Page 415 of 465 FirstFirst ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 11607
    Westbound was easy today. Eastbound did not look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Gee, who woulda thought traffic would be an Epikonic shitshow on Labor Day afternoon?
    I hope my posts were clear enough that I fully expected the traffic shit show I received. Because duh
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    A little known secret that you can take the frontage road most of the way to Denver and avoid the traffic. Give it a try!
    No need, I just hopped on the gondola.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Westbound was easy today. Eastbound did not look fun.
    Signed. It was basically a parking lot from Frisco to Georgetown around 3pm. Yeehaw!
    Old's Cool.

Awful peaceful round here nice that shits back to the normal cycles went to get gas in Frisco and it was all tapped out but its hot as fuck after this shitty wet summer I'm ready to burn

CDOT is replacing the bridge over the MFSP River and making improvements to the US285/HWY9 intersection in Fairplay starting next spring. 2.5 year project......brace yourselves!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    CDOT is replacing the bridge over the MFSP River and making improvements to the US285/HWY9 intersection in Fairplay starting next spring. 2.5 year project......brace yourselves!
    is that different than what they're doing on 285 now that has it closed between Fairplay and Antero Jct?

And isn’t the I70 Floyd Hill shitshow starting soon?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And isn’t the I70 Floyd Hill shitshow starting soon?
    Still in design yo

It will mostly be built offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    is that different than what they're doing on 285 now that has it closed between Fairplay and Antero Jct?
    Almost done with that bridge. Detour was best option. Sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, the current construction and detour is due to replacing the bridge over the SFSP River. That project is scheduled to be completed Nov. 1.
    Old's Cool.

Anybody else see that poor mangled moose just before the top of EB Vail Pass yesterday morning? Red compact sedan, dude was just standing there petting it, he's lucky to be alive.

Anyway, I promised myself that I will not go over VP again for the next 2 years at least. It's gonna be a total effing junkshow, moreso than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Anyway, I promised myself that I will not go over VP again for the next 2 years at least. It's gonna be a total effing junkshow, moreso than it already is.
    Why? Wife and I both commute it at least a few times a week for work for the last 10 years. It isn't really that bad usually as long as it is off peak hrs and not on weekends usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Why? Wife and I both commute it at least a few times a week for work for the last 10 years. It isn't really that bad usually as long as it is off peak hrs and not on weekends usually.
    I've also driven it back and forth for the last 30 years, basically every month for the last 20+ for work during the most heinous of conditions. I've seen it all.

It's how narrow the concrete barriers have made it as you get closer to the top of the pass for the huge construction project at VP. I know it's all dynamic and will change as the process goes on, but I didn't like what I saw yesterday and is a sure sign of what's to come, IMO. I can avoid it, so that's my plan. I'll hedge my bets and take 40/9 if I have to get to Copper from Routt County, where I live, whereas before I would usually stop in Eagle County first and make my way over to Copper and then Summit for a CCW loop to get back home.

Well if you can avoid it and don't have to drive it, then of course you avoid it. Just saying, it really isn't that bad, even with the construction. I probably have 50 round trips over there in the last 6 months.

I'm less willing to put up with that fuckery anymore compared to you, but I don't think it's anything to brag about. Have fun with that but I guarantee you it's going to cause more problems- no matter what day or time it is- is what I'm saying.

But did you see the freaking moose? Huge gnar.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

So the moose is laying there dead on the side of I70?

I 70 west bound is jacked up at 11:30 am before Floyd Hill. It looks like a refugee exodus with the slow moving procession of overstuffed trucks and trailers, but more bikes and boats than chickens and goats.

I’m worried for water ahead. Lots of snorkels and I’m unprepared.

Ha, don't cross any creeks.

Leadville mainstreet and Safeway jammed. I'm going to my secret aspen stash tomorrow.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    I 70 west bound is jacked up at 11:30 am before Floyd Hill. It looks like a refugee exodus with the slow moving procession of overstuffed trucks and trailers, but more bikes and boats than chickens and goats.

I’m worried for water ahead. Lots of snorkels and I’m unprepared.
    Someone should tow a snowmobile up there and leave in the right hand lane on Georgetown hill.

every front rangers is up trying on their new puffy either drinking spiced lattes or getting shit faced drunk and posing for the ski season it's a mess

Was out this morning eating my yogurt berries and feeding my nuts ti squirrels when I found these leaves turning I thin I was the first person to see them

3rd week of September. Right on schedule

Left Boulder at 9:15am yesterday and took 70-93-Cottonwood, and it took 4:30... pretty standard. A couple slowdowns on 70 heading up to Floyd Hill and then we got stuck behind some slow campers between L'ville and BV, but otherwise smooth sailing.

Colors are off the hook between Copper and BV, and they're probably 30-40% for what I can see in CB so far.

Lots of beautiful colors on Google maps. Maroon, red, orange on I70, Golden all the way up to IS. Looks like 2 hours to go 30 miles. #epicfall #epicfail

Express lanes on i70 from i25 to airport exit are awesome. Toll free right now