Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160
Results 3,976 to 3,992 of 3992

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I love this thread! The definition of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

{Highway / intersection / interchange} is fucked! Replace it now!
    Construction kicks off. This is fucked! So many delays, why are they doing it this way? I could do it better!
    {Highway / intersection / interchange} is upgraded. This is still fucked! Why did they do it this way? I could have made it better!

I have to bow out of shit show for good. See you on I70.
    My feeling is, if they're going to work on it, fix it right. Design the highway/interchange/whatever to deal with the current and future load.
    A glaring example is the EB 6/I25 interchange by Federal. They worked on it for a year, why the hell did they not redesign the on-ramp to I25 south to have at least 2 lanes, instead of keeping the 3 lanes into 1??! That's ludicrous. There's always backed up, stopped traffic there, even after this huge project they did. Fucking morons!

Quote Originally Posted by downvalleytrash View Post
    This thread has me so pumped to move back to Denver after a 17 year absence!
    Heh. You are in for some entertainment, for sure. Hopefully you're either retired or have a WfH job?

'Cause... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    But...will ROBOCARS be smart enough to not try and pull a boat through the mountain corridor, in the middle of a huge spring storm?
    Wondering when this would return

I'm all for robo cars. The large majority of people drive for shit.

However, I doubt I will use one until I'm old and senile. I trust myself combined with some crash avoidance software in the car more than a computer program. Programmers can't anticipate everything.

Another question is, will cars be programmed to save the most human life when fatalities/injuries are unavoidable? Or to save its occupants?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    <snip>
    However, I doubt I will use one until I'm old and senile. I trust myself combined with some crash avoidance software in the car more than a computer program.
    One of the arguments is that the economics will drive almost everyone out of the driver's seat eventually. Personal vehicles will become obsolete mainly because they are such a gigantic waste of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Wondering when this would return
    ?
    I took it and have had it on my phone for years, and pull it up anytime I need a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A glaring example is the EB 6/I25 interchange by Federal. They worked on it for a year, why the hell did they not redesign the on-ramp to I25 south to have at least 2 lanes, instead of keeping the 3 lanes into 1??! That's ludicrous. There's always backed up, stopped traffic there, even after this huge project they did. Fucking morons!
    It is not finished. And that is exactly what is left all the way up to Alameda exit. moron.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

^ the boat pic. I remember the day it happened. I think I was about 10 minutes ahead of it.

And true. Insurance costs and regulations will cause people to switch to automated cars.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Heh. You are in for some entertainment, for sure. Hopefully you're either retired or have a WfH job?

'Cause... yeah.
    Not retired. WfH for now...but likely to change.

I'm prepared to give up skiing.
    If crowded FR trails drive me off the mountain bike....well, that will be a bummer to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    It is not finished. And that is exactly what is left all the way up to Alameda exit. moron.
    The ramp from EB 6 to SB 25 is not finished? Sorry, news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I have to bow out of shit show for good. See you on I70.
    Who are you kidding? You can't quit us!

FWIW, the work done on the McCaslin interchange has been very successful. And overall the work done on 36 was great (regardless of how one might feel about the toll and the public-private partnership).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Not retired. WfH for now...but likely to change.

I'm prepared to give up skiing.
    If crowded FR trails drive me off the mountain bike....well, that will be a bummer to say the least.
    If you can't ride during the day during the week... it might.

If you can't ride during the day during the week... it might.
    Sweet.
    Gravel riding on the plains will be just as fun as Apex or Matthew B. Winter, I'm sure.

I-70 Content: In the late 90s, I got from my apartment on 10th &Lincoln to my buddy's place in East Vail in 1:15 on Saturdays...hauling ass? Sure, but wasn't particularly hard to do.
    Last edited by downvalleytrash; 05-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Sweet.
    Gravel riding on the plains will be just as fun as Apex or Matthew B. Winter, I'm sure.
    I'm sure. You've got the right attitude, I think.

I-70 Content: In the late 90s, I got from my apartment on 10th in Lincoln to my buddy's place in East Vail in 1:15 on Saturdays...hauling ass? Sure, but wasn't particularly hard to do.
    I-25 content warning:

I used to work at HP up on Harmony Rd in the mid-90's. Could make it from Green Mountain to the office in Ft. Fun in less than an hour with a stop at 120th to pick up the carpool. Most of the drive from 120th - Harmony was 90-100mph.

This is definitely the most accidents and near miss stories I've heard from friends and colleagues...

Summit schools are closed
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm sure. You've got the right attitude, I think.
    I probably need a "Pioneer" plate to really exhibit the right attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This is definitely the most accidents and near miss stories I've heard from friends and colleagues...

Summit schools are closed
    Shitshow up there?

I probably need a "Pioneer" plate to really exhibit the right attitude...
    Definitely. With a "Native" sticker just below it.