Page 343 of 465 FirstFirst ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 11610
    I got a room in Glenwood Springs last night. There was a particularly gnarly ice section west of DeBeque and then it got shitty again near New Castle. Glad I stopped.

BTW as usual California drivers only seem to know how to use the left lane. WTF

Sunuva! Thought I had another winter out of these tires..

On that note, the amount of trash on the side of every bit of the i70 is truly disgusting. I want a clean area to change a tire. Fuck you littererz!
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Wow. Don’t see that every day. In fact knock on wood, I’ve never seen that in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Wow. Don’t see that every day. In fact knock on wood, I’ve never seen that in real life.
    Yea until you see the front right tire just sheer off on a rental going up over Berthoud and then flipping onto the guardrail. Sure winter driving is dangerous, but more power to the yahoos taking rentals that have been through who knows what up there.

That's what happens when you buy ko2's.

This showed up:

Name:  Image1604246524.122679.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  93.8 KB

Did you happen to find the rest of my tire?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	345897

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    That's what happens when you buy ko2's.
    Apparently. The spare has some good tread, gonna give that a go for a while.

The ride from 75 to zero was a hoot. Most exciting ride this week.

anyone in CO running snowflake rated A/T tires and going over the passes a lot? I ran Blizzaks two seasons ago and burned them up in one winter. Was commuting from Dumont to Golden 4 days a week, plus I skied about 85 days, mostly at Copper and WP and backcountry in various places. Brand new in November, bald in April.

I do a lot of offroading/"overlanding" in the dry months, and I can't really afford to buy two sets of tires, so I'm hoping I can get away with some of the mountain snowflake rated A/T's.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    anyone in CO running snowflake rated A/T tires and going over the passes a lot? I ran Blizzaks two seasons ago and burned them up in one winter. Was commuting from Dumont to Golden 4 days a week, plus I skied about 85 days, mostly at Copper and WP and backcountry in various places. Brand new in November, bald in April.

I do a lot of offroading/"overlanding" in the dry months, and I can't really afford to buy two sets of tires, so I'm hoping I can get away with some of the mountain snowflake rated A/T's.
    Good question. I just figured this out for myself. General consensus is the 3 peak tires that are worthwhile are Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo open country AT3, Cooper discoverer At3 4s (seeing a trend in naming yet??), or KO2s.

Most people agree the K02s are the worst in snow with the other three being closer in performance. I went with Toyo AT3 for snow and quiet tires but the Falkens were a close second.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Good question. I just figured this out for myself. General consensus is the 3 peak tires that are worthwhile are Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo open country AT3, Cooper discoverer At3 4s (seeing a trend in naming yet??), or KO2s.

Most people agree the K02s are the worst in snow with the other three being closer in performance. I went with Toyo AT3 for snow and quiet tires but the Falkens were a close second.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve heard endlessly how bad the KO2’s are in snow. I’m looking at the Falkens or the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT’s. The Falkens seem to get good snow reviews, but I keep hearing they’re bad about being impossible to balance. I had Toyo AT2’s on my 4x4 van and they did pretty well.

My KO2s are surprisingly bad in snow.

I've had General Grabber AT2s and Hankook Dynapro ATMs, both AT tires with the snowflake symbol.

The generals were excellent my first season, but got worse in the snow as they wore. Overall, ok, but I didn't buy them again.

The Hankook has been solid so far, but I've only had them for maybe 18 months.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Blizzaks are soft and don’t last as long but I’ve got my 4 th pair on order now for the new rig. They are best snow tire around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Cooper Discoverer M/S studded is the best snow tire I've used. I swap em out with Goodyear Duratracs for wheelin in the summer months.

Thanks for the input dudes. The Blizzaks are really good for grip but I don’t want to spend another $800 for tires that last 6 months tops. We’ll see. Maybe I’ll do the two sets thing. Gotta do it sooner than later though, trying to head to Wolf Creek this week.

Nokian, Michelin X-Ice, and possibly General Arctic Altimax (made by Gislaved).

The first two, easily get double the mileage of Blizzaks and they don't give up performance to do so.

Generals are quite a bit cheaper, but I have no first hand info to share.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post

I drove my old Tacoma and F150 all over CO for many years w/ KO2's and had no problems. I drove in 4wd a lot though. Decided to try a snow tire this season since I got a new truck and a gnarlier commute. Plus new Tacos won't let you shift into 4wd over 55 mph which is weird. We will see. Probably go back to KO2's in the summer or Wildpeaks.

Wife's new Rav4 came with Wildpeaks and she didn't like them in the last snow storm so we switched them out for some Nokian Nord 7s for the winter. They were lower profile and on bigger rims so I expect they were a little stiff and maybe too wide for such a light car for snow driving. She drives over Vail pass a lot so it is worth it.

I'm thinking Wildpeaks would be pretty good year round in a bigger configuration than that car.

got ko2s on my truck they are fine drive around in rwd in snow all the time just for fun
    I enjoy the feeling of sliding and being out of control but thats me starting to roll at a stop sign around town does suck though when in rwd
    lots of people seem to use them up here and you either hate them or love them

for some reason I don't want to put ko2s on my van and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what tire I want

I have been running blizzaks on my car forever they are awesome but they are soft and only last 2 years tops run them all summer too

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    got ko2s on my truck they are fine drive around in rwd in snow all the time just for fun
    I enjoy the feeling of sliding and being out of control but thats me starting to roll at a stop sign around town does suck though when in rwd
    lots of people seem to use them up here and you either hate them or love them

for some reason I don't want to put ko2s on my van and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what tire I want

I have been running blizzaks on my car forever they are awesome but they are soft and only last 2 years tops run them all summer too

i mean, sure, it's fun in a parking lot. not so much fun on 70 or berthoud, etc. Don't run them in the summer and they'll last longer.

I've realized the times I've had great tires, some asshole doesn't and they shut the highway down.
    Get a good AT tire, drive reasonably, and you'll get where you need to go.

It begins.

I-70 is CLOSED in both directions between Silverthorne (Exit 205) and just east of the Eisenhower Tunnel (Mile Point 215) due to a crash. Motorists are being detoured onto US 6 Loveland Pass. Travelers should plan for delays as crews work to safely remove a commercial vehicle that crashed just west of the tunnel. There is no estimated time of reopening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124837059_3413542198700662_4205190024256590450_o.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	347044
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Epicikon is gonna be my new winter tire brand. They include a RFID chip and they only work on a reservation system.

I just missed the epic I-70 shitshow by a hair today. Cop pulled out with lights on and shut down the EB tunnel approach literally 3 cars ahead of me coming down the hill to Silverthorne. Detoured to Loveland pass with zero issues and got back on 70, then cruised 55mph or better all the way to the F range. Probably only 30 min delay in my normal drive time from GJ.

whole lot of accidents on the south side of Hoosier last night as we were coming back from Wolf Creek, a total sheet of ice until you got to the top then nice snow pack back into breck. Surprised it didn't close.