Page 385 of 465 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    On 285 near Conifer, a pickup was apparently going 80-100 mph, swerving in and out of traffic and ended up hitting another vehicle head on, killing 2, including a kid. Fucking horrific. Slow the fuck down people.
    Head ons between Conifer and Fairplay have been a problem for a long time. That highway needs to be four lanes at least to Fairplay, preferably all the way to Johnson Village.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Head ons between Conifer and Fairplay have been a problem for a long time. That highway needs to be four lanes at least to Fairplay, preferably all the way to Johnson Village.
    Yes....I’ve often said to make that a real highway and a viable alternate to I70 to reduce I70 shitshow traffic.

Yes....I’ve often said to make that a real highway and a viable alternate to I70 to reduce I70 shitshow traffic.
    Widening 285? Sure, no problem! That sounds pretty cheap! Why hasn't anyone thought of that before? Maybe blast a tunnel from Como to Breck. Actually, maybe with the whole new infrastructure spending bill they might be able to afford to do some of that.

I just rode 285 for a ways last weekend on the motorcycle and it was busy as hell both directions. One little accident and it would have been a disaster for traffic. Not fun on two wheels really. This state is at capacity.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Widening 285? Sure, no problem! That sounds pretty cheap! Why hasn't anyone thought of that before? Maybe blast a tunnel from Como to Breck. Actually, maybe with the whole new infrastructure spending bill they might be able to afford to do some of that.

I just rode 285 for a ways last weekend on the motorcycle and it was busy as hell both directions. One little accident and it would have been a disaster for traffic. Not fun on two wheels really. This state is at capacity.
    No solution is cheap. The bandaid fix to I70 by the bottom of Floyd Hill is $$$$ and won’t do much IMO.

The state is definitely at capacity. Maybe the wildfire smoke will drive some out.

No one wants to pay for a solution. Wake me up when that changes.
    Let's just plow Trail Ridge year round. 30' drift roadgaps, burn scar glades and Sundance laps in February yo!

I didn't notice any issues when I went to denver on wednesday smooth sailing up and down

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    No one wants to pay for a solution. Wake me up when that changes.
    Let's just plow Trail Ridge year round. 30' drift roadgaps, burn scar glades and Sundance laps in February yo!
    That and Rollins pass and the traffic situation a and the sidecountry terrain will both be vastly improved!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

No solution is cheap. The bandaid fix to I70 by the bottom of Floyd Hill is $$$$ and won’t do much IMO.

The state is definitely at capacity. Maybe the wildfire smoke will drive some out.
    We are living in the age of bandaid fixes, not major infrastructure projects that could benefit the states tourism industry for generations. All that happened in the 50s and 60s.

Another view that I adopted a few years ago is fuck expanding the capacity of the highways in any meaningful capacity. The mountain towns are already overflowing with people and the shitty highway is actually a valuable asset in controlling the flow of people. If they widened I70 to ten lanes, put in the monorail, and expanded 285 it would just add to the shitshow that is the Colorado high country. The towns would implode, ski areas would charge $4000 lift tickets and I’d sell everything and retire to Chamonix.

Your view isn't shared by anyone in planning or public works lol. If it helps you lower your stress level then continue doing it.

<snip> I’d sell everything and retire to Chamonix.
    Now you're talking.

They have a train.

AND a tunnel.

"We're full" is not a reason to ignore infrastructure investment.

I’ve heard Chamonix is quite the shitshow too though.

"We're full" is not a reason to ignore infrastructure investment.
    No... but TABOR is.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Your view isn't shared by anyone in planning or public works lol. If it helps you lower your stress level then continue doing it.
    Because then they wouldn’t have jobs. Gotta make yourself look busy or you are obsolete. Right?

I’m not saying don’t maintain or improve anything, but stop acting like getting more people to the mountains quicker is our ultimate goal. We can’t handle the crowds as is. Towns are cutting their marketing budgets, outlawing Airbnb’s, requiring reservations and shuttles to hike a 14er.

I’ve heard Chamonix is quite the shitshow too though.
    I'm sure it is... but at least the food and wine is better.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Aspen adopted that as it's identity in 1993.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Because then they wouldn’t have jobs. Gotta make yourself look busy or you are obsolete. Right?

I’m not saying don’t maintain or improve anything, but stop acting like getting more people to the mountains quicker is our ultimate goal. We can’t handle the crowds as is. Towns are cutting their marketing budgets, outlawing Airbnb’s, requiring reservations and shuttles to hike a 14er.
    Your 2 statements don't necessarily jive, but whatever. People assume we eat donuts and bitch all day....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Doesn't matter. The line of U-Haul trucks of wealthy folks coming from other states drives the infrastructure boom.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No... but TABOR is.
    See comment "no one wants to pay for a solution". We'll slap a shoulder lane toll on this thing and see how it works out.

The "we can't afford that", "we can't handle the crowds", "we can't engineer that", attitudes are lame. This is probably some fatigue from the last 18 months talking and a mini rant about our society but let's show some fucking ambition, ingenuity and collaboration and figure it out.

The feds, state, and municipalities are pumping plenty of $ for us to design and build. There are even climate change components included now to make certain types happy.

BTW i70 east of I25 is gonna be great for the front rangers plus it gets the tourists from the airport to the mtns even faster. Win-win

show some fucking ambition, ingenuity and collaboration
    INTERCONNECT GONDOLA!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    INTERCONNECT GONDOLA!!!!!!!!
    Can’t believe we don’t have that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Your 2 statements don't necessarily jive, but whatever. People assume we eat donuts and bitch all day....
    are you a cop man?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    are you a cop man?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Summit County 6.

Not I70, but NB82 last night. VMS alerted to rocks in the road at mm10. And sure shit there was with one about basketball size. Not emergency vehicles diverting traffic yet and about a dozen cars off the side of the road at that point checking their FSU. Probably a few more added to that tally. Didn’t look like a happy scene.