Page 195 of 465 FirstFirst ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 11614
    Vegas’s line on long I70 closures during tomorrow’s storm: 3 and I’ll take the over. 2 on VP, 1 by the tunnel and 1 in the foothills near Genessee. For a bonus: 285 will also have a closure by Kenosha. People will be stuck in Summit overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    the clusterfuck on I70 and in summit county
    im thankful i recently moved off the i70 circuit and will no longer be using that path...

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Joel Gratz is enemy of the pow
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I’m sure the 5 million people from Cheyenne to Pueblo have nothing to do with this. Nope , blame Open Snow . You chumps need to take a lap.

For a bunch of dentists with PhDs, this crowd brings the lolz.
    i like anti pow conspiracy theories

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yep sorry bros, you guys thought that you were the old time locals entitled to look down on the new crew stealing your tracks but really you’re just the Newbies to another era of OG old time locals who were outraged that you had arrived and were clogging up I70 and competing for the wind blown powder stashes.
    Name:  infin.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  78.9 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    For obvious reasons, I prefer to tune in to Amelia Earhart for my weather forecasts.
    Lauren Whitney is the best in the battle to be the next Kathy Sabine. At least if the weather guessers are going to cause the masses to ruin our powder, they should look good doin' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Driving back from Loveland (EB), cars were backed up solid so there was no way to get to I70W, so we went over the pass. It was a solid line of stop and go cars going WB to the bottom of Atlantic Bowl... I made a phone call about the stopped traffic under the paths. By the time I got reception back on the other side, safety metering was in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Name:  Screenshot_20171017-222804.png
Views: 664
Size:  985.9 KB

Name:  20171017_223156.png
Views: 631
Size:  681.0 KB

Name:  20171017_223131.png
Views: 647
Size:  687.6 KB
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Member when the only people who knew how much it was going to snow were people who read the forecast discussion on weather.gov?
    Since they made it easier to read with sentence capitalization all the morons can read it.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post

Name:  infin.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  78.9 KB
    Yep.

This all made me think about this old guy who used to ski Loveland Pass in a leather frilly jacket
    Something like this:

I haven’t seen him in a few years. Anyone know the story?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 01-22-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

^^^ carl?? mainly see him at wp or eldora. pretty sure he gets turns everyday, no matter conditions

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ carl?? mainly see him at wp or eldora. pretty sure he gets turns everyday, no matter conditions
    That sounds familiar.

I’m out of commission this year myself and wasn’t up there last year much so maybe I just didn’t see him or maybe he’s just lifting it more. Glad to hear that he’s still getting after it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    On 193 El Capos no less. Skis Loveland a bit too.

And he really doesn't like being called wolf-man or bear-man, even if currently wearing a wolf or bear skin. My too high friend couldn't keep his name straight.

Yep sorry bros, you guys thought that you were the old time locals entitled to look down on the new crew stealing your tracks but really you’re just the Newbies to another era of OG old time locals who were outraged that you had arrived and were clogging up I70 and competing for the wind blown powder stashes.
    Sweet story, bro.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    On 193 El Capos no less. Skis Loveland a bit too.

And he really doesn't like being called wolf-man or bear-man, even if currently wearing a wolf or bear skin. My too high friend couldn't keep his name straight.
    Got his own style, that's for sure. Someone should get him some upgraded skis though.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Sweet story, bro.
    Technically its not a story, but rather a statement of opinion.

Technically its not a story, but rather a statement of opinion.
    A statement of opinion from someone who doesn't even ski anymore hold a lot of weight around here...

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    A statement of opinion from someone who doesn't even ski anymore hold a lot of weight around here...
    Wow. I am out for 6 weeks and I'm officially not a skier anymore, at least according to the Summit County LocalTM from Alabama.

But in all honesty no ones opinion ever had much weight around here.

Wow. I am out for 6 weeks and I'm officially not a skier anymore, at least according to the Summit County LocalTM from Alabama.

But in all honesty no ones opinion ever had much weight around here.
    Good research! I'm going skiing, enjoy the couch and TGR rants about who's the corest CO local, I'll be doing the falling leaf down your favorite run sucker.

Good research! I'm going skiing, enjoy the couch and TGR rants about who's the corest CO local, I'll be doing the falling leaf down your favorite run sucker.
    Yep, got me there.

My friend's wife attempted to drive to WP yesterday, it took her two hours from Erie to the Hwy 6 exit before Idaho Springs. She said fuck it, and detoured to Eldora... which then took another 90 minutes. Sweet!

^ what time did she leave?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    My friend's wife attempted to drive to WP yesterday, it took her two hours from Erie to the Hwy 6 exit before Idaho Springs. She said fuck it, and detoured to Eldora... which then took another 90 minutes. Sweet!
    Yikes! coming from Longmont, I was in Boulder at 6:30ish, had the wife confirm via google maps what I knew, already waay too late for I70. Map showed orange in Genesee and a bunch of red at the 470 on ramp. I knew it was only gonna get worse by the time I could get down 93 and so we bailed to Eldora and got there early. On the way back down there were two cars in the ditch, in different spots no less, on the WB side of the canyon. They'd been there for a while. A benz sedan and a LexusLandCruiser whatever its called.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Yikes! coming from Longmont, I was in Boulder at 6:30ish, had the wife confirm via google maps what I knew, already waay too late for I70. Map showed orange in Genesee and a bunch of red at the 470 on ramp. I knew it was only gonna get worse by the time I could get down 93 and so we bailed to Eldora and got there early. On the way back down there were two cars in the ditch, in different spots no less, on the WB side of the canyon. They'd been there for a while. A benz sedan and a LexusLandCruiser whatever its called.
    This pretty much seems like what everyone does now that has a RMSP and then eldora lots are full at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by rmnpsplitter View Post
    This pretty much seems like what everyone does now that has a RMSP and then eldora lots are full at 8.
    A buddy of mine left Boulder at 745am (way too late), got to Barker Reservoir at 930am.

Skiing on the front range is really simple:

1. Ski on the weekdays
    2. Walk the dog on the weekends

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    A buddy of mine left Boulder at 745am (way too late), got to Barker Reservoir at 930am.

Skiing on the front range is really simple:

1. Ski on the weekdays
    2. Walk the dog on the weekends
    Skiing on the weekends in the front range isn’t bad if you don’t have to drive anywhere or ride a lift. I rode breck yesterday and thought it wasn’t too crowded. I did get punished on the drive home. 2 hr 30 mins breck to central city and I left breck at 6:30 and went over Loveland pass. Once I was off I70 it was smooth sailing

Whoa bro. Guess we know who is core Colorado round here

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Joel versus kathy.

For weather "person" of the year.

Discuss

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk