Page 238 of 464 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 11600
    Vail pass and Loveland pass:

I won’t detail everything but I was involved.
    Your choice, but hard to tell what people motivation and bias is without knowing there associations.

Let’s suffice it to say that I know that the incompetent Brazilians would have sold for nothing just to be out from under it.
    No permit, no ski area. From memory, I can't think of any really interest from FOBP in operating a ski area in any form. I could be wrong about that.

But I have no idea where your impression that BC skiing was under threat from the Forest Service. There would be no precedent for banning a non motorized use.
    I would say that there are plenty of precedents. Any time an exclusive SUP is given, public access can be limited. Sledding in non-motorized and it is banned because the user group couldn't self-regulate and the ambulance was spending too much time there.

Really what I'm getting at is two things. One, the FS indicated that they wanted to transfer legal and financial responsibility to a Permit Holder. I will never know the nature or the seriousness of the some of the potential Permit Applicants. I have an idea that you may however. That said, many of them were not compatible with free public recreation.

The second, and important challenge was the logistic of having the top lot and pull outs operated as trail heads and a defacto rest stop. The sticking points are answers to the trivia questions above. CDOT is under no obligation or IGA to plow any of it. They do it because it has been decided at the local level that it is what they want to do. Without CDOT plowing there would be no legal parking and access would be seriously limited. The other is that everytime you turn left on the pass anywhere other than the top lot, you are breaking the law by crossing the double yellow. This was a challenge the the ski area and the bus country. Because of the classification of 40 as a hazmat route and such, this would have been very difficult to change.

Does anyone know the impetus for the warming hut and the operating funds needed to maintain it? I was out of the loop at that time.

Anyways, sorry for saying your opinions came from your ass. Twenty years down the road, none of this matters much and the skiing is still great. If a new independent ski are in Colorado is viable, this would be a great place to do it.

^^^ jeez. Slow the fuck down people.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Your choice, but hard to tell what people motivation and bias is without knowing there associations.

No permit, no ski area. From memory, I can't think of any really interest from FOBP in operating a ski area in any form. I could be wrong about that.

I would say that there are plenty of precedents. Any time an exclusive SUP is given, public access can be limited. Sledding in non-motorized and it is banned because the user group couldn't self-regulate and the ambulance was spending too much time there.

Really what I'm getting at is two things. One, the FS indicated that they wanted to transfer legal and financial responsibility to a Permit Holder. I will never know the nature or the seriousness of the some of the potential Permit Applicants. I have an idea that you may however. That said, many of them were not compatible with free public recreation.

The second, and important challenge was the logistic of having the top lot and pull outs operated as trail heads and a defacto rest stop. The sticking points are answers to the trivia questions above. CDOT is under no obligation or IGA to plow any of it. They do it because it has been decided at the local level that it is what they want to do. Without CDOT plowing there would be no legal parking and access would be seriously limited. The other is that everytime you turn left on the pass anywhere other than the top lot, you are breaking the law by crossing the double yellow. This was a challenge the the ski area and the bus country. Because of the classification of 40 as a hazmat route and such, this would have been very difficult to change.

Does anyone know the impetus for the warming hut and the operating funds needed to maintain it? I was out of the loop at that time.

Anyways, sorry for saying your opinions came from your ass. Twenty years down the road, none of this matters much and the skiing is still great. If a new independent ski are in Colorado is viable, this would be a great place to do it.
    I don’t recall any real possible permit applicants being discussed. But I suppose only the FS May have seen those.

If nothing else I bemoan the warming hut. It’s such a piece of shit - and certainly smells like shit. Such a classic, historical old building in the old lodge with a solid concrete foundations and so much space - tossed down for a small crappy little shit shack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Still stinks of white-upper-middle-class privilege to me...

Welcome to the internet, nOOb
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Welcome to the internet, nOOb
    It's a fair cop.

Does anyone know the impetus for the warming hut and the operating funds needed to maintain it?
    I do not know the complete story behind the USFS decision to tear down the old lodge and construct the current warming hut. Before my time.

I do know that 100% of the operating expenses for the warming hut are currently provided by USFS.

Since we're already on the topic of bitching about FOBP. FYI the on-snow classes are this coming weekend (Sat 1/26 and Sun 1/27) which means the parking lot will be more of a clusterfuck than usual. Won't affect the skiing any, just the parking.

Back to I70. Xgames this weekend. Prepare yourselves for the worst on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Back to I70. Xgames this weekend. Prepare yourselves for the worst on Sunday.
    I thought this was the weather thread

So, plow parades...is it just me, or should one not be driving farther up than the trailing plow? I know they are only doing 20. But you are not passing shit, so settle.

Member when they left a 100' gap to shoot? Fun times.
    Saw so many people hesitate and just get fucking pummeled with rocks.

Just slow patrol and scrape a little while they are at it.
    And I'll say it again...wtf with this large material cdot has been using the past 2 seasons? The chunks picked up on tires and flung at me all the time sound pretty big. Just got chips in windshield...once they spread, I will be getting my 3rd windshield replaced in 1-1/2 years. Glad I bought the replacement insurance...they are taking a hit with me.

In response to hating on semis, At the very least, semis usually maintain decent following distance and stay in their lane which helps absorb the traffic-slinky clusterfuck that happens. That being said, I avoid i70 during 'peak times' so maybe I'm missing something

Yeah "usually" but I would prefer the euro rules. There they can't use certain lanes and their speed is limited. They drive very close to each other but you don't have to worry about them pulling out suddenly. Similar rules apply to box trucks, trailers, and RV.

Problem is....Americans don't like rules....so we embrace the chaos.

....so we embrace the chaos.
    You should embrace your office and then go skiing this afternoon.

I thought Americans loved rules? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    So, plow parades...is it just me, or should one not be driving farther up than the trailing plow? I know they are only doing 20. But you are not passing shit, so settle.
    Coming back to Vail up Floyd hill last night, and got stuck behind a plow parade (it was actually nice, visibility was garbage). This xterra was weaving between all three lanes just so he could get up 10 feet behind the lead plow.

My friend who plows for CDOT just says it's your funeral if you wanna fuck with a plow.

You should embrace your office and then go skiing this afternoon.
    Packing for Japow trip. So much gear...

Life of Colin. What a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Coming back to Vail up Floyd hill last night, and got stuck behind a plow parade (it was actually nice, visibility was garbage). This xterra was weaving between all three lanes just so he could get up 10 feet behind the lead plow.

My friend who plows for CDOT just says it's your funeral if you wanna fuck with a plow.
    This was coming down VP last night and I was the first car in the procession and somehow there were 3-5 cars in front of me by the end. I just let them have their feelings, too tired to make a statement.
    And yeah, those plows will win every time.

Life of Colin. What a dick.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    LOL
    I'll bring you both back some vending machine panties

I'll bring you both back some vending machine panties
    this thread is about traffic and road conditions not men who like to wear womens underwear while on vacation from their spouses keep on topic please

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this thread is about traffic and road conditions not men who like to wear womens underwear while on vacation from their spouses keep on topic please
    What makes you think he only wears womens underwear while on vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    In response to hating on semis, At the very least, semis usually maintain decent following distance and stay in their lane which helps absorb the traffic-slinky clusterfuck that happens. That being said, I avoid i70 during 'peak times' so maybe I'm missing something
    They absolutely don’t stay in their lane! One of my biggest I70 problems is the asshole trucker who gets into the left lane doing 45 in a 60 and holds everyone up while he passes one truck.