Page 294 of 465 FirstFirst ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 11607
    Some observations from last Sat (noonish) Copper to Vail adventure...

Snowy and windy as fuck, moderate traffic. But Vail pass was OPEN!

Semi with trailer fish tailing (no chains).

Semi jumping into left lane, no blinker, to pass another semi (with chains. This caused a chain reaction of clusterfuk and a few near misses behind him.

No one would pass the semi after he got back into the right lane. Creating the pass on right in between trucks situation.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Got detoured on floyd hill this morning that sucked balls roads were fine at 7am bit slushy but all it takes is one idiot these days

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Got detoured on floyd hill this morning that sucked balls roads were fine at 7am bit slushy but all it takes is one idiot these days

It was because of sun glare, according to the news. It happens all the time now... for "safety concerns".

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It was because of sun glare, according to the news. It happens all the time now... for "safety concerns".
    It's silly there was plenty of sun the rest of the way down keeping people safe from themselves

Nope, potholes

According to the local Fox News traffic lady, it's been temporarily closed due to sun glare the last two days. I'm just reporting what she reports.

According to the local Fox News traffic lady, it's been temporarily closed due to sun glare the last two days. I'm just reporting what she reports.
    I70 EB at Floyd Hill has been temporarily closing a bunch lately due to sun glare.
    Old's Cool.

Even a blind squirrel (Fox News) occasionally finds a nut.

Name:  Untitled-3.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  110.5 KB

To be fair, it's the local Fox News station.... not the main Faux News shit show.

People are pussies close your eyes hit the gas and keep it in a straight line

There used to be highschool students getting hurt from the sun glare and they'd change the time of school start because of it. At a certain times of year/day, it is extremely brutal. You literally have the sun at road horizon level dead ahead. Sunshade won't help and even if your windshield is perfectly clean, unpitted, (haha!) and you have super dark glasses, you still can't really see.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Jesus, I 70 now closes due to the sun? The fucking sun?

Vibes.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There used to be highschool students getting hurt from the sun glare and they'd change the time of school start because of it. At a certain times of year/day, it is extremely brutal. You literally have the sun at road horizon level dead ahead. Sunshade won't help and even if your windshield is perfectly clean, unpitted, (haha!) and you have super dark glasses, you still can't really see.
    36 out of Boulder can be like that in the winter. Total blindness during sunrise. Last year, I was headed up the hill, doing 70mph, into the glare, which got particularly blinding. The dillhole in front of me (that I couldn't see initially because sun) was so freaked out by it that he slowed to about 15mph and stayed in the lane. I almost jammed my Sequoia at a relative speed of 50mph into the back of his puny sedan.

If you can't keep going at a reasonable speed, get off the fucking road and on to the shoulder. Or at least -- snicker -- put on your hazards. Don't stay in your lane and do 50mph under the speed limit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I almost got in a super bad wreck today right after the tunnel heading west. It was around 7:45am, just cold enough that the road was slick, some precipitation to make it worse. Some dipshit had wrecked a few curves down from the tunnel. Got out and left their car in the middle of the road, across the left lane and part of the middle lane. Just stood there on the side of the road watching people almost hit their car. I was coming down the hill in the left lane, someone right next to me in the middle lane. Road was too slick to slam on the brakes, so I had to gun it and shoot for the space between the car parked in the middle of the interstate and the car on my right. luckily the car on my right moved over at the last possible second. I missed the wrecked car by inches. Was uncontrollably shaking for about 10 minutes afterwards. one of the closest calls I've ever had.

There's a reason the speed limit is 60 coming down the hill.

Glad you didn't wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    36 out of Boulder can be like that in the winter. Total blindness during sunrise. Last year, I was headed up the hill, doing 70mph, into the glare, which got particularly blinding. The dillhole in front of me (that I couldn't see initially because sun) was so freaked out by it that he slowed to about 15mph and stayed in the lane. I almost jammed my Sequoia at a relative speed of 50mph into the back of his puny sedan.

If you can't keep going at a reasonable speed, get off the fucking road and on to the shoulder. Or at least -- snicker -- put on your hazards. Don't stay in your lane and do 50mph under the speed limit.
    So lemme get this straight. You almost hit him because you couldn't see and it was his fault?

That sun glare is real. Yeah, doing 15 mph is slow, indeed. I get that.

This sounds suspiciously however, like news reports of 70 car pileups on I-5 in California being caused by the fog and not by following too closely while overdriving your visibility.

Since when is it good practice to drive beyond your ability to react?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I almost got in a super bad wreck today right after the tunnel heading west. It was around 7:45am, just cold enough that the road was slick, some precipitation to make it worse. Some dipshit had wrecked a few curves down from the tunnel. Got out and left their car in the middle of the road, across the left lane and part of the middle lane. Just stood there on the side of the road watching people almost hit their car. I was coming down the hill in the left lane, someone right next to me in the middle lane. Road was too slick to slam on the brakes, so I had to gun it and shoot for the space between the car parked in the middle of the interstate and the car on my right. luckily the car on my right moved over at the last possible second. I missed the wrecked car by inches. Was uncontrollably shaking for about 10 minutes afterwards. one of the closest calls I've ever had.
    Fuck, scary shit. Why the fuck wouldn’t he move his car into the BREAK DOWN LANE?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So lemme get this straight. You almost hit him because you couldn't see and it was his fault?

That sun glare is real. Yeah, doing 15 mph is slow, indeed. I get that.

This sounds suspiciously however, like news reports of 70 car pileups on I-5 in California being caused by the fog and not by following too closely while overdriving your visibility.

Since when is it good practice to drive beyond your ability to react?

... Thom
    When the glare is a condition that lasts for 30 seconds on an otherwise clear straight road that has a speed limit of 65, I think it's reasonable to not expect someone to slam on their brakes to 50mph under that speed limit and stay in the lane, becoming an obstacle in the road, an obstacle that they should know others can't see. Had he just slowed down, I'd not have had any issue. But nobody should drive 15mph on a clear dry road that has a speed limit of 65. And not do something like move to the shoulder or at least put their hazard lights on. If you think slowing to that speed and staying in the lane is the safe thing to do, I don't know what to tell you.

It's nothing like the fog you describe, because it's a very temporary condition that every driver knows is a very temporary condition, just slow down a little, do what you can to cut the glare, and it's over in a flash.

And for the record, I didn't hit him so I obviously wasn't driving beyond my ability to react.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Even a blind squirrel (Fox News) occasionally finds a nut.

Name:  Untitled-3.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  110.5 KB
    I'm gonna say they fixed the potholes during the sun glare closure.

Frustrating when the highway reopens and you're stuck on the frontage road with a 3 way stop holding everyone back.

AFAIK the closures are primarily for sun glare. The pages don’t mention pothole work.

The glare can be really bad at times, but really no worse than blowing snow or anything else that completely blinds you for several seconds at 65mph. I’m sure getting caught by the closure sucks, but it’s a known issue for this time of year, and too many crash statistics for cdot to ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

When you are full star wars, tripping ballz, in the whiteroom/treadmill for hours.

That's when things get tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When the glare is a condition that lasts for 30 seconds on an otherwise clear straight road that has a speed limit of 65, I think it's reasonable to not expect someone to slam on their brakes to 50mph under that speed limit and stay in the lane, becoming an obstacle in the road, an obstacle that they should know others can't see. Had he just slowed down, I'd not have had any issue. But nobody should drive 15mph on a clear dry road that has a speed limit of 65. And not do something like move to the shoulder or at least put their hazard lights on. If you think slowing to that speed and staying in the lane is the safe thing to do, I don't know what to tell you.

It's nothing like the fog you describe, because it's a very temporary condition that every driver knows is a very temporary condition, just slow down a little, do what you can to cut the glare, and it's over in a flash.

And for the record, I didn't hit him so I obviously wasn't driving beyond my ability to react.
    Fair enough.

15 mph is obviously dangerously slow. If he doesn't do that drive on a daily basis and he panics, he's definitely not going to process quickly enough to stack on the extra variables of signaling, checking his mirrors, looking over his shoulder and pulling over.

Yup, using hazards should be reflexive. I use them frequently in I-25 slowdowns - to wake the guy behind me up. Of course, we're talking about a population that fails to grasp the concept of even a turn signal, so I don't have expectations about people turning on their hazards - nice as that might be.

We're all guilty of the Seinfeld-ism to some extent: people who drive faster than us are maniacs and those who drive more slowly are morons.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-04-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    When you are full star wars, tripping ballz, in the whiteroom/treadmill for hours.

That's when things get tricky.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    I just passed you heading EB. Looked like a totalled 4runner on the west side getting loaded on a tow truck.

Currently on a detour on Floyd Hill. Some big potholes in the EB right lane on the overpass.
    thats really wild...i flipped around headed back EB at the tunnel opening, went loveland pass, dillon dam rd and turning into the shell station, flatbed with black newish forerunner with big tires and a top box....i thought to myself, surely this isnt the vehicle that just shut down wb70.....looks like it should own snowwy passes...but guess it was.....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    thats really wild...i flipped around headed back EB at the tunnel opening, went loveland pass, dillon dam rd and turning into the shell station, flatbed with black newish forerunner with big tires and a top box....i thought to myself, surely this isnt the vehicle that just shut down wb70.....looks like it should own snowwy passes...but guess it was.....
    any one can buy a bad ass car
    weather it has a manual transmission and how shitty of a driver who owns it are all questionable
    the shitty driver is...........
    well not everyone is an above average driver like the average i70forum tgr poster