic if he got stuck.

As long as humans continue to drive the cars... we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    As long as humans continue to drive the cars... we are doomed.

I mostly predict the measure will fail when they ask voters to approve funding because all the armchair highway engineers will have already designed a version that's way more efficient, costs a fraction, and can be constructed overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I mostly predict the measure will fail when they ask voters to approve funding because all the armchair highway engineers will have already designed a version that's way more efficient, costs a fraction, and can be constructed overnight.
    Well - that and probably the majority of Coloradans will be like, "Shit, man, I don't use I-70. Screw all those people that like going into the mountains."

And don't forget those people already living in the mountains that don't mind the bottleneck keeping Front Range Douchebags out of "their" mountains.
    Last edited by skaredshtles; 05-15-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Might make getting back down slightly better, but dont see it helping to get up in the winter.

Easier access = more crowding.

Keep it the way it is. The tourists and masses will eventually give up skiing, Vail Resorts will go bankrupt and the cycle will start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Easier access = more crowding.

Keep it the way it is. The tourists and masses will eventually give up skiing, Vail Resorts will go bankrupt and the cycle will start all over again.
    I rest my case, Your Honor.

That whole hill is creeping into CCC and that bridge at the bottom is fucked . Git ‘er dun

Holy shit... that will take them 10+ years of snarled construction traffic to complete even if they get the funding.
    The ideas are good... but by the time they are done, we'll have population levels that will make traffic worse than before they started... unless self driving cars are wholly adopted to increase road capacity far more than that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    <snip> unless self driving cars are wholly adopted to increase road capacity far more than that stuff.
    <sigh>

We can hope, right?

maybe we should take bets on when that bridge fails?
    there was a huge hole in it this winter, won't be long before another one shows up

You know, after visiting Atlanta last week and driving around, I-70 traffic ain't that bad. Even driving around Denver is pretty pleasant compared to the ATL traffic on a daily basis. I70 traffic is pretty avoidable with a little planning.

Another thought: Why do we need to get more people to the mountains again?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Why do we need to get more people to the mountains again?
    To annoy Summit County residents.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    To annoy Summit County residents.
    Mission accomplished... I'm actually a Eagle County resident now though.... sorta.

But really, say that you could drive to Breckenridge in under 2 hrs on a Saturday morning powder day in March. You'd still have to stand in line for 3 hrs before skiing.