Page 289 of 323 FirstFirst ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 8063
  1. #7201
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,915
    if ya don't teach 'em, hows they gonna learn?

  2. #7202
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You gotta be agro as fuck nowadays on I70.

    A few of my goto moves:

    1) If approaching a left lane asshole who is all alone, ride up on to their ass. If they don't get over after about 5 seconds, flash brights a few times. This usually works. I do not like to go straight to passing in right lane because I consider myself to be an I-70 enforcer and teach the rulz where I can.

    2) If you do have to pass in the right lane - always, always, always LAY ON THE HORN for a solid 5-7 seconds as you pass them. This not only teaches them they are being an asshole, but also a safety maneuver announcing your presence as you pass.
    Good on ya!

    Generally I just get in the right lane and pass HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of vehicles quietly and without any fanfare. Sometimes I'll need to pass someone in the right lane that is *actually* going slow, but it's a rarity.


  3. #7203
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You gotta be agro as fuck nowadays on I70.

    A few of my goto moves:

    1) If approaching a left lane asshole who is all alone, ride up on to their ass. If they don't get over after about 5 seconds, flash brights a few times. This usually works. I do not like to go straight to passing in right lane because I consider myself to be an I-70 enforcer and teach the rulz where I can.

    2) If you do have to pass in the right lane - always, always, always LAY ON THE HORN for a solid 5-7 seconds as you pass them. This not only teaches them they are being an asshole, but also a safety maneuver announcing your presence as you pass.
    Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.

  4. #7204
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,426
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.
    What's even better is when you're in wide open road (like no one around) and you have to pass a fucktard (usually with Cali plates) in the right lane. Then you stay in the right lane for next 10 or so miles cause there is no one around in front of you to pass. Those fucks probably aren't learning anything out of that scenario because they are clueless, but I still honk as I pass by. I'm sure they think I'm some kind of psycho local but I'd love to meet them at the next gas station and explain things......

  5. #7205
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,234
    Driving my lowered Sti with tinted everything, including headlights, they don't even know I'm there until the vape smoke hits them.

    If I was a BMW driver they would know I want to pass because my double LED xenon blinder brights let them know I'm coming from 6 miles away.

  6. #7206
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Summit County
    Posts
    327
    had to be at a client site monday auper early. left breck at 430am and cant believe the mess on i70.

    i am pretty sure i saw 4 pr 5 cars and truck literally parked in the right lane...no apparent drivers flashers or anything...like it was zombie day and they just ran.

  7. #7207
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,049

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    I drove home from St. George last night (got home around 1am) via 70 and it wasnít bad... snow covered roads most of the way, but itís a hell of a lot easier when thereís absolutely no one on the road.

  8. #7208
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I drove home from St. George last night (got home around 1am) via 70 and it wasnít bad... snow covered roads most of the way, but itís a hell of a lot easier when thereís absolutely no one on the road.
    Exactly what is said after driving Breck to Vail. No one on the road except the occasional truck with chains going 5mph. Was pretty slick in the narrows though. When I got on in Frisco I had to double check that the road was open because there wasnít a single car on 70. Weird.

  9. #7209
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    1,916
    was driving with my knees and texting last night came up on a car with it's flashers on
    does driving with your flashers on just say your a bad driver or something

  10. #7210
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,807
    No. Flashers say ďhey, dumbshit driving with your knees while texting, donít plow into meĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #7211
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    The damn Subaru drivers in Boulder are slow as fuck, especially the Forresters. Otherwise, yes, we drive fast in our 5 mile bubble radius (side note: I have snow tires, use my blinkers sine I'm old and have lived in Colorado forever). Lots of zippy cars in this town who know the timing of the lights.

    The number of moms complaining because school wasn't cancelled today is crazy (it's too cold! The roads are icy!). BVSD can't win, mom's are mad if they close and mad if they don't.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?

  12. #7212
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    colorady
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    No. Flashers say ďhey, dumbshit driving with your knees while texting, donít plow into meĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pretty sure that it means ďI donít have the required equipment to be here on the snowy highway so Iím gonna drive 5mph with my hazards on and hope no one plows into me.Ē I wish the cops would single these folks out and ticket them all.

  13. #7213
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?
    its the cold, not the snow. waiting for a bus that is late due to roads. early winter and alot of kids dont have jackets let alone hats and gloves. but yeah, i agree, need to harden the fuck up.

  14. #7214
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,136
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?
    My kid's school was on a 2 hour delay, didn't realize many places closed. But this is classic damned if you do, damned if you don't, because regardless which decision the administrators make, there will always be some very vocal parents bitching at them.

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    its the cold, not the snow. waiting for a bus that is late due to roads. early winter and alot of kids dont have jackets let alone hats and gloves. but yeah, i agree, need to harden the fuck up.
    Yeah, I took my kid to the bus stop yesterday at 7:15am and the bus was 10 minutes late. She was well bundled but some of the other waiting kids were not. I don't know if it's because they don't own good winter clothing (quite possible) or just didn't wear it (also quite possible). But it was pretty fucking cold to be standing there for 10 minutes. Especially given it's October and we don't have our thick winter skin yet!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  15. #7215
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,402
    It's always an extra struggle during the transition season.

  16. #7216
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My kid's school was on a 2 hour delay, didn't realize many places closed. But this is classic damned if you do, damned if you don't, because regardless which decision the administrators make, there will always be some very vocal parents bitching at them.
    So true...

    Yeah, I took my kid to the bus stop yesterday at 7:15am and the bus was 10 minutes late. She was well bundled but some of the other waiting kids were not. I don't know if it's because they don't own good winter clothing (quite possible) or just didn't wear it (also quite possible). But it was pretty fucking cold to be standing there for 10 minutes. Especially given it's October and we don't have our thick winter skin yet!
    It's almost certain that if you see a kid older than 9 not wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, it's BY CHOICE.

    At some point, as a parent (at least of boys), you look at what they're wearing (usually shorts, sneakers, and a hoodie), say "You know it's -4F out there, right?", roll your eyes, and tell them to have a nice day. And off they walk to school...

    Oh, and I forgot to add - right after you tell them it's -4F out there, they reply, "OK, Boomer."


  17. #7217
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?
    ain't fuckin Colorado, just West Nebraska.

  18. #7218
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    95
    On the hazard lights discussion, I do use them as a tool to warn others behind me of a sudden change in conditions, an immediate slowdown, wildlife, or the like. I hope this behavior doesn't put me in the "white knuckling it at 35mph taking up two lanes" with the flashers on category. It's often just a "please don't rear end me" flashers use and then I flick em off once we're out of the woods.

  19. #7219
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    On the hazard lights discussion, I do use them as a tool to warn others behind me of a sudden change in conditions, an immediate slowdown, wildlife, or the like. I hope this behavior doesn't put me in the "white knuckling it at 35mph taking up two lanes" with the flashers on category. It's often just a "please don't rear end me" flashers use and then I flick em off once we're out of the woods.
    I do as well under those conditions. If anything, to catch the attention of that guy behind me texting whilst driving with his weeknee.

  20. #7220
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,886

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I think its silly that so many schools canceled today. The roads were fine this morning and not even slick. Its interesting to see the changes over the recent years regarding the conservatism among school administrators with respect to canceling classes for snow. It wasn't too long ago where they wouldn't cancel classes for a foot+. I'm fine with it...the kids are stoked to play in the snow., but some people need to grow a pair. It snowed.....in Colorado....why are you surprised?
    Itís because of the super-moms out there that bitch and bitch and bitch some more. Itís dangerous to take the kiddos 4 blocks in the Range Rover!

  21. #7221
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Exactly what I do. Also, give the 5-7 long stare (conditions permitting) as you pass and cut in front.
    Live Free or Die

  22. #7222
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post


    It's almost certain that if you see a kid older than 9 not wearing appropriate clothing for the weather, it's BY CHOICE.

    At some point, as a parent (at least of boys), you look at what they're wearing (usually shorts, sneakers, and a hoodie), say "You know it's -4F out there, right?", roll your eyes, and tell them to have a nice day. And off they walk to school...

    Oh, and I forgot to add - right after you tell them it's -4F out there, they reply, "OK, Boomer."

    Teenagers, especially athletic ones, seem to have some superhuman strength against cold. They stay fine in fucking cold ass temperatures, probably cause their metabolism is running eight thousand miles per minute.

    I used to be like that. I remember fighting with my mom when she told me to bring a sweatshirt. We played tackle football in 5 degree weather and 18 inches of fresh snow on Christmas afternoon for like two hours when I was 15 and we were fine. No jackets of course.

    I'm no longer like that.

    Edit: thread drift.

  23. #7223
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,140
    -18 at my house this morning. School is open. Buses are running. Kids are at the bus stops. Front rangers need to harden the fuck up.

  24. #7224
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,317
    Talk about needing to harden the fuck up -- One of the private high schools in Denver (Mullen) cancelled classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

  25. #7225
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Talk about needing to harden the fuck up -- One of the private high schools in Denver (Mullen) cancelled classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •