Page 160 of 465 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 11614
    Quote Originally Posted by downvalleytrash View Post
    Not retired. WfH for now...but likely to change.

I'm prepared to give up skiing.
    If crowded FR trails drive me off the mountain bike....well, that will be a bummer to say the least.
    If you can't ride during the day during the week... it might.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If you can't ride during the day during the week... it might.
    Sweet.
    Gravel riding on the plains will be just as fun as Apex or Matthew B. Winter, I'm sure.

I-70 Content: In the late 90s, I got from my apartment on 10th &Lincoln to my buddy's place in East Vail in 1:15 on Saturdays...hauling ass? Sure, but wasn't particularly hard to do.
    Last edited by downvalleytrash; 05-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Sweet.
    Gravel riding on the plains will be just as fun as Apex or Matthew B. Winter, I'm sure.
    I'm sure. You've got the right attitude, I think.

I-70 Content: In the late 90s, I got from my apartment on 10th in Lincoln to my buddy's place in East Vail in 1:15 on Saturdays...hauling ass? Sure, but wasn't particularly hard to do.
    I-25 content warning:

I used to work at HP up on Harmony Rd in the mid-90's. Could make it from Green Mountain to the office in Ft. Fun in less than an hour with a stop at 120th to pick up the carpool. Most of the drive from 120th - Harmony was 90-100mph.

This is definitely the most accidents and near miss stories I've heard from friends and colleagues...

Summit schools are closed
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm sure. You've got the right attitude, I think.
    I probably need a "Pioneer" plate to really exhibit the right attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This is definitely the most accidents and near miss stories I've heard from friends and colleagues...

Summit schools are closed
    Shitshow up there?

I probably need a "Pioneer" plate to really exhibit the right attitude...
    Definitely. With a "Native" sticker just below it.

Bumping...

people from other places driving in the left lane with summer tires when it's snowing on I70 are fucksticks and should be beat.

That is all...for now.

My lazy(psychic) ass just swapped tires last week. So left lane it is.

since I've gotten to travel to some of the other parts of the state lately that don't involve i70 I"d like to give my two cents on how to drive on two lane highways, since of course I'm the best driver out there

1) if you are driving a land yacht or pulling a massive house trailer pull the fuck over when fifty cars are piled up behind you and your doing 15 miles an hr under the speed limit

2) when someone is passing you, don't accelerate too, let off the gas and let them pass, what gives?

3) When there is a passing lane and you were only doing 65 keep doing 65, don't suddenly decide you have to do 80 so no one can get by you and then you slow back down to 65 after the passing lane ends

4) smoking weed while driving anywhere other than 70 is helpful and enjoyable

5) and again don't hesitate to pull the fuck over and let people by

#2&3 seem to be the most prevalent, especially on 285. WTF? I've had to pass people on the right, While they are hogging the passing lane, and then they gun it while I'm passing. These things make me wish I smoked more weed.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    #2&3 seem to be the most prevalent, especially on 285. WTF? I've had to pass people on the right, While they are hogging the passing lane, and then they gun it while I'm passing. These things make me wish I smoked more weed.
    I think half of them are oblivious to needing to move over and instinctually speed up as the brain senses more space it perceives safety at speed with room to maneuver, then instinctually slow down when they feel the road constrict (and usually curves).

I think the other half of them are assholes who treat being passed as a challenge to their teenie weenie and are willing to drive at any speed to get in front, but don't actually want to drive faster than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Winged a raspberry zinger into some guys car that was road ragin and weaving erratically in a narrow canyon.
    The reaction was the biggest lulz of the week, and super happy I didn't get shot.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

No discussion about I25 being on fire and shut down today ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Haha almost posted about that earlier. What a clusterfuck that must have been in the DTC. A big fireball in the middle of Denver's busier highway
    E470 stepped up and made the road toll free to help. That's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Winged a raspberry zinger into some guys car that was road ragin and weaving erratically in a narrow canyon.
    The reaction was the biggest lulz of the week, and super happy I didn't get shot.
    What was the reaction? How did you get next to him?

SnoBall would have been sticky marshmallow winningness. But, though I never condone wasting a Zinger, that is pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Damn, I have to go to tech center tomorrow morning. Still showing shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What was the reaction? How did you get next to him?
    Just more rage really, but funny for us in the the truck that could see his face.

He got into the right lane ahead of us for a failed pass attempt, and the left lane started going faster again. He couldn't get back over, even tried nudging our truck over. (Luckily the truck is big and already hail damaged to all hell, so go ahead and hit it buddy, was the attitude).
    We ended up next to him at the same speed, and I was the passenger. He was so close I coulda grabbed him. Instead, I used some of my cream filled munchies to let him know how I felt about his driving.

This was EB Glenwood Canyon, no idea what sparked his rage.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Just more rage really, but funny for us in the the truck that could see his face.

He got into the right lane ahead of us for a failed pass attempt, and the left lane started going faster again. He couldn't get back over, even tried nudging our truck over. (Luckily the truck is big and already hail damaged to all hell, so go ahead and hit it buddy, was the attitude).
    We ended up next to him at the same speed, and I was the passenger. He was so close I coulda grabbed him. Instead, I used some of my cream filled munchies to let him know how I felt about his driving.

This was EB Glenwood Canyon, no idea what sparked his rage.
    Fuck!! Lol

Drove from Golden to Ouray today. Google maps suggested that 285 would be more than an hour faster than 70, so we took 285. The drive ended up taking 10 hours. It took 3.5 hours just to go 70 miles from Golden to Fairplay. No accidents, just traffic.

My hate for what CO has become was in full swing today.

Traffic was stopped entirely between Kenosha Pass and Fairplay for 30+ minutes.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Also, before the inevitable "why would you try to drive that today?" questions roll in, my gf planned a group mountain biking trip for this weekend and I didn't put up enough of a fight about the dates. No more holiday weekend trips in CO for me ever again. In 10 hours I can be in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Also, before the inevitable "why would you try to drive that today?" questions roll in, my gf planned a group mountain biking trip for this weekend and I didn't put up enough of a fight about the dates. No more holiday weekend trips in CO for me ever again. In 10 hours I can be in Europe.

You're trying to save face by claiming you couldn't convince your girlfriend not to drive across CO on Saturday of July 4th weekend? If you were married, you'd have seen this coming...

"I want to drive to Ouray on Sat, July 1st..."

"That sounds awesome! Unfortunately, I'm <fill in the blank> that weekend... But you should totally go... No, I'll be fine! Have a great trip!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Yeah good call. Lesson learned.