Page 192 of 465 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 11607
    ^^ Zing! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I arrived at the mountain 2 hours later, took an hour to actually get on a lift then skied chopped up packed powder on yellow Rossi Soul 7s for a couple of hours then did it all in reverse, all while being sure to Instastory about how great my day was.
    Winning!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Yo man, it's entirely possible that some of those PATHETIC LOSERS just wanna ski some mostly soft snow, and don't live and die based on whether or not they get first tracks, unlike the rest of us that have turned skiing off of the I70 corridor into a science. Lots of people like doing this shit 5x/year, lots of them probably have fun even when they blow it on the I70 optimization test.

Is sharing a shitty Instasotry w/your pals/fam any better or worse than posting anonymously 5,000x on an internet message board for bored dentists? Different strokes and all that.

I'm not trying to be the savior for #COgumby, but I can't stand the #radbro "core-er than you" attitude. /rant
    The problem is that the #COgumby is prolific and becoming ever more common. Personally I don't mind, I think the region is doing well because of an influx of new people. Its just when I can't avoid the #COgumby that it starts to bother me a bit.

It feels more than just Colorado though, from what I can tell Instagram has ruined society. Been to Moab recently? All of the parks there just have swarms of people there doing it for the 'gram.

While I don't think either #COgumby or #radbro is healthy, at least one of those requires some thought and effort put into it. While plenty of people fair just fine, it seems that there are plenty who vacation and move here that do not have a respect for the mountains.

Really though its the crazy
    narcissistics posting unhinged selfies or slow-mo videos of them failing a one foot air on instagram that get me. Fucking go to Pennsylvania, with their photography skills it would look the same dammit.

This is the catch all bitch about Colorado thread right? I'd love to have someone define the #radbro because I think is covers a lot of stereotypes. I've gotten to the point where I can accept and manage the crowds, what I can come to terms with in the johny come lately mountain cool guy.

The real skiers? They are the one with the good attitude, stoke to be out. It's usually the dude who grew up in Arvada son of plumber and the family from Kearney with the 'Skers jackets on. The buzzkills are the consultants from Highlands Ranch with a condo in the mountains who do nothing but complain and take themselves way to seriously.

The 14 year old double ejecting under the lift and claiming it is everything that's right with skiing.

The 40 year old skiing the backcountry rig with out a scratch on it switching out his goggle lenses on the lift blaming his piss poor skiing on everything other than the fact that he is a piss poor skier is everything wrong with skiing.

yup, real skiers are the ones not posting typologies of who's awesome and who's not regularly on ski websites.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Yo man, it's entirely possible that some of those PATHETIC LOSERS just wanna ski some mostly soft snow, and don't live and die based on whether or not they get first tracks, unlike the rest of us that have turned skiing off of the I70 corridor into a science. Lots of people like doing this shit 5x/year, lots of them probably have fun even when they blow it on the I70 optimization test.

Is sharing a shitty Instasotry w/your pals/fam any better or worse than posting anonymously 5,000x on an internet message board for bored dentists? Different strokes and all that.

I'm not trying to be the savior for #COgumby, but I can't stand the #radbro "core-er than you" attitude. /rant
    Someone can’t take a joke or enjoy some humor
    AZ Greg...want to take this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    This is the catch all bitch about Colorado thread right? I'd love to have someone define the #radbro because I think is covers a lot of stereotypes. I've gotten to the point where I can accept and manage the crowds, what I can come to terms with in the johny come lately mountain cool guy.

The real skiers? They are the one with the good attitude, stoke to be out. It's usually the dude who grew up in Arvada son of plumber and the family from Kearney with the 'Skers jackets on. The buzzkills are the consultants from Highlands Ranch with a condo in the mountains who do nothing but complain and take themselves way to seriously.

The 14 year old double ejecting under the lift and claiming it is everything that's right with skiing.

The 40 year old skiing the backcountry rig with out a scratch on it switching out his goggle lenses on the lift blaming his piss poor skiing on everything other than the fact that he is a piss poor skier is everything wrong with skiing.

Reminds me of CB and Gunni. CB locals are mostly all nice a cheerful during the week, then the Gunni 9-5ers come on the weekend and are mostly assholes.

well things got real serious around here all of the sudden

Jeezus....... things took a turn.

Rob Katz skis on Rossi Soul 7's in chopped up powdah.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I have no idea what you wankers are goin on about but I know this:

In, Grand County, our Winter Emergency Management Plan identifies a food storage as a major issue. If Berthoud and I70/9 are closed, the grocery stores and restaurants will run out of food in 48hours. We have 2 moderately sizes stores to serve +/- 20K people during peak times.
    Good point. City market trucks make runs at odd hours from what I have seen. Not always though.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    yellow Rossi Soul 7s

Damn, how'd you know what skis I have?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I was an I-70 day skier yesterday for the first time in forever. A teeny bit of traffic on the way up. On the way home, a little traffic near the Empire exit, then there was some super major accident near Genessee but google maps detoured me around it, so I lost maybe 5 minutes total.

I don't know why you all complain so much.

Now, the crowds at Wanker Park? Yeah, that's worth complaining about!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got a wtf for you all. Coming back from copper yesterday west on 70 prior to the Johnson tunnel. The lanes went from 3 lanes to 2 as normal merge area. Then they open up to 4 lanes at the metering lights just to have 2 cars released at once but alternating the lanes. Why spread out 2 lanes into 4 lanes for metering just to go back to 2 in the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was an I-70 day skier yesterday for the first time in forever. A teeny bit of traffic on the way up. On the way home, a little traffic near the Empire exit, then there was some super major accident near Genessee but google maps detoured me around it, so I lost maybe 5 minutes total.

I don't know why you all complain so much.

Cool story bro.

I skied for a couple hours a MJ yesterday. Left at noon. Got fucked with the major accident and with the delay my normal 1hr 10min drive became 2hr. That's why we bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Holiday crowds were nil today. Snowed most of the day.
    Thursday looks good for grilling.

Nice snowy day at Loveland and no traffic back to the city. Peeeerfect.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Cool story bro.

I skied for a couple hours a MJ yesterday. Left at noon. Got fucked with the major accident and with the delay my normal 1hr 10min drive became 2hr. That's why we bitch.
    I was just joking with my comment, I understand the bitching. FWIW, that major accident seems unrelated to the general mountain travel bitching (close to Denver, and not during peak ski travel times). I always have google maps going, and it directed me around the accident. But I could see the remnants, it looked ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Holiday crowds were nil today. Snowed most of the day.
    Thursday looks good for grilling.
    Holiday weekends are, IME, worse for travel on Friday nights, but better the rest of the time as people returning space themselves out more, and Mondays are always pretty quiet at the resort.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Holiday weekends are, IME, worse for travel on Friday nights, but better the rest of the time as people returning space themselves out more, and Mondays are always pretty quiet at the resort.
    Right, cause it almost makes Friday the new Thursday and because Sunday afternoon is the new Monday but on a holiday weekend Monday is the Sunday that makes Monday like Sunday.

Roos', don't think I don't wake on the Thursday saying, "I wonder if I can get enough work done to make in up to the Jane for the BBQ?"

You can do it. Show up by 1ish. Last week we had elk steaks, burgers, brats, bacon, and some other shit. Weather was shit, should have gone to Pep’s, but we broke out the fire pit and made it happen.
    You could also show up early and ski with our group of about 10. It’s....challenging.

My drive to ABasin SUCKED on Saturday morning. Left the house at 7:08 and got stuck behind some jackass doing 32 in the 35 over Swan Mtn Road, then some Jerry headed up Loveland Pass apparently couldn't read the "Passing Lane 500 FT" signs and took up both lanes.... through all 3 passing zones! FINALLY pulled into the lower lot at 7:37.....bastards cost me a good 2 minutes and a closer parking spot to the A-Frame. ARGHHH!
    Then I waited 20 minutes for Lenawee to spin.

Old's Cool.

How many I70 closures this weekend? 5?
    Old's Cool.

So, this isn't I-70 related, but you'll know why I thought of this thread. A friend went hiking up Mammoth Gulch this weekend. For this who don't know, it's an easy 4wd road near the continental divide, right near the east portal of the Moffat Tunnel. Probably at 10,000' elevation or higher. This is what he found.

^^Obviously stashed for the winter, just waiting to ride peak runoff down South Boulder Creek come spring.
    Old's Cool.

Got to be many gnar points for getting it off the trailer and riding it down in the snow.

Respect to Dale Earnhardt right there