Page 159 of 465 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 11608
    But...will ROBOCARS be smart enough to not try and pull a boat through the mountain corridor, in the middle of a huge spring storm?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I'm banking on full environmental VR rooms in every home.
    Why leave the house for a hike, ride or to ski? Just go into your VR room, put on the gear, and enjoy the show.
    There's no traffic, wind holds, lift lines, paid parking or gapers in your "Vail Experience" software. You can always be the first one down Cow's Face with 2' of blower.

Fuck a robot driving me around.
    Read "Ready Player One".

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Read "Ready Player One".
    Thanks! Quick review of it reminds me of "Surrogates".
    That ultra steep line 9 miles from the trailhead that you could never hit mid winter? Send your VR linked robot down it!

Can a ROBOCAR drive up roads like Lake Como or Engineer Pass or Black Bear Pass?

A guide rail will keep you safe on narrow jeep roads. Easy to install and integrate with ROBOCAR system

Not I70 but who knows the history of the I25/Sante Fe/Alameda/Kalamath intersection? Seriously, were the engineers drunk? Could be the worst I've ever encountered. And I think a lot of it is somewhat new?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Not I70 but who knows the history of the I25/Sante Fe/Alameda/Kalamath intersection? Seriously, were the engineers drunk? Could be the worst I've ever encountered. And I think a lot of it is somewhat new?
    No bitching about i25 in this thread dammit! Start your own!

They designed it as such just to fuck with you. Yep, I'm sure zero planning and thought went into the alignment .

They designed it as such just to fuck with you. Yep, I'm sure zero planning and thought went into the alignment .
    If you drive through that mess, you have to ask yourself my question. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    No bitching about i25 in this thread dammit! Start your own!
    Ha, this thread jumped the shark long ago and became the CO traffic and infrastructure bitch thread.

Huge clusterfuck getting on I-25 from Santa Fe.

CDOT is now adding a lane northbound on I-25 in between the Santa Fe Merge and the 6th Avenue exit in the hopes that it will relieve some of the congestion created by everyone merging on from Santa Fe. I am cautiously optimistic it will work, but also expecting failure.

I love this thread! The definition of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

{Highway / intersection / interchange} is fucked! Replace it now!
    Construction kicks off. This is fucked! So many delays, why are they doing it this way? I could do it better!
    {Highway / intersection / interchange} is upgraded. This is still fucked! Why did they do it this way? I could have made it better!

I have to bow out of shit show for good. See you on I70.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 05-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Huge clusterfuck getting on I-25 from Santa Fe.

CDOT is now adding a lane northbound on I-25 in between the Santa Fe Merge and the 6th Avenue exit in the hopes that it will relieve some of the congestion created by everyone merging on from Santa Fe. I am cautiously optimistic it will work, but also expecting failure.
    As long as humans are still manning the wheel... your expectation of failure is spot-on. People cannot merge. They just can't figure it out. Regardless of the numbers of lanes, length of merge lanes, or any other attempt to address it.

This thread has me so pumped to move back to Denver after a 17 year absence!

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Fuck that boat. I still remember sitting on I-70 for hours because of that. 2WD pickup towing it I believe.
    Yep. I still got a memorable pow day at Loveland but that piece of shit tied up the highway for hours.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I love this thread! The definition of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

{Highway / intersection / interchange} is fucked! Replace it now!
    Construction kicks off. This is fucked! So many delays, why are they doing it this way? I could do it better!
    {Highway / intersection / interchange} is upgraded. This is still fucked! Why did they do it this way? I could have made it better!

My feeling is, if they're going to work on it, fix it right. Design the highway/interchange/whatever to deal with the current and future load.
    A glaring example is the EB 6/I25 interchange by Federal. They worked on it for a year, why the hell did they not redesign the on-ramp to I25 south to have at least 2 lanes, instead of keeping the 3 lanes into 1??! That's ludicrous. There's always backed up, stopped traffic there, even after this huge project they did. Fucking morons!

Quote Originally Posted by downvalleytrash View Post
    This thread has me so pumped to move back to Denver after a 17 year absence!
    Heh. You are in for some entertainment, for sure. Hopefully you're either retired or have a WfH job?

'Cause... yeah.

But...will ROBOCARS be smart enough to not try and pull a boat through the mountain corridor, in the middle of a huge spring storm?
    Wondering when this would return

I'm all for robo cars. The large majority of people drive for shit.

However, I doubt I will use one until I'm old and senile. I trust myself combined with some crash avoidance software in the car more than a computer program. Programmers can't anticipate everything.

Another question is, will cars be programmed to save the most human life when fatalities/injuries are unavoidable? Or to save its occupants?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    <snip>
    However, I doubt I will use one until I'm old and senile. I trust myself combined with some crash avoidance software in the car more than a computer program.
    One of the arguments is that the economics will drive almost everyone out of the driver's seat eventually. Personal vehicles will become obsolete mainly because they are such a gigantic waste of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Wondering when this would return
    ?
    I took it and have had it on my phone for years, and pull it up anytime I need a laugh.

A glaring example is the EB 6/I25 interchange by Federal. They worked on it for a year, why the hell did they not redesign the on-ramp to I25 south to have at least 2 lanes, instead of keeping the 3 lanes into 1??! That's ludicrous. There's always backed up, stopped traffic there, even after this huge project they did. Fucking morons!
    It is not finished. And that is exactly what is left all the way up to Alameda exit. moron.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

^ the boat pic. I remember the day it happened. I think I was about 10 minutes ahead of it.

And true. Insurance costs and regulations will cause people to switch to automated cars.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Heh. You are in for some entertainment, for sure. Hopefully you're either retired or have a WfH job?

'Cause... yeah.
    Not retired. WfH for now...but likely to change.

I'm prepared to give up skiing.
    If crowded FR trails drive me off the mountain bike....well, that will be a bummer to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    It is not finished. And that is exactly what is left all the way up to Alameda exit. moron.
    The ramp from EB 6 to SB 25 is not finished? Sorry, news to me.

Who are you kidding? You can't quit us!

FWIW, the work done on the McCaslin interchange has been very successful. And overall the work done on 36 was great (regardless of how one might feel about the toll and the public-private partnership).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy